A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap- Rd. 2 SENDOUT DATE HAS CHANGED!!! IT IS NOW: 1/19/10  (Read 29924 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyDeJa
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2010 06:39:21 PM »

Don't worry CraftyDeJa!  I have only finished one so far!!!!   I need to get my butt in gear!!

Thanks, this is my first swap and I don't want to disappoint my partner!! I sell custom made items but usually based on lots of conversation and double checking with the buyer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only purpose of the day job is to buy the craft supplies!! Cheesy  Seriously, I LOVE making personalized crafts. I now have a line of hand-crafted fans and notecards using the Zentangle (R) technique. I have also become a Certified Zentangle Teacher and teach other artforms and techniques.
QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2010 07:25:57 PM »

I had prepared my items, and figured I could make up the bookmarks tomorrow (Wednesday). Then I went to the thrift store today and found the. perfect. thing. for this swap!! Soooo, looks like I'll be re-working the bookmarks tomorrow, hopefully finish up and mail by Friday.

Yay!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010 07:26:57 PM by QuiltersBlock » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2010 07:31:29 PM »

I had prepared my items, and figured I could make up the bookmarks tomorrow (Wednesday). Then I went to the thrift store today and found the. perfect. thing. for this swap!! Soooo, looks like I'll be re-working the bookmarks tomorrow, hopefully finish up and mail by Friday.

Yay!

Ooooh, now I'm really intrugued! Smiley

I will send PMs to everyone, but figured I'd mention it here, too - I mailed mine tonight.  They all went on standard stamps - YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
zigg13pra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You underestimate my power

« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2010 07:50:08 PM »

Well I'm just here chillin while I wait for school to start next week.  I've got time to get these done this week.  Ahhh I'm going to miss the break.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2010 08:06:51 PM »

I regularly post to the US from Australia, and its 7-10 working days (that's what Australia Post says, and I've never had a package go missing or late Smiley)

Almost ready to post mine, hopefully by the end of the week

Kate x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2010 09:29:07 PM »

jennieingram, thanks for using the term "lovely swap mod" instead of "horrible pest".  Cheesy

Who would utter such nonsense!?!?!  Lemme at em'!  I'll take em' both together!  I'll take em' standing on one foot!

Actually, I didn't really notice, but it has been pointed out to me in the last year that I call lot's of people not so much pet-names, as random titles.  I used to call the Costume Shop Manager when I was in Grad School "Nice Lady" or "Nice Lady Anne" whenever addressing her.  I tend to call my employees at MY costume shop "My Lovely Little Shopplings"...  I think the only reason someone hasn't taken a swing at me yet is the fact that I'm so short they don't have the heart to punch a dwarf.   Tongue 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2010 09:35:38 PM »

I regularly post to the US from Australia, and its 7-10 working days (that's what Australia Post says, and I've never had a package go missing or late Smiley)

Almost ready to post mine, hopefully by the end of the week

Kate x

Thanks Kwilty!  I am hoping mine take a similar time frame to get to YOU!  The nice man at the post office seemed amused by the fact that I was mailing these odd little envelopes to such unusual places today...  Then I think my friend and I frightened him.  He asked if there was anything "Liquid, fragile, perishable, or explosive" in them...  I said "No, just bookmarks.  I don't think my partners would like exploding bookmarks."  At this point my friend jumps in with "Or liquid bookmarks.  I mean, it's an interesting concept, but I just don't think it would be a viable option.  Both exploding and liquid bookmarks would be hazardous to the books anyways."  I then replied with, "True, but if we could come up with a Acme exploding bookmark, we'd make millions.  One where the pages of your book are singed and smoking slightly, but still attached to the spine, preferably with an inconveniently placed hole in the center.  And your face is a bit sooty, but you are otherwise completely unharmed.  Yeah, that'd be great."  We then realized the guy was just staring at us all wide-eyed and frightened.  Then I asked for a book of international postcard stamps because after joining the postcard swap (round Cool, I found Postcrossing.com, and found a new love...  My husband is frightened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
camelama
« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2010 12:13:32 AM »

Yay!

1 bookmark
2 bookmarks 50%
1 bookmark 25%

I am using a new crafting thingee so I hope my partners are a wee bit forgiving. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
greenfaerie
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2010 12:28:01 AM »

3 bookmarks down!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2010 07:07:54 AM »

"No, just bookmarks.  I don't think my partners would like exploding bookmarks."

The thought of exploding bookmarks makes me giggle......and it makes me think of Fred & George, sounds just like something I would find at their store Grin

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010 07:08:27 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Kathleen Grissom Gives Some Advice to Writers
Caroline Myss Talks About Her Teachings
Laurie Abraham Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Kat, Incorrigible Book Trailer
Author Stacy Morrison Reveals Her Most Used Word
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...