A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchies - it's a new year! Signups Dec 31-Jan 16 or until full; Sendouts Feb. 16  (Read 24877 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 31, 2009 08:31:03 AM »

our gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334742.new#new

Swap name: Inchies - it's a new year!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Goatgoddess
co org - Knickertwist
Sign-up date range: Dec 31, 2009 thru Jan 16, 2010 or until 40 reached
Date to send item by: Feb 16, 2010

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 40

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO, and you must be willing to send internationally. These will be letter sized packages with no DC numbers, so mailing will be relatively inexpensive. Participants must also be willing to re-send any lost packages in order to receive positive feedback at the end of the swap.

Age requirement? 13+

Swap Organizer and Co Organizer themselves meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: These packages will be letter size and too small for Delivery Confirmation, but you MUST be willing to resend if a package is not received in order to get positive feedback.
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: See the note about delivery confirmation.

Details of swap:
Inchies are tiny little works of art. They are exactly 1" by 1", grouped together, they are beyond wonderful! For this swap, we are changing things up a bit due to swappers requests - you will make 49 inchies. You will send 7 sets of 7 to different partners. so you will make 49 and get back 49

we will be in groups of 8

Here are a couple of examples of some inchies:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211483.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=215462.0

Round 1 gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=218062.0
Round 2 gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=289263.0

Round 3 discussion:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311372.0

Inchies one more time
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314362.100

More inspiration:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=inchies&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

all you would ever want to know about a inchie here - thanks Phizzychick for writing that up
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303188.0

There is plenty of time to make these, with sendouts Feb 16, 2010 - You can start right away, as they really don't need to be tailored to a certain partner. All mediums are welcome.  Inchies need to be on a sturdy base - Regular office paper won't work - You can use things like card stock, cardboard etc. If you are doing fabric be sure to put some kind of interfacing to make them sturdy - the links posted are great for ideas.  

Shipping - Please protect your inchies - don't just throw them in a envie and hope for the best - they are going to get beat up - Those little note cards work great for sending inchies as would just a pcs of cardstock folded over in a envie
I like to use atc card protectors and staple in between the inchies so they each have their own pocket and send that in a note card. also PLEASE include your user name on the back of your inchies - makes a bit easier to thank you for your wonderful inchies

Pictures are required.  Some like to post pics as they receive and others like to post after they received all of them.  You may use a camera or a scanner.  

So who wants to play?

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Inchies - it's a new year!

Craftster username:

Email address:

Your real name:

Mailing address including the country:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES, this will be required.

Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no):

1.  What kind of inchies are you wanting to do? (you can answer unsure here if you aren't sure yet).

2.  What kind of inchies would you like to receive? (examples would be fabric or cute or bizzarre, anything, etc)

I CANNOT guaranty that I can match people up perfectly, so keep an open mind.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1. goatgoddess
2. MunLtStmpr
3. taraston
4. AlwaysInspired
5. alwaysinmyroom
6. SonjaBoo
7. sprinklez
8. McJulie-O
9. melmakespretty
10. seeuudee
11. thelastkodama
12. sajona
13. Smmarrt
14. PinkPug,INK.
15. llisaredd
16. malmow
17. beckashell
18. professionalpineapp le
19. NH822
20. Ramona Q
21. Ma Rut
22. Mfupi
23. hahnasay
24. Knickertwist
25. alorralora
26. teffy
27. GlitteringPeacock
28. Jolyon
29. jayla614
30. vinnie451
31. bethiej78
32. eternallyeve
33. Spiffyhink
34. mindboggld
35. milkmaid01
36. IdlersDesign
37. ckchan
38. jeniferpi
39. curiousfae
40. Sinjah

and that's it <G>

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 08:13:29 AM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009 08:32:12 AM »

Green = Sent   -   Blue = Rec

group one

thelastkodama (rec - bethiej78, vinnie451, alorralora, Spiffyhink, beckashell, ckchan, Knickertwist)

alorralora (Rec - bethiej78, thelastkodama, ckchan, Spiffyhink, vinnie451, Knickertwist, beckashell)

beckashell(Rec - thelastkodama, alorralora, vinnie451, Spiffyhink, ckchan, bethiej78, Knickertwist )

Spiffyhink (Rec - bethiej78, ckchan, beckashell, Knickertwist, thelastkodama, vinnie451, alorralora)

ckchan (Rec - beckashell, thelastkodama, Spiffyhink, vinnie451, Knickertwist, Bethiej78, alorralora)

Knickertwist (Rec - alorralora, Spiffyhink, bethiej78, beckashell, thelastkodama, ckchan, vinnie451)

vinnie451 (rec - ckchan, thelastkodama, alorralora, beckashell, Spiffyhink, Knickertwist, Bethiej78

bethiej78 (Rec - vinnie451,thelastkodama, ckchan, Spiffyhink, beckashell, knickertwist, alorralora )

group two

round robin angel group

Ramona Q sends to Ma Rut
Ma Rut sends to hahnasay
hahnasay send to jayla614
jayla614 sends to IdlersDesign
IdlersDesign sends to jeniferpi
jeniferpi sends to Sprinklez
Goatgoddess sends to Ramona Q

Ramona Q (Rec - IdlersDesign, Sprinklez, jayla614, Ma Rut, jeniferpi)

glitteringpeacock flaked

Ma Rut (Rec - jeniferpi, Sprinklez, jayla614, IdlersDesign, Ramona Q)

hahnasay - (Rec - Sprinklez, Ma Rut, Ramona Q, IdlersDesign, jayla614, jeniferpi )

jayla614 (Rec -jeniferpi, Ma Rut, IdlersDesign, hahnasay, Ramona Q, Sprinklez)  

IdlersDesign - (Rec - Sprinklez, Ramona Q, jayla614, jeniferpi, hahnasay, glitteringpeacock, Ma Rut)

jeniferpi (Rec - jayla614, Ma Rut, IdlersDesign, Ramona Q)

Sprinklez (Rec - jayla614, Jeniferpi, Ma Rut, IdlersDesign, hahnasay, Ramona Q)

Group Three

PinkPugINK (Rec - teffy, NH822, AlwaysInspired, taraston, professionalpineapp le, Eternallyeve, Mfupi )

Eternallyeve (rec - PinkPugINK, AlwaysInspired, NH822, teffy, taraston, professionalpineapp le, Mfupi)

NH822 (rec - AlwaysInspired, PinkPugINK, teffy, taraston, Eternallyeve, Mfupi, professionalpineapp le)

professionalpineapp le (Rec - PinkPugINK, NH822, teffy, Eternallyeve, Mfupi, Alwaysinspired, taraston)

Mfupi ( Rec - Eternallyeve, professionalpineapp le, teffy, taraston, PinkPugINK, NH822, Alwaysinspired)

Alwaysinspired(rec - PinkPugINK, teffy, NH822, eternallyeve, taraston, professionalpineapp le, Mfupi )

taraston (Rec - PinkPugINK, NH822, Alwaysinspired, professionalpineapp le, teffy, Eternallyeve, Mfupi)

teffy (Rec - PinkPugINK, AlwaysInspired, NH822, taraston, professionalpineapp le, Eternallyeve, Mfupi)

Group four

MunLtStmpr (Rec - Smmarrt, Melmakespretty, alwaysinmyroom, Malmow, mindboggld, seeuudee, Jolyon )

Jolyon - (Rec - Smmarrt, malmow, MunLtStmpr, seeuudee, alwaysinmyroom, Melmakespretty, mindboggld )

mindboggld - (rec MunLtStmpr, alwaysinmyroom, seeuudee, Malmow, Melmakespretty, Smmarrt, Jolyon)

seeuudee  (Rec - Smmarrt, MunltStmpr, Malmow, alwaysinmyroom, Melmakespretty, mindboggld, Jolyon )

Smmarrt (rec - MunLtStmpr, Malmow, alwaysinmyroom, mindboggld, Jolyon, seeuudee, Melmakespretty)

Melmakespretty (Rec- MunLtStmpr, alwaysinmyroom, Malmow, Smmarrt, seeuudee, Jolyon, mindboggld)

Malmow (Rec - Smmarrt, MunLtStmpr, alwaysinmyroom, Melmakespretty, mindboggld, seeuudee, Jolyon)

alwaysinmyroom  (Rec - MunltStmpr, Melmakespretty, Malmow, seeuudee, Jolyon, mindboggld, Smmarrt)

Group five

SonjaBoo (Rec - goatgoddess, McJulie-O, sajona, milkmaid01, llisaredd, curiousfae) (sent twice)

McJulie-O (Rec - llisaredd, curiousfae, SonjaBoo, goatgoddess, sajona, sinjah, llisaredd)

llisaredd (Rec - curiousfae, goatgoddess, McJulie-O, SonjaBoo, sajona, milkmaid01, sinjah)

sajona(rec - curiousfae, McJulie-O, goatgoddess, SonjaBoo, llisaredd, sinjah, milkmaid01 )   (re sent to sinjah - REC)

milkmaid01 (Rec - McJulie-O, goatgoddess, curiousfae, llisaredd, SonjaBoo, sajona) (sent twice)

curiousfae (Rec - sinjah, llisaredd. sajona, SonjaBoo, McJulie-O, goatgoddess, milkmaid01)

sinjah  (Rec-  Sajona, Goatgoddess, llisaredd, McJulie-O, SonjaBoo, curiousfae, milkmaid01,

Goatgoddess (Rec - McJulie-O, milkmaid01, sajona, llisaredd, sinjah, SonjaBoo, curiousfae)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010 01:49:25 PM by goatgoddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009 02:29:54 PM »

I sent in my info and looked at some inspirations pics! I also punched out all 49 of my backgrounds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009 02:36:01 PM »

I'm a little confused about the mailing/DC status...

If I understand correctly, we DON'T need DC's, but if any of the 7 envelopes go astray, we will resend, and some of our 7 partners may be from outside the US, but one envelope of 7 inchies and protective cardboard shouldn't be cost inhibitive.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
goatgoddess

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009 08:46:19 PM »

I mail ATC's all over the place - mailing to the United Kingdom and Australia is .98 cents - to Canada is .75

so it's not too bad - plus there are very few times that envies go missing.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010 08:52:37 AM »

I am in!  I have never done any pieces this small, but I have tons of ideas! 

Look forward to starting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprinklez
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010 12:20:02 PM »

Yay, I'm excited Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkPug,INK.

*Paper Gangsta*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010 03:32:16 PM »

I've never been in a Inchie swap so since it's a new year, I'm trying something new! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out "Pugs & Papercrafts", my brand new blog!
http://pinkpugink.blogspot.com/

http://www.PinkPugINK.etsy.com

Pink Pug Wists
http://www.wists.com/PinkPugINK
malmow
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010 04:35:24 PM »

I'm in! I'm excited to start crafting again after taking a break for finals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melmakespretty
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010 06:41:43 PM »

YAY!
I'm in. I love making inchies and can't wait to get started.
I have two sets from previous rounds framed and can't wait to add a third.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Take Care of Hair Extensions
How to Do the Perfect Sleek Blowout at Home
The Risks of Using a Hair Relaxer
Va Va Voom! This 1960s Hair Embodies Grace And Glamour
Hair Extensions Before and After Like J Lo
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...