A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,167
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 149172 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1110 on: May 29, 2010 09:12:16 AM »

It's a pocket! I like that the zipper teeth are big enough to sort of look like real teeth when his mouth is open. That was stash too.
I have a small box totally full of 1/4s and scraps of all kinds and a shelf of interesting old sheet, bits of woven fabric and flannels I've picked up here and there. Then there is a rainbow mountain of fleece all from old jackets from the thrift store. I use that a lot though, I don't really want to destash it all in a hurry, just as I use it up. I've got a pile of really wierd clothes cut up too, lots of monsterish prints. I can't believe how horrible those garments are but the uglier it is the better it is for creepy cute creations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: May 29, 2010 09:13:34 AM »

Those lil monsters are so cute CLM! I love the fabric on the black one, and a pocket zipper mouth is adorable! The bird wall hanging is great too, did you turn the edges under on the applique or is it raw edge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1112 on: May 29, 2010 09:28:11 AM »

I wish I'd gotten a better pic of the colour 'cause that sucker is dark purple.
I did turn the edges under on the bird, I wanted it to be crisp and since I hadn't ever tried it with the raw edge I wasn't sure about fraying. I know there is stuff to stick the fabric down but I didn't use any this time round. I'll be doing it again though, I like how it turns out.
Oh wait, I did do a heart once on a needle book. The edges were turned under on that too though. And it was an easy shape I found, these ones were wonky to work with a bit.
I machine stitched around the bird so that it and the cage would show on the back too but it is very light. I should have hand stitched all of that with embroidery thread to make it more distinct I think.

Anyhow, back to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1113 on: May 29, 2010 12:36:00 PM »

The monsters are just so creative!  You have some imagination!  I love the pink one, actually...

and the birdcage applique is wonderful...I have done quite a few appliques but I never turn under the edges...I found that if I use heat bond, it seems to fuse the edges shut..I also use a weird stitch all around...it looks like a funny big blanket stitch...

Excellent projects...and all from stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1114 on: May 29, 2010 06:50:41 PM »

What I got completed:

cut fabric for P.J's, but need to find a coordinating fabric, might use the brown I have on hand and destash some more.

Completed a necklace - bought beads specifically but at least I got it completed and didn't shelve it for another month

REST OF WEEKEND DESTASH LIST:
*Cut out brown blouse
*Make 2 more sets of jewellery
*Make 3 boxes for the jewellery
*Complete teal tissue holders
*Make beach bag, towel, and other goodies for secret pal

Tidy craft room
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1115 on: May 30, 2010 05:51:27 AM »

My doll measures 14"...I took  a few pics...the doll is my first given to me by my nanny when I was in Germany...so she is about 52 years old! Cheesy

A lovely crochet dress or maybe a velvet dress--that would use up a bit of stash!

Aw, she is quite adorable. I can understand why she is precious to you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1116 on: May 30, 2010 06:20:48 AM »

I love the monsters, CLM!

I'm trying to figure out how to make roses out of velvet similar to these. I really like the look of them. I found a couple of tutorials last night that were close, but hubby closed the window and for some reason I can't find it in history. I think he may have navigated away from the window I had open to look at something he wanted to delete when he was done looking at it so our kids would not find it in history. Men... Roll Eyes It is nowhere to be found, and I can't even find or remember the search string I used. Everything else I looked at yesterday is still in history. I wish I had bookmarked the site.  Cry

Here is where I first saw them. I bought the magazine partly because I hoped I'd learn how to do them, but there is no tutorial in there. I think they would be cute to put on fall craft projects. I have velvet scraps in my craft room doing nothing. I found out long ago that I hate to sew with velvet.  But I'd love to make flowers like these from it.

I think they are super-cute, and a great way to de-stash difficult or temperamental fabric scraps. Have you seen a tutorial for flattened roses like these that are sewn together? I think this is a fold and tuck and sew method, not the gluing and rolling method of construction. How would you make these? Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1117 on: May 30, 2010 06:29:24 AM »

Those are beautiful but crap, I have No idea how you'd make them. Most fleurs like that are folded over and over out of ribbon, the raw edge on the velvet wouldn't work for that. Unless you sewed it into a tube and followed a regular ribbon rose tutorial? Might be worth a try with scraps to see if ti works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #1118 on: May 30, 2010 09:30:38 AM »

I think they might be sewn to a base fabric as they are created in an outward spiral fashion. I will try to see if I am lucky while searching for a tute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: May 30, 2010 09:36:50 AM »

I'm gonna check the blog Ruffles and stuff, she does all kinds of stuff like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art and Design in Filmmaking
Indie Film Financing Tips
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 2/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 4/7
How to Create Basic Wound Make up Part 6/7
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...