The big SIL is a crafty person, specifically an incredibly talented knitter, and I really wanted to craft her something useful with this in mind. I was REALLY tempted to make those resin needles, but having never tried ti before I didn't want to spend time on something that might go horribly wrong.
I've seen some gorgeous needlerolls on here and, after seeing Urban Threads' embroidery of a stitchy witch on a broomstick I HAD to use it.
Dafty that I am though, I bought the pattern... only to remember I didn't have any transfer paper! So I redrew it in my own little way.
Here is my attempt to do something similar in stitchery
The full roll (the top section folds down to cover the needles a bit)
Simple closure... ribbon wound around a cute button.
YAY! The needles fit! I was convinced it would turn out an inch too short or something.
All rolled up!
C+C welcome. I am always looking to improve!