A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 316,854
Currently Running With Scissors:
361 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 213740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1110 on: June 13, 2010 04:32:58 PM »

Fantasticmio, have you been to that cute little yarn shop in Kensington Market? It's called something like Lettuce Knit and it has some nice, Nice stuff in it. Haven't been in a long time myself but hoping to get out that way soon. Surely Romni on Queen W has some stuff that isn't wool though, they must!

I've been to both!  I'm going back there on the TTC Knit-a-long, I think, but I've never bought anything from either of them.  Lettuce Knit was small and I was a bit intimidated by the knitting. Tongue  I knit now, so that's better ^_-  but I've been wanting to go back with other knitters instead of just alone. 

I went to Romni with mr.fantastic but he was allergic to something in there (not the wool... something else) so we had to go.  It's not really convenient for me to get to, marooned out in Etobicoke. lol  There used to be Village Yarns out this way, but the owner retired and no one wanted to buy it, I guess.  It's a shame, they had some good stuff. ^_^

« Reply #1111 on: June 14, 2010 03:39:18 AM »

Anyone want to hazard an opinion on  when a craft purchase ceases to be "new" and works its way into being stash?  Do folks have a time line for making the mental switch, or is it something like when you can no longer remember what project you had in mind when you originally made the purchase?
For me, anything that isn't used right away is stash. If I have a project in mind, but don't start it, the material for it is stash.

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1112 on: June 14, 2010 09:33:30 AM »

Most of mine is yarn too. Er, most but I seem to be accumulating quite a bit of supplies for crafts I don't even do regularly.

Anyway, if it's not cast on in the first couple of weeks, it becomes stash. Some yarn I purchase with a project in mind and some I buy just because it's pretty and then forget I have it (sock yarn, oh my word, you don't want to know how much sock yarn I've been accumulating recently). Most of the time when I put in a yarn order anywhere, I buy something with a project for immediate cast-on and then a few extra balls for various things I want to do in the future. The latter becomes stash.

« Reply #1113 on: June 14, 2010 01:42:55 PM »

Interesting systems all round.  I seem to overlap with those who have time-frames to shift from "new" to "stash", and those who just declare that which is bought and not immediately used to be stash. 

I think I need to start putting the dates I buy things on the ball bands so I have some idea of how long things sit around before I get to them, just out of curiosity. 

« Reply #1114 on: June 14, 2010 02:52:17 PM »

Not REALLY destashing, but making room for stuff so it's not everywhere, but I did destash the garbage that's been accumulating from projects (not enough left to do anything but felt the need to keep it)  still working on the necklaces and jewellery sets, that destashed a bunch of stuff.

I have this stuff I'm willing to trade/sell/swap/whatever

aida cloth
plastic beads

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: June 14, 2010 03:05:34 PM »

Just a reminder to follow Craftster rules and not post for personal swaps/trades in posts. Please put that info in your signature of profile and keep all discussion to pm. Thanks!

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1116 on: June 14, 2010 03:53:56 PM »

Everything I've got as of yesterday:

Pictured: 12 hats and 20 scarves made out of Patons Melody, 10 of which are sets.  Also, 4 Crochet-on-the-Double hats and 1 CotD scarf, 1 set.

14 scarves and 3 hats were made in the last week!  I've been stepping up production in hopes of clearing out my Patons Melody stash by the end of August, though, my mom keeps buying more.  It's for a good cause, though. ^_^

Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 14, 2010 08:39:36 PM »

These are fantastic!
Who do you make them for?
re your signature, I also have a stash that makes others feel better about there own, and hardly any sense of smell, which is kinda handy in the work I do, lol! ( you dont want to know)
S Grin

I've started a wist!
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
« Reply #1118 on: June 14, 2010 09:14:42 PM »

Wow, that's a metric ton of knitting!  How many skeins did that clear out?

« Reply #1119 on: June 14, 2010 11:13:54 PM »

fantasticmio - You REALLY have been crocheting like crazy!!
I've also used some of my wool stash - Have just finished crocheting myself a skinny scarf.
I posted a pic here
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010 05:53:10 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...