A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
796 Guests and 46 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 298415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #4010 on: August 27, 2010 06:26:14 AM »

Speaking of fall/Halloween, I kind of want to make a halloween wreath.  I received a christmas one last year that had a metal frame and then little scraps of christmas fabric tied all around it to make a raggy sort of wreath.  Does any one know where to get a wreath like that?  I should explain, its not flat, it was sort of cage like.  It's like the white round foam wreaths, but wire (Yea... hope that makes sense)

Short list
-Post the projects I've done in July/August
-Finish the tardis Door
-Mia's Peter Pan quilt
-Grace's Pokemon costume for anime convention
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4011 on: August 27, 2010 07:38:28 AM »

They should have those wreath forms in the same area as the foam ones and other floral supplies at your local craft store.  If not, check with a florist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
anna.wahnsinn

« Reply #4012 on: August 29, 2010 05:01:57 AM »

I haven't posted for ages, but I did get some more stuff finished (including my very first swap, Bead Soup 4!) and a little beading, but that is just more of the same, really.

I think I will trim down the list to things that I really want to finish this year and tackle the rest next year...
I am only at 27 right now...

in progress/urgent (read: to be finished this year)
done

1. earrings (made 12 pair on Jan 1)

2. baby ball (puzzle ball) my first try!

3. hooded blanket for nephew (the amy butler little stitches pattern)
4. baby blanket with name (requested)
5. baby Blocks
6. Sackboy (from sweater?)
7. baby pillow with Marvin
8. iron-on XKCD Onesie & wild things shirt
9. taggie blanket for friend's daughter: very wonky, but I love the colours, plus the friend and her baby seemed to like it just fine (the little one made several efforts to eat it right away)
10. Marvin/HG2G towel for DH
11. necklace set purple
12. necklace, earrings & bracelet black & teal / green and teal - beads from Creativa craft fair
13. zipper pouch for my maid of honour (like mine from last year... only this time i followed a tutorial!)
14. earrings black rose w/ crystal rondel (got the rondels...)
15. earrings aqua w/ rondel
16. necklace pink & black & purple with bracelet & earrings ( found the lost earring). I love this!
17. with the rest of those beads: brown & cream bracelet & earrings (With the single one. I need to tidy my stuff!)
18. butterfly bracelet (Ju)
19. simple, plain, black necklace (Ma)
20. Beading: use Goldfluss blau
21. Beading: use mother of pearl
22. Fimo cane Baseball (Sa)
23. Fimo cane Marvin (DH/self)
24. crochet potholders: more cream, orange & green (footie colours) w/ buttonhole-hangers (no loops)
25. crochet potholders Baseball (Sa)
26. crochet Marvin (detachable arm!)
27. butterfly necklace teal/gold (new design)
28. PJs - iron on transfers on oldish PJ tops: XKCD & nichtlustig.de
29. PJs - Werder Bremen
30. black oversize T-shirt to skirt for summer - for next summer, then...
31. black oversize T-shirt to dress for summer - for next summer, then...
32. needlebook / embroidery kit
33. UFO recycle ugly handbag (lining/closure!)
34. bed caddy for iPod (2) I made two already, but they are too slim...
35. reading pillow (DH)
36. reading pillow (me)
37. Van Gogh cross stitch
38. earstuds with buttons "sewn on"
39. UFO - zipper bag with button flowers (have the stuff already laid aside for over a year now)
40. red felt bag for friend (Fl)
41. leather organizer
42. leather bookcover
43. leather handbag or wallet (let's see how the other 2 turn out first)
44. knitted legwarmers did one on a loom thing, but turned out ugly. sold the loom thing to a friend and can't knit without it, so I'm giving up on this
45. UFO - finish scarf and hat in purple
46. UFO - finish scarf and hat in grey
47. UFO - beaded (cross) stitch Mn's Klint
48. cross stitch for MIL (Van Gogh Caf)
49. embroider flowers/vines on cream pullover (take in side seams first!)
50. necklace kit for DH (I'll do the start & finish, he will do the actual beading - and I'll be the one wearing it!)
51. crocheted potholders blue w/ buttonhole-hangers (no loops) requested
52. painted poem for coworker P - might be doing one for myself, but with different colours and a different poem
53. blue set necklace & bracelet for coworker
54. Celtic knot necklace for same coworker - waiting for picture, didn't think to take one myself...
55. was UFO from 2009: crocheted potholders cream/light green
56. purple jersey summer dress
57. veeery chunky bracelet right after I came home from Creativa in March with weird oilslickish spots on flat black beads
58. more chunky jewelry in teal
59. my favourite this year so far: a very simple slim beaded necklace - 20g of delicas in ab petrol/teal/aqua
60. dandelion top (don't know which kind yet, might try bleach painting)
61. beach tote or probably match sack for a friend (not that we'll ever get to any beaches together, but we go to the local swimming (pools?)); probably red
62. counting bracelets for swimming with said friend (1 for me, 1 for her)

63. to get started on stencilling (for dandelion top!) I tried butterflies first...

64. Hello Kitty jewelry for swap - made a bracelet for myself, too, and later the pink one without kitties for a coworker I like the purple version with less stuff on it better, actually.
&

65. requested: cover-up panel for lucky bamboo glass. reversible, and I used elastic because I had to guess the measurements

66. make too long, slim black pants/slacks into capri pants (to wear for cycling to work) & maybe do the same with too short purple ones...

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010 05:14:19 AM by anna.wahnsinn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
waggonswest

« Reply #4013 on: August 29, 2010 06:37:00 AM »

33/50   I know there are over seventy things on my list now, but the goal was to do fifty projectsn not necessarily the fifty on the list right?  I've tried to go through my list with a more realistic eye.  I've scratched off the things that are too late, not possible or I am just not interested in doing.  (I kept a few on that I really need to do even though I don't want to do them.) 

Crafty projects for 2010
1.    Make 3 dozen chickens for Easter Breakfast  (20 22 ALL finished!)

2.     6 chicken pillows (5 finished) Smiley

3.   Valentine garland Smiley

4.   Make wreaths for front doors
5.   Make center pieces for trivia night tables This is done, but all I did was donate the wire photo holders I made a couple years ago so I don't really think I can count it.
6.   Design reunion website  This is definitely not going to happen this year.
7.   Easter/spring garland  --- still have the valentines one hanging up... fortunately it has blue and green as well as pink
8.   Make quilted coasters/pot holders for Spring tea --- These are going to be wrapped plants instead of quilted thingies....  Attendance is higher than expected so we had to simplify.  I'm not sure if I should count this or not.  It is still crafty, just not as ambitious.
9.   Sew Spring covers for porch furniture

10.   Make new shirt pants for boy blacksmiths renfaire costume Worked with him to get it done.
11.   Sew new Fourth of July covers for porch furniture
        2  chair pads   Undecided, 2 pillow covers, 1 tablecloth
12.   Make fourth of july throw to match  I'm going to count my gramma runner for this since it is red, white and blue and serves the purpose. 
13.   Make fourth of July coasters
14.   Do something to refresh holiday tree updated for patriotic holidays.  Must really fix before Fall.
15.   Learn how to fold and cut paper 5 point stars   ;DYay!  This one was easy.
16.   Make Uncle Sam decoration
17.   Fourth of July scavenger hunt
18.   Recover deck furniture   3 chairs down. 3 to go 4/28 5 done.  One cushion missing.
19.   Finish crocheting office rug  -- progress.  A few more rounds but I need to 'make' more yarn zzzz
20.   Finish soup kitchen patio  -- boy blacksmith collected the pavers, but wants to rent a bobcat!
21.   Sort boxes of craft supplies and figure out how to trade or sell the stuff I havent used in two moves  I am making progress on this, but it is difficult to give away stuff I haven't used in mmmphfty years on the off chance that I might really need it in the future. making progress
22.   Organize fabric so I can find what I want when I want it  The fabric is organized.  I just need to find a good storage solution so I can get it out of the middle of the room.
23.   Find and finish give away! Victorian ornaments
24.   Finish brothers quilt (center part is done. Yay!)  at the quilter 4/28
25.   Make quilt for moms 80th birthday This turned out to be a table runner made from the leftover blocks from the circle quilt.  I gave it to her without even taking a picture. 
26.   Make wedding quilt done 4/29
27.   Make pillow covers for living room
28.   Make amish red and black quilt
29.   Finish Iris quilt  sheesh.  I have to FIND it first!!!
30.   Finish globe quilt  --making progress.  I just have to do the binding
31.   Finish quilting chicken panel
32.   Finish quilting dollhouse quilt
33.   Make something to get the circle quilt idea out of my head without buying new fabric -- top finished.
34.   Make black and white dress
35.   Make outdoor dance floor  I probably need to cross this off, but I'm not ready to give up yet.
36.   Design road rally scavenger hunt party
37.   Sew something for friend
38.   Finish steam punk jacket redo
39.   Finish skirt recon
40.   Find and recon deck bar cupboard
41.   Recon and hang sewing cabinet  This has been confiscated for computer equipment so I'm taking it off my list.
42.   Sunpaint tablecloth
43.   Figure out how to make reusable paper towels
44.   Redecorate bedroom (yeah sure!)  *uncle!
45.   Make divider door wall for basement bedroom
46.   Finish crochet shawl
47.   Finish random crochet black shawl/blanket thingy
48.   Make an apron  Found one of my gramma's. 
49.   Sunpaint a shirt I actually love to wear at shows
50.   Find an outlet to sell our sunpaint stuff
51.   Plant live grass for Easter decorations
52.   Fix polymer clay Faeries
53.   Replace/refurbish/add to mirror chains in fairy tree -- try adding glass jar vases!
54.   Make dress form so I can start making clothes that fit!
55.   Quilt as you go table runner.... using up the scraps from the chickens. 4/5
56.   Baby Quilt for new baby 4/14  Cut out fabric for second identical one and need to stitch it together. 
57.  Block in box quilt using scraps from wedding quilt -- ready to go to quilter

58.   Baby quilt/table runner using scraps from block in box quilt that used scraps from wedding quilt. 4/23
55.   Quilt made using Mary Engelbreidt fabric I couldn't resist buying and practicing making triangle blocks.  3/25  ready to go to quilter, but I'm thinking about machine quilting it myself.
56.   Mini quilt using scraps from ME quilt to practice machine quilting.  Still needs a binding.
57.   Mini robot pieced section (1" squares because it wanted to be made and i had a tiny piece of grey fabric but now it needs the rest of the quilt so I am searching for the right fabric to make it work.)
58.   Finished the binding and hanging sleeve on family memory quilt. 4/29
59.  Make Lake Quilt for MIL.  She picked out the photos and bought the first round of fabric.  EEEP.
60.  Make martini quilt for DH. 
61.  Make blanket/quilt for boy blacksmith... cause he asked so nicely.  Fabric is purchased, washed ironed and I am ready to start making the accent blocks. 
62. Make tablecloths for long tables at church.... this was a collaboration in that I was able to talk some one else into hemming them after I washed and cut them.  So this probably doesn't count.
63.  Sew two pillow cases.
64.  Make baby quilt for friends grandbaby 
65.  finish son's quilt from a LONG time ago 
66. Embroidered necktie
67.  Embroidered shirt that is wearable.
68. Make free-standing lace mini hat. 
69.  Embroider towels... learn and then do!
70.  Practice machine quilting on the orange and green quilt.
71. Made a Dolly... and his little dog too.   

New things on the list to do...

All of these are well in process and should be doable in short order

72.  quilt and bind mauve/teal gramma runner for sis
73.  Make 'modern' quilt/runner for cousin who gave me a box of great aunt's fabric
74.  Practice machine quilt -- umbrella fabric.
75.  Assemble Ohio/Michigan star blocks
76.  Finish half square triangle quilt quilt-club project.

Right now I am procrastinating.  I'm in charge of a race/festival and should be panicking over that, but it seems much more important to count my projects up.  In reality, I won't get much done for the next couple weeks.  Keep your fingers crossed for us and hope the mud dries, the river drops and the sun shines just enough (not to mention the vendors show, the bands aren't terrible, people come and the racers all complete the route safely).  It is too much to hope that we actually raise money in the process. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

25/12,  14/13
4/14
lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: August 29, 2010 03:53:54 PM »

aww - waggons - ul be fine, don't worry! Hope it all goes OK for you!!

I think now you've chopped ur list down to what u actually wanna (or have to lol!) do, it shouldn't seem so scary!!

well - I've been on a TOTAL mission today, and have crossed off... 6 THINGS!!!

Purple is DONE!!
Red is WIP
Let's not discuss the black ones at this time... lol!!!

1) Do crafty corner Done - Still in a 'creative mess!'
2) Do a swear-y cross stitch like this
3) Try out making an altered book/scrapbook
4) Record bowls
5) Make some little zipper purses.Yay!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358084.msg4193563#msg4193563

6) Magazine Bin
7) Ribbon covered pens
8 Fabric bowls
9) Try out etching glass
10) Make my own knickers DONE!!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=358086.msg4193573#msg4193573

11) A monster phone cozy
12) Finish my housemate's granny square blankie
13) Finish my first pair of knitted socks - I've got second sock-itis

14) A new pincushion DONE
15) Learn how to weave - maybe make something - lets see how I do...
16) Make a t-shirt rug - scraps are waiting!
17) Find and customise some shelves for my new crafty corner
18) Try out making some hair bows - DONE!! I didn't do a post, just for these, as I've done a few more for pressies - will post when they're given
19) Customise some pen holders for me DONE!!
20) Make some fabric boxes
21) Try to crochet a new doormat from the piles of bags for life I have
22) Make something with some cassette tape I hoarded rescued from the bin.
23) Make a new lightshade for my room
24) Try out melted beads/army men bowls that I've seen on here
25) Make a board game box. DONE
26) Do something creative with scrabble pieces...
27) Sweater boots
28) Make myself a new bag - lining sewn up, but now I have an issue...
29) Make an amigurumi monster
30) Make more Amigurumi happy poo's 'Changed' to this - done!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357275.msg4184769#msg4184769
31) Finally make something from the amigurumi book that I've had for yonks - Done! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355462.0
32) What is naalbinding?? Work it out, and have a go (deliberately open-ended!! )
33) Make some singed flowers
34) Make glow jars for my room
35) Make a carrier bag holder DONE! Also got scraps and quilt bags done, and scraps bag half filled after today lol! Pic here - no post, cos they're a bit scraggy lol! Think I need a bit more machine applique practice!
36) Make a rosary for my housemate (or a mini one for the car)
37) Try to make my own labels WOOHOO!! WOOHOO!! DONE!! Super super chuffed!!
38) Master newspaper gift bags
39) Crochet a christmas stocking
40) Make a 'embarrassing girly things' bag for my bag - fed up of pulling out what I think is a pen for someone!! 
41) Do the same as 40 for my housemate, except in crochet hook roll form. Done and done!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357276.msg4184787#msg4184787

42) Try out making my own jiffy bags
43) make some coffee filter roses
44) Make a cig & lighter cosy/holder
45) make my own home made face scrub - maybe christmas pressies if it works out
46) Try out making my own lip balm
47) Skittles vodka
48) Make some fingerless gloves for me!!
49) Try to make these fantab Origami stars I'm seeing everywhere - got some nail varnish, and going to make them into earrings!
50) Pressie for pregnant co-worker Done!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355995.0

So, I have an issue with my bag - I STUPIDLY thought there was only 1 sort of interfacing - the iron on stuff. Turns out there's not - there's the stuff that doesn't iron on! So, my question to you clever people is what the 'eck can I do with 2 metre's of the non-iron on stuff? I'm going to get some iron on stuff to finish my bag - I was gutted, was on such a roll today!! Look how sad it looks unfinished!!  Cry

14 done!! Yay (Not sure I'll make 50, but I'm having fun trying!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4015 on: August 29, 2010 08:51:01 PM »

Short lists for September? That's easy! I think it will be time for me to work on the windows in the front room. The fabric is partly cut. It's just simple valances, and sheers. But, getting them done will really cozy up the place in a big way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet

« Reply #4016 on: August 29, 2010 09:14:59 PM »

September Short list
1.20 coffee wallets
2.20 java jackets
3.20 thank you books
4.20 scented bath salt packs
5.15 thanksgiving cards
6.2 birthday cards
7.1 anniversary card
8.10 placemats
9.9 more halloween swap items
10.halloween costumes
11.bona fide
12.stuff for buy nothing swap
13.15 black scrubbies
14.wood burned rulers

probably more I need to do, but for now this is the list.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010 09:57:41 PM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
soorawn
« Reply #4017 on: August 30, 2010 01:20:51 AM »

lozzieozzie, just use that stuff as usual.  Non-iron interface is just as good, only you have to sew it instead of ironing it on.
I am crafting something interesting this weekend, but it's for a swap so it'll take a little while before I can show it.  But since it's been a long while since I posted my updated list, here it goes:

Finished projects in bold:

1. Finish a dress for a friend
2. A gym bag for my significant one. 
3. Pajama pants.
4. Pajama top.

5. Red velvet top.
6. Cream velvet top.
7. Suit - WIP. Skirt done and counted. 
8. Coat.  I want one of those lovely things with wide skirts and fitted at the waist.  But this'll probably be one of my last projects, since I have a fairly new coat already...
9. Trousers.  Two pairs at least along the year.
10. Cross-stitch a bookmark and laminate it.
11. Roomy/pretty bag for work.
12. Finish tute for my website.  It's a very detailed one... when I finish this, I'll explain better.  WIP.
13. Finish red dress -WIP.  This is a lovely long silk dress I wanted for a dance.  I fell ill and couldn't finish it or go to the dance, and it's been hanging there in my wardrobe for ages, lacking lining and sleeves.  I think it's time to finish it!
14. Summer blouse -got the most interesting pintucked fabric for it!
15. Try making some undies.  I see a pattern here... it looks like everybody wants to try this
16. Shorts for sleeping.
17. Corset.  Totally new at this.  One day I'll gather the courage to draft this pattern and go for it.
18. Finish lace gloves - WIP.  I should have tried to make my first pair of gloves out of something solid  .  When I finish them they're going to look so smart, though.
19. Doll.  A biggish one.  New skill to learn here.
20. Ferret plush.  I found a pattern that looks way too cute not to do this! - WIP
21. Backgammon board on glass.
22. Backgammon tokens made of resin.
23. Bag for backgammon.
24. Illusion knit dragonfly.
25. Fix blue skirt.  It's a very long skirt that got caught in the bus doors and ripped.  The bottom has got a lot of lacey stuff though, so I have to cut carefully and redesign the whole hem.  I just cannot reconstruct the badly harmed old one.
26. Make some new magazine holders out of PC, or mend the old ones.
27. Finish Anna Sui skirt.
28. Make some paper.
29. Goldwork embroidery - WIP.
30. Fused work doily.
31. Bracelet.
32. Wallet for pills.
33. Tudor rose bag.
34. Wallet for WW pass & card and a
35. storage folder for those weekly booklets full of nice recipes.
36. Little bucket for my yarn in use: Italian embroidery.
37. Shower mitt.
38. Knit headband.
39. Items for swap.
40. Items for swap.
41. Felted slippers.
42. Shower mitt and headband for mother.
43. Lace scarf for mother.
44. Bag for mother.
45. Mobile cozies and wristrest.
46. Health diary.
47. Tribble.

48. Sweater.  This will be my first knitted sweater. WIP
49. Socks!
50. Two bath mitts for Nando.
51. Re-learn crochet.

52. Knit slippers with crocheted edge. (WIP)
53. Scarf for nephew. WIP

The list has been modified quite a lot since the start, but since it is a guideline it's good to have it and change it, to keep track of what you do and also to put aside jobs that would be better done at another moment.  And new ideas keep coming my way...
So many WIPs!  I can't help it.  But I think I'll be finishing a lot of them before the end of the year.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #4018 on: August 30, 2010 04:50:33 AM »

101. zipper flower bangle(5) august

102. birds nest pendants (4) august

103. birds nest rings (2) august

104. rings (3) august

105.   crochet earrings (7) august

106. tote august

107. fat bottom bag august

108. childs hat and fingerless gloves august

109. bead earrings august

110. TV august

111. cupcake purse august

112. blanket august

113. cupcake pin ring august

THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #4019 on: August 30, 2010 06:18:25 AM »

That cupcake ring is cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

25/12,  14/13
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Waffle Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake With Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Starbucks Birthday Cake Pop Recipe
Red Velvet Cupcake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Strawberry Lemonade Popsicle Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...