A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 198381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1140 on: June 22, 2010 11:37:29 AM »

I noticed at Joann's that they are now selling tiny (2-3 oz) skeins of yarn---I think those would be terrific for small projects like a potholder, scrubbie, amigurumi, etc.  It would be nice not to have to buy a whole ful1 skein for small stuff. They were 2 or $5.  Of course, I had to buy a few to have on hand... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1141 on: June 22, 2010 01:33:05 PM »

No destashing persay, but making space for other stuff and a cleaner area for crafting - plus 2 weeks till we list our house.  I went through my large desk drawer got rid of the jun,now I'm cleaning up the floor and getting rid of some scraps that I no longer need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for 100% Cotton scraps.  Miss G wants to make a scrap quilt for as little $ as possible, so if you have something that she could use, please pm me.
J_Kieviet
« Reply #1142 on: June 23, 2010 03:47:37 PM »

destashed:
3 - 1/2 spools of thread
1 old sweater - dumb company put the nap upside down, but now it's properly redone on a baby piggy costume!
1 meter elastic
scrap fabrics
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for 100% Cotton scraps.  Miss G wants to make a scrap quilt for as little $ as possible, so if you have something that she could use, please pm me.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1143 on: June 23, 2010 04:04:49 PM »

*sigh* I can't seem to destash to save myself anymore. I guess that comes from working in a store that feeds the need gives me free supplies from time to time.

I can say I just use up a skein of Malabrigo lace for a shawl that will be entered into the county fair next Tuesday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1144 on: June 24, 2010 12:47:43 PM »

destashed:
3 - 1/2 spools of thread
1 old sweater - dumb company put the nap upside down, but now it's properly redone on a baby piggy costume!
1 meter elastic
scrap fabrics
I have sweaters and clothing where the nap is upside down on purpose!  Supposedly, it wears better that way...at least for corduroy and velvet!  I also have sweaters where the seams are on the outside...I think it is a "look"... Cheesy

Have you posted any pics?

rottenlittleboys--how exciting!  I hope you win a ribbon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myowngoddess

Where are those scissors...

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 24, 2010 04:02:22 PM »

When the nap is "upside down" in garments, it is usually on purpose. They (industry people) say it gives a richer color and has less "shading" (when the pattern pieces look different colors because of the angle or direction they were cut in).
Personally, I can't help rubbing it the 'right' way!  Tongue

Really inspiring thread! I have a kist full of fabric and 2 boxes of odd yarns that I need to use up! If only there was more time in the day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1146 on: June 24, 2010 11:02:16 PM »

I haven't posted pics - my sil took pics perhaps she'll send them to me tomorrow.

As for the nap being wrong, it was one way on the hood, other way on the body, and 3rd way on the cuffs, where as the pants where all one way, so I think it was a screw up and that's why they where $5/set, the pants are great for camping, and the jacket made a cute oufit.

I also destashed 2.5 meters of cotton to make a blouse, wonder what tomorrow will bring other than paper to print resumes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rinoa1024
« Reply #1147 on: June 25, 2010 06:42:00 PM »

I finally finished another stashbuster project.  I have been spending too much time playing video games and not knitting/crocheting.  I wish I could sprout two more arms so I can knit and game at the same time.  Cry

I really want to crochet tawashis after seeing these cute rainbow tawashis but I cannot watch World Cup matches and crochet at the same time. Sad  I need another knitting project...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: June 26, 2010 03:54:12 PM »

I really am stinking badly at this whole 'destashing' thing. I brought home nearly nine more yards of material today.  Roll Eyes

Granted it will be used up in about three days, but still! Tongue It seems for me to be less that I am finding great deals on materials as much as just working on different types of projects than I used to.

I think I may need to be a little more honest with myself, go through my material stash again and really evaluate what I will and will not be using within the next calender year. I need to bag and label each grouping of materials with either a pattern or intended project. If at the end of the year, I have brought more material home and not touched the projects sitting in my stash, it should go on E-bay or Craig's List.

The reason I am giving myself this time frame is simple. I have just recently begun to learn the skills needed to get the results I truly desire.

But at least I am leaving the yarns alone even while I am crocheting and knitting more than ever before.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1149 on: June 26, 2010 05:34:31 PM »

Same here, it's time to purge the junk!  this week we're listing the house next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Remove the Breast Meat of a Turkey
How to Remove the Wings of a Holiday Turkey
How to Separate the Dark Meat in a Turkey
How to Measure the Temperature of a Holiday Turkey
Carving a Holiday Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...