A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 285791 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

envirocraft
« Reply #3520 on: May 31, 2010 02:37:11 PM »

My list of May accomplishments:

1. Subway art 

2. Dry erase frame

3. Ruffle pjs

4. Shelf decor

5. Grocery bags (cats and cows)

6. Reusable face pads

7. Lip Scrub 

8. Plarn bag (this for me was a big project, making plarn is like a project in itself, and then crocheting the bag is like another!) 

9. Rag Doll

10. Cake with fondant

11. Inchies (first time) These were for a swap and are currently in mail-land. In total I made over 100!

So that's 11 projects, and one that counts as a big one, for a total of 12 (divided by 2) = six entries!!! Yay!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3521 on: May 31, 2010 02:40:31 PM »

This quilt is 1 of 2.
13.   Make a quilt for Ashleys graduation link http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349177.0

I did this small broomstick lace blanket that I will give to my granddaughter for her babies, not sure if I will do more or not hum.. I dont like taking the yarn off of my hook to do it, it goes slow
17.Learn and make something with broomstick lace crochet

33. Fixed timing on embroidery machine

I saw this on someones blog, so I had to do it for Laurens puzzles, it is felt hot glued to the backs of the puzzel board so when they go in the toybox the pieces don't get lost, she loves taking the pieces out and putting them back in as much as she likes doing the puzzle.
34. 4 puzzle pockets

My other DIL is having a baby in Septemeber and we were looking for baskets for the dresser and didnt find any we liked so I told he I would crochet some, this is my first attempt at crocheting baskets.
35,36. 2 Crocheted baskets for baby girl room

4 small and 2 large for May (fixing that dang machine was a large PITA)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 04:52:38 PM by pjherbert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

This is a new twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3522 on: May 31, 2010 02:45:32 PM »

PJ, your crocheted baskets came out really good.  I always think I want to try that, but I haven't yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--1/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
This may not happen, since I have had major surgery on my shoulder.
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #3523 on: May 31, 2010 02:47:50 PM »

PJ, your crocheted baskets came out really good.  I always think I want to try that, but I haven't yet.

thanks, I really enjoyed making them, held 4 strands together I think I will be going through alot of stash now and making some more..... ok, I will add it to the list and see what happens! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #3524 on: May 31, 2010 03:48:02 PM »

I love the crocheted baskets, I saw a free pattern at Hobby Lobby and picked it up.

So here's my googly eye project. I still have a pretty good stash of them left so I might make another monster girl.

The eyelash yarn was in my stash, I have a lot of random type of yarn from different supply swaps, purple fabric from stash with a posable tail (pipe cleaner). Not 100% happy with her, I think I might give her some super long legs.

Front

Back

THIS ROCKS   Logged

anna.wahnsinn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #3525 on: May 31, 2010 04:36:33 PM »

So many lovely things, as usual. I couldn't even pick two favourites, there were so many! I love the purple slouchy socks, by the way. And they totally look like mine do after a couple of hours, because one always gets turned around during the night (I get cold feet).

I didn't do much crafting in May, just more jewelry (as usual):

And I made a pouch for a friend (from my List, even!) - sadly, I can only show you a picture of its older brother. She saw my cosmetics pouch (which was made by me, but before May) and requested one in the same fabrics and a bit wider. So that's what I did (and this time I even kind of followed a tutorial: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/01/14/how-to-make-a-lined-zipper-pouch-tutorial/).
purple corduroy with creamy stripes as lining. Hers is about 4cm wider.

I had to make the wooden (Root? It was called Wurzelholz and I love the grain!) necklace with the turquoise beads - they were supposed to be some kind of tone, but they might just be some kind of clay. Doesn't matter, as I bought them especially for this. Which totally explains why I now prefer the plain one...

They were a pain to string, though, because I used a kind of soft elastic and the holes in the wooden beads were not very clean. I had to keep getting woodpips out of every other bead. Only when I did the last necklace with the large beads only it occured to me to just get a large needle and ignore the pips... That would have saved lots of time right from the beginning.

The two white sets were inspired by/copied from this window - a very lovely little shop in Bremen called Perlenkontor.
The necklace I made for myself is slightly up and to the right from the figurine in the middle.

The orange thingies (earrings) look like this right now - but they aren't a "project". I just got these hooks (and the orange beads and exactly two green rondels - footie colours again) and it took about 15 seconds to combine them.
It just took so long to upload the pictures tonight so I wanted to include them (plus I really like them).
I was going to switch beads according to what I'd be wearing originally, but knowing me I'd lose the rondels. So it is really a good thing I got more of those hooks. Right? Maybe I should have joined the Destash-Along, as well. I have so much stuff for nearly all the projects on my list, but I just keep buying beads!

On that note: On Saturday I'll go visit a very small Danish island with one very small town (mostly) for two weeks, and I know three shops there with fabrics, beads, cross-stitch books and other lovely stuff... Can't wait!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cannot give me too much work; to accumulate work has almost become a passion with me: my study is so full of it now, that there is hardly an inch of room for any more.  I shall have to throw out a wing soon." Jerome K. Jerome

http://pinterest.com/annawahnsinn
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3526 on: May 31, 2010 05:03:52 PM »

Omg--such wonderful projects!  I love the crochet bowls and have them on my list!

I also think the dirt bike cake is very clever and looks so yummy!

Love the owl purse...

Couple of things...I do think that the number beds and size of your garden should count as 2 tickets, Pinokeeo...

I will also count projects that you had on your list to complete but that you can't post pics yet because of swaps!

I will be spending tomorrow updating my list and then posting a preliminary...I will give everyone a day or two to make any corrections and then do the drawing!

You guys really rocked a difficult month (May is spring fever month and it is hard to get me to craft!)  But now it is getting hot and I plan on staying inside to craft...

OK--let's get our mini lists prepared for June and craft toward the goal of 50!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassandra
« Reply #3527 on: May 31, 2010 05:15:36 PM »

Put me down for a big fat ZERO. I havent felt well most of this month...working on that.  Hopefully June will be better for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

This is a new twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3528 on: May 31, 2010 06:15:14 PM »

Ok, my list for June is going to be stuff that takes up a lot less energy.  My grandbabies will be here next Sunday and will be staying for six weeks.  I'm going to play with them.

Anyway, here's my potential list.

Make bulletin board for office
Make a book safe
Fix my partner's walking stick
Learn new origami
Make a bowling ball gazing ball
Make a cat tower
Do some quilling for cards
Rebuild old rocking chair
Learn to make felt food for grandbabies
Make another pine needle basket

If I get half of this done, I'll be happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--1/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
This may not happen, since I have had major surgery on my shoulder.
cursive_queen
« Reply #3529 on: May 31, 2010 06:41:16 PM »

One more to make my total for May 4

This is a shirred sun dress for our pregnant babysitter.  I was originally going to buy pre-shirred fabric, easy peasy, I wouldn't have even counted it here.  Well... Joanns had sorta ugly or child choices, so I bought some pretty fabric and elastic thread.  The first 3 rows went swimmingly...t hen I had to reload the bobbin, and I couldn't get it right after that.  eventually I ripped it all out, bought thicker elastic, lining fabric and sewed channels.  This took... hrs, but I think it turned out nice.

45. Sundress for babysitter 5/31/2010
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Middle Men by Jim Gavin
Daniel Wallace Talks About His Novel The Kings and Queens of Roam
The King Years by Taylor Branch
The 10 Second Rule Makes Following Jesus Easy
Take Me Out to the Yarku by Aaron Meshon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...