A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Princess Bride Round 2 (Sendouts 3/12/10)  (Read 29403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Solarwen
« Reply #430 on: March 29, 2010 08:08:38 PM »

I'll have to take your word but it but I'm supremely jealous of the fabulous crown you received! Someday, one day I shall make myself my very own Princess Buttercup ensemble and prance around in it C:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #431 on: March 30, 2010 08:16:01 AM »

OK, for those interested in a book discussion:
1. In the introduction to the 30th anniversary edition, Goldman claims he adapted TPB from a book originally written by the great Florinese writer S. Morgenstern. Throughout the rest of the novel, Goldman sustains 2 narratives, the tale of TPB and and the story of his own involvement with it. How do Goldman's comments about Morgenstern, the publishing process, and the entertainment industry in general affect you're reading of the novel?

My thoughts: The autobiographical element allows Goldman to express his own thoughts about the fairy tale part of the story, which allows the reader hints to pick up the satire. I found it helpful, especially when i was younger. I also allows us to compare and contrast fairy tale life with real life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Whistley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #432 on: April 02, 2010 06:56:56 AM »

I don't like the way he hates people talking about Princess Bride. What does Mandy have to complain about? He has a good career and was in a role that people love him for. The whiny baby.

I had never heard this before so I did some research and couldn't find anything either way. (I adore Mandy Patinkin.) Anyway, my husbee felt bad that I was flaked on so he went and bought me a new copy (my 3rd copy Wink) of the Princess Bride. (I think it said it was the "iconic edition".) Longer story shorter, There are some new features on this one and one is an interview with some of the stars of the movie talking about their experiences- not everyone, but Mandy Patinkin was one of them. Everything he said was wonderful. It didn't sound like he hates people talking about it. He shared some neat experiences with Andre the Giant and even teared up about what an awesome experience the Princess Bride was. It made me feel better and it was fun to watch.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

« Reply #433 on: April 02, 2010 05:13:02 PM »

I wish my BF felt sorry for me getting flaked on, but he was like "oh well"  Sad  He doesn't like me swapping because it costs money.  But I think it's better than shopping ebay or etsy or amazon.  Packages are so much fun!!  Especially when you don't know what they're gonna be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeannebaby1

I'm cute and fluffy!!!

« Reply #434 on: April 02, 2010 09:57:00 PM »

Sad Don't feel bad Tygermane. He'll see it some day. You could always tell him you've just bought alot of stuff from the web sites. bet he'd put a sock in it then. Sorry you got flaked on....  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No body move!! I dropped my brain.
"Chase the morning..."-Blind Mag
"Fire bad, tree pretty."-Buffy

My Esty Shop.....
http://www.twosumowrestlers.etsy.com

My blog, I don't do much with. It's new.
http://between-asleep-and-awake.blogspot.com/
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #435 on: April 04, 2010 06:50:47 AM »

I wish my BF felt sorry for me getting flaked on, but he was like "oh well"  Sad  He doesn't like me swapping because it costs money.  But I think it's better than shopping ebay or etsy or amazon.  Packages are so much fun!!  Especially when you don't know what they're gonna be!

I agree. I sometimes get flack for swapping costs because I'm unemployed, but I explain that it's my drug of choice, and a lot less expensive than some other addictions. Plus, if you make it a goal to use stuff from stash, the only real expense is shipping. You can somewhat control that by the weight of what you send and if you limit yourself to your own country. And besides, it makes me happy!

Sorry your partner flaked, but fear not! Angel packages are almost without fail totally awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: April 04, 2010 09:36:32 AM »

Crafting is totally therapeutic! In fact it should probably be covered by the Geneva convention or something lol

Prisoners of war shall have access to a minimum of glue, popsicle sticks, and yarn. Anything less shall be deemed cruel and inhumane treatment of said POW's
 Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #437 on: April 04, 2010 12:13:02 PM »

If it is your money, it is your choice as to how to spend it....Sorry for his lack of empathy and for you being flaked on Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
irishdaydreamer

Who actually follows the instructions anyway?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: April 04, 2010 06:12:20 PM »

My family has been playing with the goodies from this swap.  Hubs and my goose are off having Dread Pirate Robert adventures with the shrieking eel. 

Right now, I am organizing a swap for the first time and have found that wearing a wonderfully made crown makes a lot of difference in your self confidence Wink  I highly recommend it!

Aww! Well, thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! And I'm glad the mask and the eel are getting used! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewing my way through school...

My Etsy shop!: http://www.etsy.com/people/aeriat?ref=si_pr
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #439 on: April 04, 2010 11:50:12 PM »

The eel keeps finding its way onto my side of the bed...I think it has an affinity for jersey sheets Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
January 2014 NewBeauty TestTube Reveal
CC Cream Reviews
The Rules to Wearing Dark Lipstick Like a Pro
The Trick to Covering Up Age Spots
The Nail Art Trend Is Over
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...