A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: doggie pattern?  (Read 11366 times)
Tags for this thread: dog , dog_clothing  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamabunnycat
« on: March 01, 2004 01:04:20 PM »

Hello all.  I just got a beeeaaautiful puppy last week.  Shes a chihuahua and I read that they like to stay warm so I wanted to make her some sweaters and fleece shirts.  Does anyone know where I can get patterns (online?) for puppy clothing? If so, plleeease let me know!  Thank you!

ps.. here she is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyferret
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004 01:56:37 PM »

For the fleece (sewing, i assume) search E-bay. I've bought dog accesory (beds,etc.) patterns there before.

Also wanted to say that she is lovely!! super cute! Looks like she's modeling  Cool, smiling at the camera.

Good luck with your patterns.
 Grin
Katy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toast.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004 03:54:59 PM »

wow. shes a cutie alright.
i've never understood dog clothing.. do you think dogs actually want to wear clothing? my parents dogs would freak if we tried to dress them.
i'd love to see the finished product..<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamabunnycat
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004 04:15:28 PM »

well the book i read said that chihuahuas dont mind wearing them cause it keeps them warm.  and she actually lets me put them on her without a fight.  im going to try and make my own pattern but if that fails, i'll try ebay or maybe the fabric store.  ive made her little shirts out of cut up socks and puffy paint!   Cheesy  but i wanted to make her real ones... and a bed too with little pockets she can crawl into cause they looove hiding in warm places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherriesrockmysox
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004 12:30:59 AM »

I have a white boxer who is 8 months old and right at 70 pounds. She's one big mama jama.. HEH
Anyways.. I hear you about how it's hard to find doggie patterns.. extra small.. or extra large.. I'll keep my eye out for you Wink
I want to make her a fleece tech vest, with a zipper down the belly.. So it's easier to get on.. And because i don't think velcro will standa  chance with her!
This is a pattern for a doggie bootie I've had on my hardrive for a while.. This may not apply to your baby.. But maybe someone else can use it..

It's the kind that you can buy for wear in snow or rough terrain..
oH and Alexis wanted to say hi..

LOL yep her nails -are- painted Wink
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004 12:33:33 AM by cherriesrockmysox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spice
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004 06:19:55 AM »

McCall, Butterick, Simplicity, and Kwik Sew all have patterns that you can use for everything. If you watch JoAnn Fabrics web site or you get their flyer, you can often get patterns from the first three companies for .99.

Spice
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamabunnycat
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004 08:50:14 AM »

awesome.  im going to joannes today to see if they have anything extra small.  by the way Alexis is beautiful!  you painted her nails!  how cute.  my dog doesnt like to lay on her back.. supposedly that means she thinks Shes the boss.. haha.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamabunnycat
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004 09:01:36 PM »

hmm.. i just made this right now without any pattern or anything.. but it looks so cute on her!  i cant wait to get velcro and put it on so it can fasten!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dontletsstart
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004 09:09:56 PM »

Mamabunny cat: Oh that is so cute!!!  

Cherriesrockmysox: Oscar and Bubba (my boxers) thank you.  For now they will have new booties.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004 09:12:06 PM »

oh my, that is the cutest thing ever!   Cheesy

one of my friends in elementary school had one of those little "toy" dogs that you see women carrying around in purses.  he'd always try to climb down your shirt and get comfy.  I remember that he had a couple outfits that were doll sweaters with the arms cut off.  but then, he was realllllly good about getting in clothes.  you could've sworn that he enjoyed the attention he got in his little outfits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fill in Your Brows Like a Pro
How to Do Aquatic Eyes
How to Apply Bronzer
OMG With RJS: How to Apply Airbrush Makeup
Which of These Weird Beauty Remedies Would You Try?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...