A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,093
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 285733 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3890 on: July 30, 2010 05:57:49 AM »

Crafty projects for 2010
1.     Make 3 dozen chickens for Easter Breakfast  (20 22 ALL finished!)

2.     6 chicken pillows (5 finished) Smiley

3.   Valentine garland Smiley

4.   Make wreaths for front doors
5.   Make center pieces for trivia night tables This is done, but all I did was donate the wire photo holders I made a couple years ago so I don't really think I can count it.
6.   Design reunion website  This is definitely not going to happen this year.
7.   Easter/spring garland  --- still have the valentines one hanging up... fortunately it has blue and green as well as pink
8.   Make quilted coasters/pot holders for Spring tea --- These are going to be wrapped plants instead of quilted thingies....  Attendance is higher than expected so we had to simplify.  I'm not sure if I should count this or not.  It is still crafty, just not as ambitious.
9.   Sew Spring covers for porch furniture

10.   Make new shirt pants for boy blacksmiths renfaire costume Worked with him to get it done.
11.   Sew new Fourth of July covers for porch furniture
        2  chair pads  Undecided, 2 pillow covers, 1 tablecloth
12.   Make fourth of july throw to match
13.   Make fourth of July coasters
14.   Do something to refresh holiday tree updated for patriotic holidays.  Must really fix before Fall.
15.   Learn how to fold and cut paper 5 point stars   ;DYay!  This one was easy.
16.   Make Uncle Sam decoration
17.   Fourth of July scavenger hunt
18.   Recover deck furniture   3 chairs down. 3 to go 4/28 5 done.  One cushion missing.
19.   Finish crocheting office rug  -- progress.  A few more rounds but I need to 'make' more yarn zzzz
20.   Finish soup kitchen patio  -- boy blacksmith collected the pavers, but wants to rent a bobcat!
21.   Sort boxes of craft supplies and figure out how to trade or sell the stuff I havent used in two moves  I am making progress on this, but it is difficult to give away stuff I haven't used in mmmphfty years on the off chance that I might really need it in the future.
22.   Organize fabric so I can find what I want when I want it  
23.   Find and finish give away! Victorian ornaments
24.   Finish brothers quilt (center part is done. Yay!)  at the quilter 4/28
25.   Make quilt for moms 80th birthday
26.   Make wedding quilt done 4/29
27.   Make pillow covers for living room
28.   Make amish red and black quilt
29.   Finish Iris quilt  sheesh.  I have to FIND it first!!!
30.   Finish globe quilt  --making progress.  I just have to do the binding
31.   Finish quilting chicken panel
32.   Finish quilting dollhouse quilt
33.   Make something to get the circle quilt idea out of my head without buying new fabric -- top finished.  
34.   Make black and white dress
35.   Make outdoor dance floor
36.   Design road rally scavenger hunt party
37.   Sew something for friend
38.   Finish steam punk jacket redo
39.   Finish skirt recon
40.   Find and recon deck bar cupboard
41.   Recon and hang sewing cabinet  This has been confiscated for computer equipment so I'm taking it off my list.
42.   Sunpaint tablecloth
43.   Figure out how to make reusable paper towels
44.   Redecorate bedroom (yeah sure!)
45.   Make divider door wall for basement bedroom
46.   Finish crochet shawl
47.   Finish random crochet black shawl/blanket thingy
48.   Make an apron
49.   Sunpaint a shirt I actually love to wear at shows
50.   Find an outlet to sell our sunpaint stuff
51.   Plant live grass for Easter decorations
52.   Fix polymer clay Faeries
53.   Replace/refurbish/add to mirror chains in fairy tree -- try adding glass jar vases!
54.   Make dress form so I can start making clothes that fit!
55.   Quilt as you go table runner.... using up the scraps from the chickens. 4/5
56.   Baby Quilt for new baby 4/14  Cut out fabric for second identical one and need to stitch it together.  
57.   Block in box quilt using scraps from wedding quilt -- ready to go to quilter
58.   Baby quilt/table runner using scraps from block in box quilt that used scraps from wedding quilt. 4/23
55.   Quilt made using Mary Engelbreidt fabric I couldn't resist buying and practicing making triangle blocks.  3/25  ready to go to quilter, but I'm thinking about machine quilting it myself.
56.   Mini quilt using scraps from ME quilt to practice machine quilting.  Still needs a binding.
57.   Mini robot pieced section (1" squares because it wanted to be made and i had a tiny piece of grey fabric but now it needs the rest of the quilt so I am searching for the right fabric to make it work.)
58.   Finished the binding and hanging sleeve on family memory quilt. 4/29
59.  Make Lake Quilt for MIL.  She picked out the photos and bought the first round of fabric.  EEEP.
60.  Make martini quilt for DH.  
61.  Make blanket/quilt for boy blacksmith... cause he asked so nicely.  Fabric is purchased, washed ironed and I am ready to start making the accent blocks.  
62. Make tablecloths for long tables at church.... this was a collaboration in that I was able to talk some one else into hemming them after I washed and cut them.  So this probably doesn't count.
63.  Sew two pillow cases.
64.  Make baby quilt for friends grandbaby 
65.  finish son's quilt from a LONG time ago
66. Embroidered necktie
67.  Embroidered shirt that is wearable.
68. Make free-standing lace mini hat. 
69.  Embroider towels... learn and then do!

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010 06:09:16 AM by waggonswest » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
waggonswest

« Reply #3891 on: July 30, 2010 06:16:06 AM »

When you teach they tell you that students retain the first bit and the last bit of any lecture.  The stuff in the middle is usually lost.  That seems to be the case with my list!  I've made progress on the first bit and the last bit, but the stuff in the middle is lost (in some cases literally).  I've realized that I have crossed the halfway point!  Yay!  Thanks to everyone on the list for keeping me motivated and inspired. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3892 on: July 30, 2010 07:19:44 AM »

Grin i only found the CAL board like two days ago!!
 Roll Eyes

I know its incredibly late - but i want in!
I have quite a workload lined up to be done (most stuff I was comissioned and prepaid to make) so I HAVE to get motivated to get some work done, even after a long day at work!!

Also! I haven't read any of the pages in between page one and 390....I think I might collapse if I did so! Cheesy At some stage I will get a chance to see all the lovely goodies on this thread ^^

I'm just going to list out what I have to make and then what I want to make in between report writing (for university-bleh!) and working (internship-yay monies for craft supplies!)

ok so here goes

Comissions
1. Jayne Cobb Hat
2. Black and Red skinny acrylic scarf
3. Wool Scarf, 80inches, black blue and grey
4. 5pouches (4Owl cotton fabric, 1 norway bird, both fleece padded, w/button closures? or snaps)
5. 4black wristers (small, ribbed, wool, 2long, 2short)
6. 3dice pouches (that won't open when the drawstring is closed- Any help with this part?!)
7. 1 Laptop Antiscratch Pouch (hot pink panda fabric w/white cotton, fleece padding)
8. 2mini sackboy plushies
9. Leaft Seahorse Plushie
10. Ferret Plushie (my gosh- Never done this before)
11. Custom Belted Sash for LT Medieval LARPing!
12. Custom Mad Wabbit plushie (my own creation ^^)
13. Black Fingerless Gloves (for guitar playing)
14. Furry Eared Monster Plushie(s) (fun fur (ahhhh breathing fluff for weeks T.T) with blue safety eyes)

23. (" its my list i can be disorganised!) Make really great co-worker friend a nice present beofre I leave- any suggestions would be great! She loves White and Reds so Something in those colours most definately!

Want to Make
15. Own Laptop Antiscratch cover- to prevent even MORE scratches T.T
16. Wallet -am currently using one from a magazine I got ummmm 14 years ago!! Xp so yeah, its stylish!
17. FO Christmas Oresent to bf (Sigh, im so lazy about this :s )
18. Start and FO christmas present for bf!- granny square quilt
19. Make sisters birthday presents - wallet and granny square scottie dog stuffie (so cute!)
20. Draw up pattern for own 'dream' coat (really want sleeves like vivi's and a low neckline b/c big bewbs means coats look really odd/old fashioned/sak o potatoes on me) I haven't the skills to make this just yet so maybe get a local dressmaker to actually make it, and learn from her! Cheesy
21. Make my dad a christmas present- not sure what just yet, he's an outdoorsy person! any suggestions would be nice, he already has a load of hats/gloves so I can't make him even more of these! " well maybe just one more set XD  OH or maybe a boredom buster set or something for him to do when its too wet and ucky outside for him to do much!
22. Make my mother something nice for christmas- Don't know what just yet :s Maybe I'll get her a mini loom if I can find any in Ireland!

24. A bag!! For myself- an Alice in Wonderland one- I have ALL the materials I need just lack the courage!
25. A monster Bag- I really like these but I dont have any novelty yarns.
26. Make friend something dino related for her 21st in Sep.
27 Make friend something Sonic related for his 21st in August!! T.T (the sat after I come back from holidays!)
28. Make travel holder to hold all travel stuff like tickets, passport etc (by monday!! :O I'm so last minute its not even funny! O.o" )
29. Make nice notepaper and write LONG overdue letters to my friend in other countries! Smiley

30. ......Maybe get some final year work done for my degree >.<"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3893 on: July 30, 2010 08:08:11 AM »

awesome list!!

I agree--I need to redo my list and analyze why more is not getting done...I think it is because as KLKing said, I am way more spontaneous and just make stuff as I get inspired...I have completed a total of 109 projects this year so far yet only 17 were on my list... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #3894 on: July 30, 2010 12:25:26 PM »

Yes!  I managed to finish something again!  My new carry-all bag:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355311.msg4156709#msg4156709

And I am really happy with it!  Thanks to this choice, I won't need to make a second bag for my teaching.  This one is perfect, and besides I have to go direct from work to the school (yessss, I've got a new job, started last Monday, I like it, I'm knackered and I might even keep it for longer than the 3 months they've given me Smiley )

Now I really, really must work on some trousers.  These are getting old and too baggy (yay for that!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3895 on: July 30, 2010 01:19:19 PM »

Soorawn--what a lovely bag!!  I love big, simple and beautiful bags...I never use the many pockets that come with the bags--I use lots of pouches and just throw everything in anyway...

I have gads of pants that need to be taken in but I am not sure if I am up for it...I have always hated altering clothes to fit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3896 on: July 30, 2010 01:54:09 PM »

I agree--I need to redo my list and analyze why more is not getting done...I think it is because as KLKing said, I am way more spontaneous and just make stuff as I get inspired...

I have the same problem... I think once I have something on my list I'm totally uninspired and feel pressured to finish and then put it off. I too am one of those gals who like to craft on the fly. I often find myself awake late nights/early morning hit by the craft fairy. I have all these ideas and have to work them out in my mind, and then into reality. Wink  I think that should be my goal by this weekend: Rearrange what's left on my list and re-prioritize my crafts. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #3897 on: July 30, 2010 04:54:27 PM »

I think my list has actually helped me get more done this year. If I'm in a craft rut I'll join a swap to force myself to craft. If I don't have a specific project in mind I rarely stay focused and it takes me forever to finish it. With my list now if I wonder into my craft room instead of just piddling around I can look at my list and pick something. However I have modified my list as I've went, took off projects that I didn't think I'd really do and added new ideas/projects I've seen others do. I have also crafted items not on my list, mostly for swaps so I have to say this has been my most productive craft year in a long time.

On that note I'm almost done with my bra (I've wanted to make one for years so I put it on my list and it got done Smiley ) I just have to sew one underwire on, hopefully I'll be able to post it later tonight.

All done! I drafted the pattern from an old bra, that was the hardest part finding a bra to cut up, lol. I didn't want to ruin a good one for a possible fail but while during a thorough spring cleaning I found an old one with some holes and broken underwire Smiley The material is some haloween fabric I got on clearance (I think around 80 to 90% off clearance) it's not the best and I don't know how it will hold up in the wash but it's stretchy and cute so I went with it. The underwires, snap, elastic and straps are salvaged from old and broken down bras.

Modeled by my pillow and polyfill cause I'm just not that comfy with my body to have a pic of me in my bra on craftster, lol.

Side view and close up

back view, it's not crooked I promise well my stitches are but the bra itself isn't.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010 08:04:58 PM by lady4feet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3898 on: July 30, 2010 10:03:11 PM »

Nice job on the bra! I wouldn't model in person either. I've actually never made a bra before.
  Another thought on the list; I'm one of those who don't even write grocery lists. Unless I really need to remember something. I love it when the "craft Fairy" shows up in the middle of the night.

Edit... Wait.. I have made a bra befoe, it was a pair of half- baseballs! perfectly round, white leather, with the red stitching. It was requested from a SanFrancisco Giants fan. I guess it counts as a bra. She was one of those who liked to make herself noticed at the games!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010 10:06:47 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #3899 on: July 31, 2010 12:37:48 AM »

Love that bra!  Good job!  I still haven't found the courage to make one myself.  It looks hard work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Your First Movie
How to Shoot Your First Movie
How to Make Your First Movie: Using Proper Gear
How to Make Your First Movie: Audio
How to Make Your First Movie: Lighting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...