A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wrist warmers....themed, of course. I AM NOT ASHAMED!  (Read 2298 times)
Tags for this thread: twilight , wrist_warmer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Le Mieux
« on: December 31, 2009 05:49:06 AM »

DISCLAIMER: BEFORE YOU SIGH, ROLL EYES, OR GROAN...YES, I AM ONE OF "THOSE" PEOPLE. I AM INFACTUATED WITH TWILIGHT, LOOKING FOR "MY EDWARD/JACOB", AND WILL PROBABLY CALL ANY FUTURE DAUGHTERS "BELLA". I AM A 27 YEAR OLD ADDICT...AND I AM NOT ASHAMED!

unfortunately for my family members, this year's presents were in the theme presented above. my poor, long-suffering sister received crocheted hand warmers, with crocheted red design influenced by the Eclipse book cover. of which she knew nothing about, and loved anyway.

yes, twihards! you heard right! i discovered a way to sneak twilight into everyday objects without others knowing! may the secret obsession continue....  Cheesy

anyway, here are the wristwarmers. they were surprisingly easy to make, took a couple of hours each (if this sounds a long time - i am still a n00b) i really love them, so have done another pair in black and white for a friend, and am starting some black and red for myself.

and the money shot:

apologies to any non-twilighters....actually, no: shame on you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009 06:49:53 AM »

Very nice. I'm not a twihard. Never read any of the books. (Gasp) These are very nice indeed. I like sneeking  my likes into things and am glad to see other people do it too. I keep making people octopus themed things. You should never let people make you feel bad for liking what you like. If you like Twilight, all power to you. I would totally wear those warmers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009 07:12:48 AM »

Great Job! I am a 26 year old Twilight Mom Smiley I got my husband into it too haha No Shame here! The problem now a days is people are so quick to judge. Most of the Twilight haters haven't even read the books. Reminds me of election time. If you don't vote then you don't have the right to complain when the President screws up lol. Anyways I digress. I like the arm warmers and I think it is cute you sneaked it in to your Holiday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CubanMother
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009 09:14:08 AM »

Team Edward here, not ashamed!
Very cute arm warmers.

How about taking them to the Flickr's Twilight Crafts page?
http://www.flickr.com/groups/twilight_crafts/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009 10:45:37 AM »

Wow those are really cute. I so want them. I got ragged for being a Harry Potter and Twilight fan but I see no resemblence in either of them so I am still going to like them both whether others like it or not. I made a friend of mines a ami apple to go with her book I bought her that had scenes and stuff from the making of the first movie. I'm thinking of something to make her for the new moon movie but that is awesome the arm warmers you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
purtygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009 01:03:51 PM »

I am not a Twihard, have not read the books nor seen the movies. But I think it is shameful that others have to be so hurtful about what someone like. I LOVE your wrist warmers and would definately wear them.

JenW!~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Criddy
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009 05:52:31 PM »

I can't stand Twilight (and yes I have read the book, it was extremely well written, I just don't like the way the main vampires are in it) but that being said I would totally wear these. They look fantastic, great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lindsay517
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010 12:39:26 AM »

No shame here! Almost 30, a mom and a major team Edward girl! Love the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. -Ernest Hemingway
Le Mieux
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010 06:47:07 AM »

thanks for the love, guys!  Cheesy they were so fun to make and its like subversive crochet when you manage to get a hidden meaning in there somewhere  Grin  im also very stoked that non-twilighters like them!

i do find it really strange when people instantly catergorise you when you say you like a certain thing. i teach english in france and have had a couple of students tell me as soon as i reveal i'm english, "oh, all english people are hypocrites. england's a disgusting country, so grey and cold." turns out theyve never even been there and im the only native they've met.....so obviously they're the expert  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010 07:36:31 AM »

Le Mieux, I LOVE your wrist warmers!

And I will proudly state that I'm twi-fan and adore twi-crafting! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Metallic Chevron Serving Tray
How to Make Easy Fabric Floral Brooch
DIY Painted Umbrellas
DIY: Turning Flowers Into Beautiful Works Of Art
DIY Easter Baskets with Dian Thomas
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...