A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
320 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 329035 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lalalapoopoo
« Reply #3590 on: June 06, 2010 08:15:56 PM »

Hey guys! Too late to jump in? Although as a guest I kinda sorta kept up with the idea since the beginning of the year, but I have by no means read the whole thing.....

I have to add to my list to get up to 50 projects, I have 18 or so done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3591 on: June 06, 2010 08:29:38 PM »

Hey guys! Too late to jump in? Although as a guest I kinda sorta kept up with the idea since the beginning of the year, but I have by no means read the whole thing.....

I have to add to my list to get up to 50 projects, I have 18 or so done!

Welcome - jump on in the water is fine! I still don't have a list of 50.. it is a work in progress... please show us your stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #3592 on: June 06, 2010 08:31:32 PM »

That bag is cool I haven't seen interchangeable flaps before, that's a neat idea.  Is it complicated to do?

Progress - baby quilt 1 of the summer, top cut and sewn, spray basted and ready to quilt.  I have to have it done for saturday, so I hope I don't have any hiccups.  I also plan to make 3 crib sheets this week for the same baby shower.  they would have been really simple if the fabric had been 44in width (or I would have known to check) so I have to sew strips on to all 3 peices.

It was pretty simple if you know the basics of bag making. I streamline all of my bags cause I never end up using pockets/dividers, everything just ends up in the biggest part of the bag. I was inspired by prolix bag which I couldn't find earlier when I posted. Here is her post with a link to a tute she made, her's has pockets and such, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=248503.0

I didn't use her tute because my bag was a bit dictated by the fabric I used since it was from a article of clothing. Also I used buttons instead of velcro.  Velcro would've been easier but I didn't have any but I do have a tin full of buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3593 on: June 06, 2010 08:36:43 PM »

lalalapoopoo, jump in whenever you want to Cheesy Ive been in since January I think and I havent even done 10 projects!
Im not sure who did them and Im kind of too lazy to go back and check but the Mario flower scarf was freaking fantastic, the boob pillow is hilarious and I WANT THE STAR WARS BAG!!!
I have a few projects that are very close to being finished, YAY!! I finally tried string gardens! I want to give them a few days before I actually hang them to see if they hold their shape and all. But its very possible I could get impatient Smiley I was a muddy mess after trying them but they were fuuuuun!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010 08:59:22 PM by FriendlyNeighbourPsycho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3594 on: June 06, 2010 08:51:26 PM »

lalapoopoo, jump in whenever you want to Cheesy Ive been in since January I think and I havent even done 10 projects!
Im not sure who did them and Im kind of too lazy to go back and check but the Mario flower scarf was freaking fantastic, the boob pillow is hilarious and I WANT THE STAR WARS BAG!!!
I have a few projects that are very close to being finished, YAY!! I finally tried string gardens! I want to give them a few days before I actually hang them to see if they hold their shape and all. But its very possible I could get impatient Smiley I was a muddy mess after trying them but they were fuuuuun!!

what are string gardens??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3595 on: June 06, 2010 09:13:56 PM »

I found out about them when beth.wilson.norwood posted some of them! She's also given alot of helpful tips from when she made hers. And I think 3 different threads going of them. This is her fisrt one Shes got another link in there for a site and Ive become a fan of them on facebook so my feed thing always has awesome pictures of them and I just sit there and go I WANT ONE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lalalapoopoo
« Reply #3596 on: June 07, 2010 12:40:16 AM »

So here is my list.... I guess I'll start with the ones I've finished first.

1. Legwarmers --> I decided to make them out of white cotton for laundering reasons. I know they will stretch out easier but I tend to like the slouchy look. Plus I'm planning on adding a ribbon at the top to help them stay up.

2. Knit hat --> For me this winter! It's the Thorpe pattern which I found on Ravelry. I used Manos del Uruguay Wool Classica, such yummy yarn.

3. Knit hat --> For my bestest friend. It is also the Thorpe pattern and made from JoAnn's Sensations Licorice and Paton's Classic Merino.

2. Cowl --> Once again for me! Made from some handspun yarn I acquired somewhere. It is so snuggly, I made it really long so I could wrap it around my neck multiple times!

3. Hooded piggy towel --> I made this for my 19 year old best friend, haha. Really simple and turned out CUTE!
4. Hooded cow towel --> Ended up making one for her brother too. The cow one is def my favorite!
5. Basketweave scarf --> I found instructions here on Craftster..... technically this one isn't completed because I need to weave in the ends.
6. Stationary/art kit --> I put a bunch of stationary I found on clearance along with pencils, pens, erasers, tape, stickers, etc in a mini table top roll top desk thing for my cousin. It was a hit! Sadly I dont have pictures but I found the same kind of box in different dimensions so I'm making another one for her sister.
7. Dress --> I made an Easter dress for my best friend. I still need to get pictures.
8. Nightgown --> Used a men's button up to make a nightgown for her Easter basket. Still need to get pictures of this as well.
9. Rice therapy bag --> After making one for my best friend (it seems like I'm her sweatshop, haha) and seeing how well it worked I knew I had to make one for myself. I saw the tute on Sew Mama Sew and used that as a guide. Figured out dimensions and added about 5 pound of rice, easy peasy.

10. Valentine's Day present --> Made for C (best friend)..... included an embroidery and a heart mobile.... still need pictures.
11. Summer '09 scrapbook --> Self explanatory, finished over my spring break.
12. Swiffer cover --> Made for my aunt... used directions found online. Search "crochet reversible swiffer cover" and you'll find it.
13. Laptop sleeve --> Needed a more padded case for my computer and didnt want to pay $30, so I made my own. Made it on New Year's Day so it counts, haha.

14. Face scrubbies --> I need to take better care of my skin so I knit some scrubbies to wash my face with. Yay for gentle exfoliation! Plus I used bits of cotton yarn so it was frugal! Made 21 in all!
15. 5 crocheted beaded necklaces --> once again found instructions on Craftster and just went with it. Super easy and addictive project.
16. Reconed night shirt --> While at Goodwill's Memorial Day half off sale, I found a night shirt made out of Munki Munki fabric. I bought it and turned the long sleeve thing into.....

17. Mittens
18. Knit pig for C (bday present)
19. Knitting bag for C (bday)
20. Slippers
21. Knit Rug --> Making a rug out of old tee shirts for my dorm next year. Almost half way done, but I need more white, brown, and pink tees.
22. Camera strap cover
23. Sewn wrist cuffs
24. Braided headbands
25. Denim skirt
26. Lounge pants
27. Fix Cars blanket
28. Stamped clay pendants
29. Attempt to make undies
30. Knit socks for C (bday)
31. Summer '10 scrapbook
32. Knit scarf --> Made for the winter and because I wanted to use up the two skeins of Tweedle Dee in my stash. I forgot what the name of the pattern is but I can look it up if anyone is interested. Easy knit.

33. Hankerchiefs
34. Shirred dress
35. Crochet + fabric top
36. Summer tie dye session
37. Decorated "C" for C --> Covered a 3d "C' bought at JoAnn's with cut out bits of security envelopes.
38. Camera bag
39. Messenger bag
40. Nightgowns for ME
41. Tank top dress inspired by a Target dress I saw
42. Fleece blanket
43. Rice therapy bag for my mom's fiance
44. Fabric scarf
45. Tee shirt fabric skirt with reverse applique
46. Skirts for thrifted sheets
47. Knit scarf (black)
48. Cowl --> Using the "Spiral Cowl" pattern from Ravelry and Paton's Classic Merino. For ME ME ME!
49. Cowl --> Using the "Chickadee Cowl" pattern from Ravelry and Happy Feet yarn aka teeny tiny sock yarn (big mistake)... also for me.
50. Jewelry organizer

I forgot about projects I had in progress so that is why they are scattered about haha. I still need to get pictures of quite a few.... hopefully by this weekend. I will probably have a lot more project for this year as well, but 50 is my goal.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010 12:45:13 AM by lalalapoopoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilSabina
« Reply #3597 on: June 07, 2010 04:52:46 AM »

I love the night shirt recon.

And now I need to do a string garden. But I think it'll be on next year's list of 50. As will some of this year's list of 50  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassandra
« Reply #3598 on: June 07, 2010 04:55:10 AM »

I found out about them when beth.wilson.norwood posted some of them! She's also given alot of helpful tips from when she made hers. And I think 3 different threads going of them. This is her fisrt one Shes got another link in there for a site and Ive become a fan of them on facebook so my feed thing always has awesome pictures of them and I just sit there and go I WANT ONE!!

How did you do your string garden? I am fascinated by them as well and was sad when I found out they were oversees and couldnt ship to me.  I have thought about trying it but havent tried one yet...I keep thinking a grapevine ball might be good to start with....pack in all the dirt then some moss or maybe even grass seed to hold it all in place, then plant whatever plant...I dunno though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3599 on: June 07, 2010 05:08:46 AM »

pjherbert - if you still don't have 50 projects in mind I can give you some of mine to do  Cool Cool Grin

I was just asked to make a doll and a blanket by July 5th Shocked Shocked  I might have to turn away the blanket which will really make me sad.  I love making blankets.  They are both my ideas so they'll be cool to do but man that will suck up my entire June Sad  I will work on some swatches this morning and if I can come up with something sharp I'll accept it.  I can't turn down a cool project... it's just not in me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Tempura With Tadashi Ono
Indian Ghee Recipe
Indian Seasoned Dal Recipe
Indian Dal Recipe
Indian Paneer Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...