A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
782 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 298604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4200 on: October 27, 2010 11:09:48 AM »

I love those babies, I agree the face is what appeals to me also. How tall are they?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #4201 on: October 27, 2010 11:18:47 AM »

I think they are about 8".  I will measure when I get home. I made one for my third child who is in middle school. That is why this craftalong is so awesome. It is helping me get things done.  Finally!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4202 on: October 27, 2010 02:09:31 PM »

Well, I am finally starting to make a little progress. I got a few of my projects at least started (but of course, not finished.) I dyed the curtains for Maddy's room, just need to sew some trim on them and they should be good to hang. I got the makings for trying my hand at melt and pour soap and hope to do that this weekend. I started cutting the squares for a quilt for the guest bedroom and hope to at least start piecing those together this weekend too. And I'm almost done with my wedding scrapbook. I went to a scrapbooking weekend a couple of weeks ago with my SILs and was able to get most of it done. I just need to do a few more pages. I am so relieved to have that finally (almost) done!! Smiley Hopefully, I should be able to post pics of some of these next week.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4203 on: October 27, 2010 06:12:01 PM »

I really love those dolls, especially with thier outfits. There's no kids around right now, except for those of us who are regressing!
  As for me, I have a few projects in mind. One is this: I am going to blow this up to adult size. I think I'll first try scanning the shoulder areas of the patterns at 150%. That should get me close, without losing too much proportion. Then, we adjust it.
The purple wool Always sent me may become this cape. If not , a coat?
  I need to decide soon, the season is starting to change; we even get chilly here in Arizona!
Here's the pattern scan...  This is from 1970

Is anyone interested in a pattern grading tute? I mean MASSIVE re-grading?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010 06:13:38 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4204 on: October 28, 2010 06:19:44 AM »

I had a cape like that when I was a child---I loved it!!!  What an ambitious project, KLKing!!  You are always doing the neatest things, though...and I love how you modernize retro items...I found some fabulous modern "Hawaiin" type fabric that I want to use the pattern that you sent to me...I just love old pattens and wish I had kept more of mine...

I don't think you will have enough of that wool to make a cape...I think you need nearly six yards... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #4205 on: October 28, 2010 07:00:16 AM »

KL, Always,  I was giggling over that pattern!  I am sure my sister made me the dress from that when it was 'new'! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4206 on: October 28, 2010 10:52:01 AM »

That is so funny! WaggonsWest,I definitely remember these clothes! But, they are great styles, even for an adult. What I like about that cape is the seaming, and the openings for your hands. It doesn't appear bulky.  and Always, We'll find out soon how much fabric it takes. I'll be cutting it out in a muslin first, to see what kind of changes needs to be made, and yardage. If not, then the purple will be saved for something better!
  I'd love to see a scan of that Hawaiian fabric you found!
I just made a score of Vintage patterns. Some don't even have dates on them. There is one little girl's dress from 1948. The rest are mid 50's to early 70's. Mostly 23 bust. That's a lot of pattern grading when you wear a 44 bust!
(Except I like things that are cozy and easy to layer)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010 10:55:28 AM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4207 on: October 28, 2010 12:14:21 PM »

You know, a lined, well-made cape is so elegant and practical...I saw Queen Elizabeth wearing one years ago and it was simply stunning...her little white gloves sticking out of the slits with her pocketbook was a memory that stuck with me (the cape was powder blue...*sigh*)...I have lots of pics to take for so many threads...hope I have time after the big wedding Saturday (my best friend's son is getting married finally!) Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4208 on: October 28, 2010 01:37:44 PM »

Have fun at the wedding!
 I think If I make the cape mid-length I might have enough fabric. I'm in the middle of blowing up the pattern. Won't cut it till I'm sure. Also, Michael's has a yarn sale going on now. I was tempted to buy purple variegated yarn, but forgot to take a fabric swatch. I'm thinking of a matching accessory or two. But I get a little color snip!
  I saw Queen Elizabeth too, when I was about 14. My Grandfather was a lost officer of the RCAF.( Royal Canadian Airforce)Grandma had tickets for a special "invitation only" public appearance; in Los Angeles. It was an event for widows of lost RCAF Vets. I actually shook her hand! Seems like she WAS wearing powder blue, but I can't remember the style.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010 01:39:27 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #4209 on: October 28, 2010 04:50:24 PM »

Im so terribly behind on my list again.....but until I sort out whats finished and whats not, I have these two pictures to share.

I saw a question about how to make these out of solder, and frankly that scares me so I tried from clay...

I may be making more of these if I can get more glow in the dark beads. Im not sure if Im putting them on my wall or on my ceiling yet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Hair Highlighting Tips
Highlighting your Hair
How to Make Emo Style Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...