A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 299045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soorawn
« Reply #4110 on: September 26, 2010 11:06:44 AM »

I like that crochet hooks roll! Pretty and practical!
It's been an interesting week craft-wise...  I went to a Craft'er'night on Wednesday and learnt a new craft: making bangles with felt.  I made a bangle and a ring!  I got more fiber, so I'll try again.

Then I went to the Creative Stitches and Hobbycrafts show on Saturday.  I wanted to "travel" light so at last I made a very light handbag on Friday, one that carries all my essentials without falling apart and is designed to spend most of the time in my big tote (lunch bag and project bag to follow and complete the set).

It does the job very well and is comfy to use.  Then at the show, which was great, I... spent a lot of money.  One bit was a fabulous book to make lovely dolls, I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.  So there's another thing in my list.  And I also took a workshop to learn the devor technique, it was fun!  That's two new crafts learnt this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4111 on: September 26, 2010 11:52:03 PM »

Deeder - a dish and a spoon? What a great idea for toys!  We love that nursery rhyme.  They are adorable and now I'll be thinking about non-living items in a whole new way, picturing them as stuffies, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: September 27, 2010 09:59:27 AM »

impressed with everyone's projects.Been out of the loop since last year.But started on 1st of2 piano scarves.Have to take it easy crafting,Ihave a tooth that's giving me fits.And my right ankle keeps swelling up.So it's hard to do craftswhen you cam't concentrate or stand for any amount of time  Sad.I have no idea what # total this will make me?But I'm slowely getting back into crafts.Hope everyone gets through with all their projects without too much trouble. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4113 on: September 27, 2010 11:04:56 AM »

I like that needle roll, I never thought of using my KK loom for that purpose. Grin Now I know.

Lets see, I have been busy and don't feel like pulling up my list Undecided or looking back 50 pages for it, but I have gotten things done- I know that. I left off at 21/50 for this year. This is what I have done this past month, So Far....

Crocheted fingerless gloves in red (red Heart) and dark gray buttons.

A pink and brown needle/pencil roll.

A canvas tote for the birthday swap inspired by this post. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270081.10

Lining with organization pockets/zippered pocket. Clickable. Wink

And of course I have been babysitting my Pumpkins. Kiss Here's a little time-lapse bunch of photos. I'm so proud since this will be my first time growing anything this big. Cheesy  They are all clickable since I didn't want to barrage this post with pictures of pumpkin leaves. I started them in late July.. and the last picture is from this morning.

I also make some non-pierced glass sushi earrings for the birthday swap and some more resin pieces for another swap. I can post pictures later since my batteries died taking all those pictures of pumpkins.

So if I count my pumpkins as 1 then I'm up to 27/50, hooray! Weather is getting cooler so I'll be more inclined to yank out my yarn. I have 5 projects all waiting to be finished and that will help my get my 50 done by this years end. I feel accomplished, but not finished. Tongue I'm never this happy when I'm not crafting things with my own 2 hands. <3 ~V
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4114 on: September 27, 2010 04:19:18 PM »

So many cool projects!  Count the pumpkins!!!

One more for me. 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360632.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4115 on: September 27, 2010 08:30:23 PM »

I think I know why quilting can get addictive... I just haven't been making quilts lately. After a trip to one of the largest Joanne's in the world today,
I so badly wanted to buy up all kinds of quilting stuff, including some monstrous machine/ stretcher/rollup-your fabric -table. I think having one of those would require a serious quilting committment! But it sure looks like fun!
  The only things I allowed myself to buy were: some bridal Illusion Tulle, for my friend's veil, 2 zippers, and a brand new pair of shears. Even with a 50% of coupon, I could not let myself splurge for the 44.95 Gingher 10" steel scissors. I ended up with a 30.00 pair of 9" fiskars. At half price!!!
  The good thing is, since the other pair I have like it are still the sharpest of the six pairs I own, I went for  a second. I guess I'll just have to get over hating plastic handles. But I Love that Razor sharp edge!
  All that gloating over new scissors to say this: Now I can get my friend's dress cut in her silk! Plus, a couple of air dancer balloons that the fabric came for today.
  Ok! Since It's only fair to put up a pic once in a while: Here's what I mean by a balloon:
This guy stands up to about 20 feet tall . He's in one of many poses here!

This guy is called  a "cool-dude", it's my "signature" face. He only uses  one fan, and is about 18 feet tall.
This is why I have so much rip-stop nylon scraps coming out of my ears!

Don't worry Craftster Police... This is a commercial item, for businesses.
But, it still is a "cottage" product!
  I have 2 of these to get to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4116 on: September 28, 2010 05:59:49 AM »

Your nylon men are so funny!  Judging by the wonderful windsock you sent to me, the quality is excellent and your designs are fabulous!

Can't wait to see the dress you are making...sounds like you did a great job of restraining yourself at the Joanne's! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #4117 on: September 28, 2010 06:01:22 AM »

I love your dancing balloons.  It always makes me smile when I see things like that around town. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4118 on: September 28, 2010 09:36:01 AM »

Oh, Thanks! The two-legged guy isn't my design.
  But the "cool-Dude" face with sunglasses is a design we extracted from a more complex logo. Nobody else has it.
  I did create one that is totally my own, a complicated Uncle Sam design.
My friend now has it, the same person I'm making the dress for.
  As for restraining myself at Joanne's, it was hard! I don't get to those stores much, especially since the one near me closed last year.
  Besides, I have a new pair of Progressive glasses to pay for~!
Always, I'm glad you are enjoying the windsock.
  If anyone wants a peek at some of my other pictures, they are here:
www.myspace.com/klkingfab
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: September 28, 2010 09:25:45 PM »

Hi everyone  Cheesy.I'm back and finally getting back into the swing of things.I've been working on the first of 2 piano scarves.And I finished the first of my bookmarks (my take on one here on Craftster).But I have to do only a little at a time.I had to go to the dentist today,and I don't have 1 infected tooth.I have 3 and they have to be removed all next Monday.So I have to work a little at a time cause of the meds he has me on.So maybe after all thedental work is done I'll rev up the crafting and get busy for christmas gifts. Grin.Hope everyone is doing good on their projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chandelier Casts Tree Shadows on Wall
Hudson Yards Exhibition Space Design
How to Decorate Outdoor Rooms
How to Set Up Your Patio For Spring
Kobi Levi Creates Violin Shoes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...