A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flat Rate Fill-a-Box: New Years 2010; signup closed sendout 1/19/10  (Read 17792 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oops Creations
« on: December 29, 2009 05:31:54 PM »

GALLERY

Swap name: Flat Rate Fill-a-Box: New Years 2010
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Oops Creations  (Wow, this is my 8th time organizing the Flat Rate Fill-a-Box)
Co-Organizer: gkswife
Sign-up date range: Tuesday 12/29/2009 -- Friday 1/8/2010.  Partners announced Saturday 1/9/2010
Date to send item by: Tuesday 1/19/2010

Limited to a certain number of people?: USA Residents only, sorry we will be using the FLAT RATE USPS boxes
Please note: I will recruit a co-organizer if this swap has more than 25 participants... Updated: Thanks to gkswife who volunteered to be co-organizer (1/5/10)

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap is all about starting the New Year's off with a (slightly) cleaner craft area by passing along some of your old stash, and getting new-to-you supplies in return!  Simply stuff a MEDIUM FLAT RATE USPS box with gently-used quality supplies.  Don't feel the need to run out and buy something as the purpose of this swap is to clean out your existing stash.

You may choose to have 2 partners for this swap, unless you are a first time swapper.  First timers may only have 1 partner.

We will be using the MEDIUM Flat Rate Box available free at all U.S Post Offices.  There are two shapes: Option 1 is the "shirt box" or Option 2 the square Box and be sure to add delivery confirmation.  

Medium flat rate boxes sent Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation costs $11.40 at your local post office.  Set up an online profile at usps.gov and print your postage online and it would only cost $10.20.  

If you want to participate, please fill out this information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Flat Rate Fill-a-Box: New Years 2010
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address (USA residents only)
Are you over 16?
Do you want to Send & Receive One Box or Two?

SWAP SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
1) What would you be including in the box (type of supplies)?
2) Are you sending anything neat or out of the ordinary? What?
3) What type of crafts do you like to do?
4) What type of supplies would you like to receive?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Partners[/u]
Box #1 First Column Sends to Second Column
Oops Creations   amymisha
pixieval           hbrady99
cat9                   chorto78
strawberryH   SlyFox
avabrowneyes   Solitaire
sibyll                   iheartzb
eaon2002           crafty-in-tally
Meshelltakeone   nostephot
nostephot           Music_queen
Street Ashes   Dragonflywer
MadGypsy           ehinders
ZOMBIEKILLA   devilxkat
hbrady99           troll1984
amymisha           nesse
motleycruiser   Meshelltakeone
tankrgrl           cat9
lurv2knit           SaccharineSunshine0 4
Pupper           sloanlaw
ehinders           SAHMama
Music_queen   ZOMBIEKILLA
Dragonflywer   avabrowneyes
crafty-in-tally   tankrgrl
chorto78           motleycruiser
Lrschic           strawberryH
imafundork           Street Ashes
angelofmusic   raeraethejetplane
raeraethejetplane   imafundork
gkswife           lurv2knit
SlyFox           MadGypsy
nesse                   pixieval
SaccharineSunshine0 4   sibyll
SAHMama           Shelanie
troll1984           gkswife
Shelanie           Oops Creations
iheartzb           Pupper
sloanlaw           Lrschic
Solitaire           angelofmusic
devilxkat           eaon2002

Box #2
Oops Creations   Pupper
cat9                   imafundork
nostephot           Oops Creations
Pupper           nostephot
Music_queen   Shelanie
Dragonflywer   SAHMama
imafundork           nesse
nesse                   Dragonflywer
SaccharineSunshine0 4   cat9
SAHMama           iheartzb
Shelanie           Solitaire
iheartzb           Music_queen
Solitaire           SaccharineSunshine0 4

>>> NOTES from the ORGANIZER <<<<
12/30-- while it is NOT posted on the US Postal Service Website, the web community reports that the price of Priority Mail services will increase on January 4th, 2010.   I will inform you as soon as I find out the new price, I can't imagine that it will be more than a few cents increase.  And remember it is cheaper to print your postage online.  Thanks.

1/1-- Happy New Year.  Please feel free to post wants/ gives in this thread.  I'll do my best to pair up people after signups end according to wishes in the thread and your responses in the survey.

1/2-- This will be a round robin style swap where you send to one person and receive from a different person.

1/5-- Happy to see that people are posting their wants and what they are sending in the thread. Remembers sign-ups go thru the end of the day THIS Friday.  And I'll spend Saturday pairing up people. Thanks to gkswife who volunteered to be co-organizer.  She'll be assisting in sending out partner info and feedback.  sign-ups still get sent just to Oops Creations though.  Thanks!

1/7-- Sign-ups end Friday evening.  PLEASE NOTE the USPS raised their prices.  
 USPS Supplied Medium Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" $10.70 (plus .70 for Delivery Confirmation when purchased at the post office. Only $10.20 when purchased online (free DC#).  I had mentioned this in sign-ups but wasn't sure on the price-- if you are unable to participate anymore because of the price PM me immediately and Ill remove you.

1/8-- It's Friday! and Sign-ups close today.

I'm going to say officially sign-ups close at 8:00 pm EST this evening so I can get started on partnering up people.   You will receive and PM from me or the co-organizer (gkswife) on Saturday mid-day (I hope!) with your partner info. You'' then have about 10 days to pack your boxes up and send them out.   Today is also the last chance for shout-outs for specific wishes in the thread today. Make your voice known-- I'll try to pair up people according to their survey AND the conversations in the thread.

----Packing Tips-----

Putting soft items in ziploc bags and then smooshing the air out of them (and then sealing) works well to cram things into boxes.  Some people even use spacebags/ foodsaver or other Vacuum-sealed bags.

Some Post Office staff frown at the over-stuffed, bowing out at the sides, held together with tape boxes when you try to take them in. Some persnickety post offices call this "altered" and won't send it. Don't pay more than the cost of the flat-rate service.  Do not pay by weight.  If they won't let you send a overpacked box, smile and then take some stuff out.  
---------------------

1/9 Sign-ups Closed.  
I'll work on partners this morning.  I'll try to do my best to pair up people, matching gives with wants, but it's not a perfect world and not everyone is giving out the specific craft item your searching for.  The old adage rings true in this swap, "one crafter's surplus supplies is another crafters great new idea."  And on the flip side, just because your partner wants a specific item, do NOT go out an buy it-- fill the box from your own surplus.  Most of all happy swapping!!!!!!

1/9  Partners posted  Send out by 1/19/10. Remember DC, please PM oops creations, gkswife and your partner when you send, please include the DC#.   Don't forget to take photos for the gallery. I know once you cram everything in there you don't want to dump it out just to take photos, so I understand if you forget--- just make sure your partner take photos when they receive their goodies.  Gallery is also a great place to post pictures of completed projects that used supplies you may receive.  Happy Swapping.

SEND/RECEIVE/FEEDBACK: How it works in this swap
I will mark-- in the gallery thread --when people have sent, when their partners have received and when they have received.  When those three conditions have been met, I will update feedback.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 06:05:28 PM by Oops Creations » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
troll1984
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009 05:41:54 PM »

Yay! I wanted to organize one back in the summer, but I moved and was pregnant, and it was crazy. Now baby is 4 months old, and most things are unpacked. I need to get sorting so I can send in what I can offer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashley's Wife, Austin and Allie's Mommy!

My Photography, My Blog, My Shop, My Wist
blacksunshine782
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009 05:47:28 PM »

Awww, well, lesson learned for me. I really wanted to participate... then i noticed that you need to have posted 15 times... and - this is my first time posting. Hi.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oops Creations
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009 05:51:08 PM »

@Blacksunshine782:  Signs-up go until Friday january 8th so there is plenty of time to increase your posts to over 15.  All you have to do is comment on several different threads.  Hope to have you aboard.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009 05:51:51 PM »

Sending in my info now! Thank you Oops Creations for organizing a round! I swear- I could do one every month.. Lol!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009 05:52:17 PM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blacksunshine782
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009 05:55:43 PM »

Oooh, thanks. I'll do my best then Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imafundork
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009 06:11:11 PM »

Sending in my info now! Thank you Oops Creations for organizing a round! I swear- I could do one every month.. Lol!

I'm the same way, pixieval!  Cheesy

I plan on joining. I need to make a list of what I have and what I want.  I think I'll start by consulting my questionnaire from the last FAB swap I participated in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
CraftyDeJa
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009 06:29:21 PM »

Wow!! Wish I could do this but just signed up for my first swap. Maybe next time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
tabooCREATIONS
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009 07:24:33 PM »

Awesome!  I was looking for another swap to participate it, and this one pops up.  Good thing,  since I clean and organized my stuff and was thinking about downsizing my stash.  One thing about crafting, you tend to collect more than create,  well at least in my case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009 07:26:07 PM »

Perfect timing! I totally need to eliminate some of my stash ASAP.

I heard at the post office today that the cost for the flat rate boxes are going to go up in January. I hope it's not too much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drink Your Way to Younger Looking Skin With Taut Collagen
How to Apply Mascara the Right Way
Celeb Beauty Bag: Ariel Winter, Skyler Samuels, Naomi Scott
Try a Fairy Inspired Beauty Look
Seventeen Reader, Jessi, Gets Transformed Into Emma Stone
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...