A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 201587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LaughingLark
« Reply #1150 on: June 26, 2010 06:08:48 PM »

I got my Cricket loom yesterday, and I already made my first project on it last night and most of my second this afternoon. Right now I'm just trying to get my tension and selvages to be consistent, so I'm stashbusting some acrylic yarns. It just seems wasteful to use the Wool-Ease yarn that came with the loom when I knew my first scarf would not look that great. This is Red Heart Peruvian Print.

It was fun, but does not drape well. I packed it too hard, and it's not a soft yarn. My first projects will likely end up being sewn into something else eventually. If I ever get a wider loom, I think I would like to make some place mats out of acrylics like this. I love the loom, and I think I'll blast through a lot of my yarn making gifts on it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katara
« Reply #1151 on: June 27, 2010 02:49:08 AM »

I'm really trying very hard not to purchase wool and fabric and to use up what I have first. Must admit it's not easy at times but I have to be strict with myself. Am trying to bust some wool stash by participating in the granny square craftalong. Am also using material from my stash to make my very first poppet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: June 27, 2010 02:57:21 PM »

Time for another Sunday Night Update!

I was such a slacker this week!  I was too busy following the G20 protests, I guess; it's been ridiculous!

Anyhow, my goal every week is 7 hats and 7 scarves (on average...) but this week I only managed to do half that!

(Also: the weather has sucked... I had to take this picture inside and it just isn't as nice as I'd like it to be!)

The current count of Patons Melody things is: 25 hats, 25 scarves (hooray for catching up on the hats!); however, 2 of the hats (the pink one above and a white/blue/green variegated) and 2 of the scarves (both black) don't match.

Hopefully I can get back on track this week!  (But it's Canada Day on Thursday, so... we'll see!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1153 on: June 27, 2010 04:10:42 PM »

2 remnants of fabric, a spool of elastic thread, a spool of white thread.

Also destashed the sewing machine parts that don't fit the machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for 100% Cotton scraps.  Miss G wants to make a scrap quilt for as little $ as possible, so if you have something that she could use, please pm me.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1154 on: June 28, 2010 09:09:13 AM »

Great idea J_Kieviet!  I have no idea why I kept the parts to my old and long gone sewing machine!  I did keep the bobbin casings, light bulbs and feet, but I have no use for the other parts: buttonholer, and those cam things you stick in to change stitches...I think I will offer them up to anyone who possibly could use them!

I feel like a failure at destashing as well---except that I have become much more conscientious of not just randomingly buying yarns and fabrics without a set project in mind!  I think I have "saved" over $300 so far by NOT buying stuff and just using what I had! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1155 on: June 28, 2010 10:52:37 AM »

June 28-July 3rd destash list

here's the stuff I want to get rid of this week
-books
-sheet and brown fabric
-garbage and scraps
-1/2 spools of thread
-angel fleece and satin binding
-

Not destash, but want to organize
-sewing patterns
-thread and other sewing supplies
-ribbon
-little craft bits
-books
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for 100% Cotton scraps.  Miss G wants to make a scrap quilt for as little $ as possible, so if you have something that she could use, please pm me.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #1156 on: June 28, 2010 11:11:12 AM »

oh man--laughinglark--I meant to comment on your weaving!!! I love the colors and what great table runners and placemats weaving could make!  I am glad you pointed out the pitfalls...I never thought weaving too tight could end up being not very flexible for say, a scarf!

mio--wow--you sure produce a lot of hats...great variety as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: June 28, 2010 11:34:15 AM »

mio--wow--you sure produce a lot of hats...great variety as well!

I have to produce a wide variety otherwise I'd have given up interest and stopped making them long ago! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1158 on: June 28, 2010 12:38:35 PM »

Thanks, everyone. Smiley I made some more over the last couple of days. Some yarns I have are really fun colors, but rough. Especially the blue and green one. I'm hoping I can wash and block out some of the stiffness. If not, I'm eyeing that piece of weaving for a bag of some kind. I might make myself some fun and crazy project totes with the rougher, but more colorful, yarns in my stash.

On the stiffer yarns, I have a little more trouble controlling the tension, so the blue green scarf has a few bad spots on the side. They are good for practice, though. I love bright colors and variegated yarns, and someday I'll be working with better ones. Meanwhile, I'm having a blast learning how to combine my colors.

This one is a variegated purple with a plum yarn for the weft. It's going to be stiff, too. Oh, well.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all the Things!

« Reply #1159 on: June 28, 2010 01:01:20 PM »

wow--totally looks like great fun--and such beautiful combos of colors!

You know, the stiffer ones would make fabulous belts!!  A purse is a good idea as well...have fun and keep posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Wear the A-Line Denim Skirt
27 Times Amal Clooney Dressed Better Than Everyone
How to Wear Knee-High Boots All Spring Long
How to Dress Like a Pretty Little Liar as an Adult
Target Debuts New, High End Swimwear Line
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars
June 29, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...