A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,518
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap- Rd. 2 SENDOUT DATE HAS CHANGED!!! IT IS NOW: 1/19/10  (Read 30270 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Damara
I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful--Marilyn Monroe

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: January 23, 2010 11:01:31 PM »

That's too bad, you have some sour grapes at your PO.  I mail at least once a week May through January, and February through April it is usually daily, and all of the personel there are very friendly, and quite helpful.  We just got a new carrier, and she very pleasant, as was our last carrier.  I'm not sure, but I think there is a law or something about the posted hours of the PO since so many important things are required to have date stamps...I don't know for sure, but you should definately ask to speak with the Post Master the next time they are rude.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

"I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever"  Edward Cullen, Eclipse

www.wists.com/damara
sushiluvzombie
« Reply #431 on: January 23, 2010 11:42:59 PM »

there are two POs both about a mile away from me, and one is a big PO, but the people there just seem like they don't care and hate their jobs more than anything, and the other PO is tiiiiiiiini tiny, usually only one person working, but even if there's a line, i still go to that one cause the ladies there are just so friendly! they don't look at me like i'm stupid when i ask stupid questions lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2010 01:25:33 AM »

i live in a town of 400 people so our po is super tiny and we only have one lady who works there so its always the same person when I go in, and thankfully she is awesome and patient with me when I come in with all my boxes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenfaerie
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2010 08:17:07 PM »

There is a post office close to my job (I work there somewhat seasonally) that has the nicest people there.  Sadly, it's surrounded by the worst traffic lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2010 08:47:57 PM »

i live in a town of 400 people so our po is super tiny and we only have one lady who works there so its always the same person when I go in, and thankfully she is awesome and patient with me when I come in with all my boxes!

I live in a town of 600 so I feel your pain! About the tiny P.O. that is. I have only gone to my own town's P.O. once for a swap and the lady was so grouchy I didn't go back again. I normally go to the P.O. in the town I went to school in because it is closer, the people are nicer, and I have always considered myself a resident of that town since my town barely exists!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: January 24, 2010 08:54:01 PM »

I normally go to the P.O. in the town I went to school in because it is closer, the people are nicer, and I have always considered myself a resident of that town since my town barely exists!

Haha - that's how I grew up, too!  My town had 2,000 people and no one in WA state knew where it was!  Basically, you had to live in a bordering city or town to know where Algona was.  So I always said I was from the town I went to school in, too.  Then they built a huge outlet mall just outside our city limits (village limits?) so I'd just say I was from the Supermall! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
zigg13pra
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You underestimate my power

« Reply #436 on: January 26, 2010 06:58:46 PM »

So I go check my mail today (I don't go very often) and I have received 2 that I will post pics of soon, but I also got back 3 of the bookmarks I sent, and all the postcards I sent (on the same day) for the postcard swap I'm in Sad Everything was totally messed up. Sad SO I'm redoing, and should have them out in a day or two, I'm just going to resend all four since there is no telling if the forth one got through ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2010 10:07:21 PM »

I normally go to the P.O. in the town I went to school in because it is closer, the people are nicer, and I have always considered myself a resident of that town since my town barely exists!
Haha - that's how I grew up, too!  My town had 2,000 people and no one in WA state knew where it was!  Basically, you had to live in a bordering city or town to know where Algona was.  So I always said I was from the town I went to school in, too.  Then they built a huge outlet mall just outside our city limits (village limits?) so I'd just say I was from the Supermall! Cheesy
That is my town to a T except for the mall part. I have to travel an hour to get to the nearest mall. Ah well, I shouldn't be in Maine for too much longer(I hope).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: February 01, 2010 12:25:46 PM »

Hey all you bookmark geniuses!  Be sure to stop by and vote in the Valentine's Matchbox Papercrafting Challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336200.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

« Reply #439 on: February 01, 2010 11:01:19 PM »

Ok, my resends have been resent.  Hope they get there safely this time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 9/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 6/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 8/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 4/12
How to Loom Knit a Holiday Stocking Part 7/12
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...