A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,043
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help! new knitter here!  (Read 435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 29, 2009 10:59:58 AM »

hey everyone! hope everyone had a nice holiday.  Smiley  so i just started to teach myself how to knit. i'm pretty good at crochet and thought that i needed a new challenge. so i took on knitting. i know how to do the stitches for the most part. so i went and bought a pattern book. well i'm not to good at reading the patterns yet and i'm half way through this pattern but now i'm totally stuck!  Huh i'm on row 21 of making hand warmers and i'm stuck at the gusset part. the pattern says to knit as established to 4 stitches after cable marker,( i have no idea what work as established means) place maker for gusset, kfb twice, place 2nd gusset marker. k7,p1,k8. well i only have 6 stitches after my cable marker. i have 2 markers to indicate where the cable stops and starts.and even if i increase it still wont be enough for the k7 p1 k8. its for the right side by the way. i'm so stuck. if anyone could help i would appreciate it so much! if i need to write out the whole pattern i will if it will help to understand where i'm at. thanks guys.

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009 03:28:46 PM »

'As established' means the stitch pattern that you've set up (established) by working the previous rows which sounds like a cable st. If you only have 6 sts after your cable marker, you may have it in the wrong place or be working on the other hand. You might try reversing the instructions - k8, p1, k7, place marker, kfb twice, place the other marker and work 4 sts until you get to the end of the round - and see if that works out better.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009 08:53:22 PM »

thanks for the info. i'll try that out tonight. i'm thinking that i might have on the wrong side too cause i ended it on the right side maybe it was suppose to end on the wrong side  Huh but yeah your right it does have cableing in it. it has an xoxo pattern. very cute.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...