A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 300173 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ostera15
« Reply #3630 on: June 10, 2010 01:45:55 PM »

It's been awhile since I posted anything, but I have been busy. And congrats to the May challenge winner!

First off I reconed the half used comp notebooks that the kids brought home at the end of the school year:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350334.0

Then I tried out a few different patterns for market bags:

One pillow case:

Two pillow case (from instructables website):

The market bag from Joann's website;

Group shot:

I think I like the two pillow case one the best, it was easy to make and works good for the thin pillow cases that I seem to have a bunch of.

I finished one of the three sets of name letters I'm making, the A was a pain to stuff, so thinking about changing the font:

And the top of a novelty fabric lap quilt for a friend's birthday (I plan on finishing it this weekend):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3631 on: June 10, 2010 02:01:40 PM »

Isn't it fun to see all the fabrics you made other things out of all together in one quilt?  How fun!  Lots of bright happy colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 10, 2010 04:04:04 PM »

juicebox and lydia,

I would recommend it.  Just in looking through it I picked at least 20 projects that I just HAD to make, and there are many more that I think looked cool.  It's well laid out and the patterns are included for all the projects that aren't just squares-type shapes.  If I had to say anything against it, it would be that it seemed a little heavy on the little kid projects.  But I have no kids, so I often think that, and I guess you could always adapt those sort of things to an adult size.  There's also nothing super difficult, if you're looking for very intricate patterns or something. But altogether I'm a fan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Juicebox29
« Reply #3633 on: June 10, 2010 04:07:47 PM »

Thanks fishstix!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3634 on: June 10, 2010 04:20:55 PM »

Alright so since its still CRAP outside, I decided to give you guys a umm...teaser picture if you will of my string gardens Smiley

Im not sure if they will end up getting their own post or not but either way you guys will be seeing more of these guys when its nicer outside.
Also, since I told you guys Ive been making more string pendants I decided to give them their own post so if you run into them again dont be alarmed Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010 04:31:49 PM by FriendlyNeighbourPsycho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassandra
« Reply #3635 on: June 10, 2010 04:32:18 PM »

I've been wanting to make one since I friended them on facebook a while back but I know they will take lots of watering since the water will evaporate easily and I sometimes skip a day, I'm scared I'll kill them...I guess if I get a cheap plant it wont matter though huh!  I know they make the soil with the gel type stuff to keep it moist as well....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3636 on: June 10, 2010 07:08:23 PM »

I do the exact same thing! I see all their awesome pictures on facebook and sit and go I WANT ONE!! But I decided to finally bite the bullet and just make one. Im awful with plants. Really Im terrible. I havent watered these things once yet but since its been raining here all week I havent had to so Im not sure how much moisture their sucking in. I decided cheap plants were a good place to start, I bought a 6 pack of annuals for $3. You should try making some! And if they die, well at least you tried!! Smiley Just have to wait and see how well these little guys do when its nice outside and not all rainy like! Its also been mentioned that watering them with a spray bottle works well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
envirocraft
« Reply #3637 on: June 11, 2010 04:46:38 PM »

Finished a bunch of cards for family for sending out my grad pictures http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350479.0

Earlier this week I made a much needed drawer organizer for my bathroom drawer for all my make up and stuff.  Unfortunately I'm not posting it on here because I just got a new camera, and I didn't realize that the default setting meant that the pics were larger than 2MB and I didn't really want to re-take all the photos.  If anyone is interested in seeing it, it's on my blog. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3638 on: June 11, 2010 05:28:49 PM »

v3nu5- I'm not sure what type of Mario material you are looking for, but Target and Walmat have lots of kids tee shirts and pjs with the Mario characters on them. My son, 7, is obsessed and I'm taking the stacks of shirts and pjs he has grown out of and making a quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3639 on: June 11, 2010 07:06:32 PM »

OooO! Great idea! Thanks for the help. Hope I can gather supplies this weekend. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Clip In Hair Extensions
Colored Hair Extensions Add A Splash Of Style: Hair Tips
Product Review: Agadir Argan Spray Oil
Top Hair Resolutions for the New Year
DIY: How To Make Creaseless Hair Ties And Head Bands
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...