A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 205
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 145975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009 07:31:54 PM »

This sounds very very good. I had kind've a stash binge at Joann's the other night, and ending up going into the negative in my bank account because of it.  Embarrassed This is the year to use everything up. Most the the projects I've listed on my 50 projects in 2010 are with things that are already in my stash.
Themes sound like a fun idea to me, but I probably wouldn't always follow them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlyGirlTomBoy
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009 08:06:58 PM »

My G-ma and I are kinda doing the same thing.  We decided that with all the projects we are wanting to do we'll just do a specific type a month.  So January is Blanket month (Baby, snuggle, etc) and February is Apron month.   March is pajama month and April is Curtain month. and so forth.   Fortunately we both should be able to mainly work out of the stashes at both our houses... For some reason she constantly is spending part of her's home with me... It's out of control.. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009 08:19:10 PM »

This is an awesome idea.  I have garbage bags and garbage bags full of acrylic yarns and soooooooo need to majorly destash.  I'd like to focus more on the nicer wools I have, but I can't because the acrylic is taking over my house.  I also have sooooo much fabric and have really stepped away from sewing to persue my major pleasure of crocheting. *sigh* I have so much stuff. It has taken over my house. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009 08:35:51 PM »

I'm totally in!  I've spent far too much on material especially this year ... need to use at least half of it this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's time to enter your favorite breakfast recipes in the Get 'Em Up Breakfast Recipe Challenge!  Post Nov. 23- Nov. 30!  Vote Dec. 1-7!
Taniquel
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009 09:40:48 PM »

I totally need to join in... I have trouble resisting good specials, so for the sake of marital harmony I need to get my stash down instead of growing it this year
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010 02:57:00 AM by Taniquel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Terracruz
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010 01:31:13 AM »

I really need to join in too. I am so guilty of buying something new because I am too lazy to look though my stash. (shrinky dink paper today  Roll Eyes)
I have PILES & PILES of scrapbooking supplies & fabric. And embroidery patterns & floss. I seriously think 2/3rds the fun is buying the supplies.

Let's play!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terra
Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010 03:39:03 AM »

Im very much up for this. Im a terrible hoarder.  If I see fabric in Charity shops/boot fairs etc I buy it regardless of whether I know what to use it for because I am worried it will be thrown away.  Since getting a job working with fabric I have bought a collosal amount and feel its time I get rid of all the second hand fabric in the oh so glamourous sack in my cupboard.  Throwing it away is not an option, so this craftalong is exactly what I need to keep motivated in using it all up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeffsweetie

I would love to do a personal swap!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010 04:08:05 AM »

Id like to try this, I have so much yarn my husband gets sick when he see's it Smiley- It makes me happy though, is that weird? LOL. I am due with my second daughter in just two weeks though, so Im not sure how much time I will have to work on this... I am also learning to quilt and have fabric I bought with making a queen sized quilt in mind... maybe this will be the year! I also have ribbon for hair bows... and other random things.. I suppose I could use all of those things - then I can buy more!!!!!!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010 05:05:08 AM »

oh i am so in! hubby is always after me to de-stash my stash. i think he's worried it won't fit in 2 large cabinets any more lol. and since moving back in with my parents, there is twice as much craft supplies because of everything my mom has. i really need to come up with a use for acrylic beads. my grandmother used a lot of them and sent them my way before she passed away. so now 1 whole shelf in one of my cabinets is nothing but beads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CoutureCreations

So many crafts, so little time!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010 08:02:39 AM »

I've found my place now!  Wink
I totally need to do this.  Not only is there not much storage in this house, but hubby keeps asking me to pare down on the fabric...I can't find anything and nothing 'moves' me anymore!!!
Besides fabric I have inherited (My gram passed away last year) lots of yarn that I have NO PLACE to put!
I'm so glad to have found others with same/similar problem!!  So hopefully our ideas will spark other ideas and we can all work through our *stuff*!
Woo HOO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 205 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Flower Part 10/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 2/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 11/11
How to Crochet a Flower Part 1/11
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 7/9
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...