A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,382
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 298379 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3600 on: June 07, 2010 10:49:05 AM »

How did you do your string garden? I am fascinated by them as well and was sad when I found out they were oversees and couldnt ship to me.  I have thought about trying it but havent tried one yet...I keep thinking a grapevine ball might be good to start with....pack in all the dirt then some moss or maybe even grass seed to hold it all in place, then plant whatever plant...I dunno though...
I was going to start with seeds but ended up using already started plants. Like I said I became a fan of the on facebook and I commented on one of the pictures and they replied back. It sounded like they were using already grown plants so thats what I did. I bought a cheap 6 pack of flowers to start off with. I just kind of made a mud ball around the roots and then when I thought it was big enough I started wrapping twine around it. The first one I did I attempted to have a method to it but that just made it harder....I found it was much easier to go around it once and tie a knot, then just go crazy around and around it until I thought there was enough. So far I check on them this morning and their still ball shaped so yay! I think Im going to try keeping them on the ground for a bit, and keep them a little wet so they hold the shape just as a saftey to give the roots some time to make it a bit sturdier. But so far they look pretty solid, so its very possible Im being over cautious. If these ones turn out well who knows, I might have to make a whole bunch more Cheesy

lalalapoopoo - My god your off to a good start! Youve been busy!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010 10:52:30 AM by FriendlyNeighbourPsycho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
envirocraft
« Reply #3601 on: June 07, 2010 08:26:37 PM »

This wasn't a project at all, but it inspired new ones!!! Remember those boxes of fabric I got a while ago??    Well they've been sitting in their boxes in my room, about where they are in the picture until today.  I folded all the fabric in my current stash and compressed to about half the size and managed to use some of that space for this material and managed to get the rest of it all in one box!!!  Going through all my fabric was great because I got ideas for some of it and discovered things I didn't know was there!! Yay for organizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3602 on: June 08, 2010 08:10:17 AM »

WOW--just popping in to let you guys know I have not forgotten about the drawing!  I had to travel this weekend--unexpectedly, so it threw me off a bit...and then hubby got food poisoning last night...I have everyone's info, I am cutting up the tickets tonight, and drawing a name!!

I have been busy with mostly swap items, but I love to see everyone's stuff so I can add it to mine...Cheesy...I think I will add "Add to to do list" as one of my projects, because I seem to be doing that one the best!! Cheesy

omg--I love the Thorpe Hats!!  I must look for that pattern as I need one more knitted project for a swap!

I see organizing continues with great fabric baskets and envirocraft, jealous of your fabric organization!

See ya tonight and good luck to all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

celestya22
« Reply #3603 on: June 08, 2010 12:01:10 PM »

Ooooooh! I want to play! Cheesy

I'm a bit late joining. May I include projects that I've done thus far this year to get caught up? Cheesy
I'm currently knitting tons of critters and baby goodies. I just started making amigurumi (sp?) last fall so I'm still learning a lot. So a lot of these will just be types of critters I'd like to make. Smiley  Most take me at least a full day to make and piece together. I think that would satisfy the project requirement from the OP.

To Do:

Knit Toys:
1) Dragon! I have the idea in my head, just have to get the time and mats to make it.
2) Sharpei - as a gift for a friends bday.
3) Tiger - another gift
4) Manta Ray - to go with other underwater themed toys for my nephew
5) Chiuahua - or however you spell the tiny dog, for another gift.
6) Gnome Log or Mushroom House (doll house for boy...this may not get done this year. Planning for nephews 3rd birthday (he just turned 2 months old yesterday. lol.)
7) Gnomes/Fairies/Other magic critters for the house.
Cool Moose - for mom (she's moose obsessed)
10) Snowman
11) Elf
12) Frogs - debating on poses. May make a couple different ones
13) Finger Puppets
14) Polar Bear
15) Fawn/Deer
16) Ferret
17) 'Monster' hand puppet
18) Elephant

Other:
1) Finish my nephew's underwater scene painting
2) Knit a moose hanging towel (for by the sink for my mom).
3) Reuse a thrift store sweater to make a felted bag. (It's in my washing machine being felted right now!)
4) Make mittens or fingerless gloves from the same sweater.
5) Stage for Finger Puppets
6) Scrapbook of nephews first 6 months at least.
7) A case for my knitting needles! Sis has even promised to help me with her scary sewing machine.

hmm. Sure I'll think of more.

If I can include what I've done thus far:
1) Koala Bear
2) Itty bitty tiny panda bear
3) Sheep with removable fleece
4) Gecko
5) Baby Seal x2 (1 was a prototype before I made 2nd in good yarn)
6) Big Piggy
7) Ball
Cool Knitted mobile for nephew (5 flying animals and vine/branches for them to hang from)
9) Baby Hat and Booties w/pompoms
10) Seahorse
11) Whale and Turtle (have to check date on pics of these. They may have been December)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010 12:12:38 PM by celestya22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purple_girl
« Reply #3604 on: June 08, 2010 01:26:31 PM »

yey for fabric sorting!
im hopefully going to a new fabric store and ikea this weekend - so ill be messing up my fabric pile rather than sorting it  Tongue
always - sorry to hear about your husband, hope he feels better soon Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3605 on: June 08, 2010 02:14:29 PM »

purple_girl you are evil to mention the I place... the place that I sigh when I think of it... land of nifty textiles.. sigh.
you evil, evil, girl.

Cheesy

I'm trying to figure out how to get to Ikea this weekend... I will be 15 miles away from one and I doubt if I'll get hubby to go... we'll see... I might be able to go Monday morning before we all head out of town, over to Luray Caverns then down to Salem for the night... I wonder if I could convince David to go to Ikea... he *might* go for it but I doubt it Sad 
A few friends and I have been trying to plot a trip to Atlanta (our closest Ikea).... it's a 4 hour haul out there... then back...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Deeder
« Reply #3606 on: June 08, 2010 02:55:14 PM »

I HAVE to make a string garden now. I'm actually considering un-planting my recently planted rosemary from the ground to see if I can make it into a ball! That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3607 on: June 08, 2010 03:23:28 PM »

I've never been to Ikea. Is it a great place for fabrics? I'm looking for more themed/copyrighted materials. Dh needs a new laptop sleeve, and  DS Lite & PSP game cases. He loves pacman and Mario but I can't seem to find bedsheets or any kind of thrifty materials to use to finish them.  Anyone have any ideas? Or help?

As soon as I can get those done I can check off more on my list. Undecided  I have done a ton more crafts, but none related to my list. They seem to be repeats of what I have already crossed off. I must really like those types of crafts. Hee hee.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #3608 on: June 08, 2010 03:29:32 PM »

IKEA is mostly furniture and house goods, but they have a small section of unique fabrics.

Have you checked etsy for mario fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3609 on: June 08, 2010 03:57:59 PM »

etsy will probably cost you a small fortune imho...
if you do a google search for Mario fabric you will find quite a bit.
I would also look at a lot of the online stores like Fabric.com or other places like that - they often have sales...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will Online the Next Economic Bubble to Burst?
NY Teen Accepted to All 8 Ivy League Schools Picks One
2014 Teacher of the Year
The 10 Most Hated Foods in America
US News Names Top High School in Nation
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...