A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spring Cleaning!  (Read 2411 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rickrackruby
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2005 12:48:14 PM »

Hey Arizona Craftsters - I have big plans to de-clutter my house.  I need some encouragement.  I've lived in this house for nine years.  I have WAY too much stuff.  It's just a matter of taking time away from sewing to actually do it.  Who is with me?  Any suggestions?  Maybe we can even post some before and after photos.  Let's go!

LK
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005 12:50:35 PM »

aww, i don't think i have before pics, but i have after...i'll post when i get home Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005 06:18:50 PM »

OMG!!!  How crazy?  I just started that on Saturday and I feel like it is never going to end.  ARGH!  I'll try and catch some before pictures but I may to be too embarassed to post em.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chindogu

"you don't need to see my identification."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005 09:50:57 PM »

i recently started this too!  wow, "spring cleaning" must be some real instinct we women have! (or humans in general?)

so far i've gone through both mine and my daughter's clothes for things to be donated.  unfortunately there were some things that i couldn't bear to part with them so i put them in storage.  i'm so weak.  Sad

my big hope right now is to get my daughter's room "put together".  her dresser is literally falling apart, and the only other "furniture" she has is a toy box/bookshelf. (and her bed of course)  her room is an absolute wreck, and there's so many toys she no longer plays with.  or even if she would, she can't find them.  Embarrassed

so that is my first order of business.  i also have a storage space full of junk that i need to go through!  i'd better get crackin' on that before it gets too hot to deal with it.

i'm with ya, laura!  (and all you other cluttered craftsters!)  let's keep each other posted, i'm sure it will be inspiring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"why should we buy postage stamps?!  we can make our own!"
rickrackruby
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005 05:51:54 AM »

You have a storage space?  Ooooooh you are so lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005 06:05:19 AM »

Whewwwww let me tell ya 'sist'as!'
i have been cleaning too!! wow, problem is i have a 3 year-old who as soon as i get something done, he has created something else for me to clean!! hehe

I finally had a good idea for the de-clutter!!...
i told my 10 year old, we will put it all in the rummage, you help me with the rummage sale and we will take all the money we earn and go somewhere, six flags, holiday world, somewhere for a weekend!!
she is now de-cluttering!! that helps!!

i always make a rummage sale money goal, that helps to de-clutter, and inspires her to help me on the rummage sale day!!

we have bought everything from  just supper out (for those dud rummage sales!) and we have actually bought family pools with rummage sale money!! it really motivates me and also the kids!!
and you dont have to keep track of all the diffrent money'ies!

darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005 07:45:00 AM »

I too am a packrat so I take EVERYTHING out of the closets and force myself to live with it as I clean.  This seems to inspire me to toss more stuff.  I figure if I can't live with it, it has to go.  It really works for me but for three days my house is impossible to live with. 

In fact, I have already made four,yes FOUR trips to drop off donations.  I will NOT be cleaning my craft stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cafeywalsh
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005 10:37:26 AM »

If I had time to prepare for a garage sale I would definitely do one, but I've never had time in 9 years that I've been here in AZ so I just tend to drop it off to charity for the tax deduction.

Also on larger items or items that I don't want to transport (like futons, sofas or vacuum cleaners) you can post them on freecycle.org and set up a time for someone to be able to pick it up. There is a lot of email when you post an offer though.

booglass--I like the idea of taking everything out of the closet and not putting anything back that I don't use-- I looked in my closet and I only wear items in 24" of the 72" of my closet. What a waste of space, huh? I guess it's also a waste of time for me to look at that every morning considering what I should wear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neverendingjourney
I have gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please tell me to wait. Thank you!

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005 11:21:39 AM »

oooooooooo thanks for the link to freecycle.org
im gonna check that out!!
i have a car and a couch im going to be contacting them!!
thanks for that lead!
darla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day & may their arms be too short to scratch
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005 11:24:06 AM »

I wish I could have a garage sale but I think I'd just use the money to buy more junk!  What a vicious cycle.  But I would love the money for yarn.........and I could make some good bucks too.  Oh well.  I'll be satisfied with what I hope will oodles of good karma for donating everything.  Come on karma........... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back To School: 4 Hot Looks For the Fall Semester
The Hottest Celebrities on the Red Carpet
Recommended Clothes for a Beach Holiday
Alexa Chung and Kate Middleton Wear Many Shades of Blue
The Most Affordable Summer Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...