A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: window Valance from Crib Bumpers  (Read 814 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoleilandZephyrsMama
« on: December 30, 2009 03:08:37 PM »

I'm hoping this is crafty enough, this is my first post on here Smiley It isn't overly crafty, compared to so many of the amazing posts here but I was pretty happy with the way it came out so, I thought I'd take a stab at posting!  I bought my daughters crib set at a consignment sale for like $20 bucks. I refused to pay an insane amount for all the extras, so I came up with a couple solutions that worked out pretty well IMO.  I wanted a valance and was only using one of the bumpers for the crib, so I ripped up the other 3 bumpers and sewed a valance together. I also needed something for the walls so I bought 3 prints off Ebay, painted the plain white mats and plain white frames (got at walmart for a total of like $12 bucks). I also painted the wood letters for her name above the window.  Anyway, now I'm working on her big girl room!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009 03:31:21 PM »

FROGS???  Mixed with purple?? Two of my favorite things EVER!  This is so cute, great job, very creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009 03:51:47 PM »

I love how calming the room came out!  I did all three of my children's nursery's with garage sale/thrift store/freecycle items...I'm with you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoleilandZephyrsMama
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009 04:03:25 PM »

BethieB. Thanks! I wanted something soft and pretty, but not typical pink (Purple is my fave too). The frogs were just too cute to pass up!

Miss Barbara, Thank you! I just couldn't see spending TONS (It's crazy!) I think I did the whole room for under $75 bucks (including the border, paint, curtains, etc.). I'm bummed that we're done with it and starting on a big girl room already! (although I did find an amazing bed for $10 bucks! at a thrift store, just needed a good painting, I found one almost identical in a catalog for almost $500!!! Suhweeet!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wanda Coven Shares Her Heidi Heckelback Series
Uggie: My Story Book Trailer
Peter Brown on Illustrating Creepy Carrots
Kurt Anderson on His Book "True Believers"
Kristen-Paige Madonia on the Inspiration for Fingerprints of You
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...