A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 308510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3490 on: May 28, 2010 12:53:52 PM »

I love making things out of plastic bags!  Have you tried Sheetz?  They have the best green and also red bags!!  I have everyone at work saving colored bags for me!  I love your purse...I need to warn you, though, that the rug can be a bit slippery, so be careful!  I used a small on on a back stoop to wipe mud off our shoes when gardening...then just hose off! Cheesy

Nice glittery resin pendants!  I have never tried resin but I hear that it does take a bit of time to get it just right!  I also seem to craft more productively when the DH is not around...he has his own hobbies but sometimes he wants to do silly things like go out to eat!!  The nerve of him... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Deeder
« Reply #3491 on: May 28, 2010 02:07:32 PM »

Mini list for June:

1. Matron-of-honor dress for me (wedding is June 26)
2. Begin (and maintain) a scrapbook for Ruby Mae
3. Make at least three crib sheets (1/3)
4. Make sewing machine cover
5. Make serger cover
6. Purse for me
7. Five flower headpieces for wedding (same wedding as above)
8. Plastic-backed bibs

I hope to craft my butt off over this long weekend, but I have a VERY messy house as well ... and the pool might be open ....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 28, 2010 09:04:22 PM »

Sorry I've been MIA lately. My computer is still out being repaired and I'm at my MIL's again. I've been trying to follow all of the various conversations on here from my phone, but my phone internet is soo slooow it won't load anything. boohoo  Cry  It's hard not being able to check in...I'm having Craftster withdrawls! seriously...lol

I've been keeping busy crafting without the internet to distract me all the time. I've completed another 9 projects. They are items for the Disney swap so I have to be a bit secretive. I made 2 wearable items for my partner's daughter, 2 wearable items for my partner's son, 2 decorative items for them, 2 paper related items for them, and 1 wearable item for my partner. I will be shipping on Tuesday so I will be able to post after she receives. I can't wait to show off everything I've made. I have made things that I never would have made before and loving the outcome.

Oh, and I did a balloon centerpiece for my niece's 2nd birthday but sadly I didn't get a picture....she bit into it and popped it the moment she saw it and I was outside the house when it happened...grrr.... It turned out really well though. I made a bunch of green spirals and daisies in all different colors to resemble a flower bouquet...and it stood up on its own too...oh well...no use crying over popped balloons.

Ok, so I'm up to 27 projects for this month! Holy cow...I don't think I've ever been this productive. Again, thank you alwaysinmyroom for the May drawing and making this thread so much fun. I'm really anticipating your June announcement! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the cake slice boxes. They are truly addicting to make and are just so cute! I have some pictures to post and will hopefully have time to figure out how to do it on my MIL's computer...I'm actually cutting into her time right now...oops...she's hovering. Hahaha.

I've browsed through all the posted projects and as usual everyone is doing amazing stuff! Take care all and keep the crafty juices flowing. I will try to check in again soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
envirocraft
« Reply #3493 on: May 28, 2010 10:44:39 PM »

Finished another project today.  I made my very first doll!  I love her!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348899.0

I would have liked to take her outside to take some cute shots in the grass, but it's still raining here!

Also, today I made a cake with fondant! I even made my own fondant! (wow is that ever a lot of work!)  Too late to post pics tonight, but I'll get to it tomorrow.  The timing worked out really well because it was my grandma's birthday today. The fam went out for supper then we had everyone over for cake (which was great because otherwise me and my mom would have had to eat a whole cake ourselves...I think that's a bad thing?)  The cake was good and everyone was fairly impressed.  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
ostera15
« Reply #3494 on: May 29, 2010 01:35:13 AM »

I've been making fabric bowls over the past few days and after my first one, full of mistakes, I developed a new addiction. I made two more bowls and then "had" to make lots of coasters. And now I'm out of rope.  Wink

The learner bowl:

Two shots of the other bowls:

Coasters:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #3495 on: May 29, 2010 07:05:43 AM »

LOVE those fabric bowls!  I have been lusting after these for quite sometime Smiley  I gotta learn how to make them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
cassandra
« Reply #3496 on: May 29, 2010 07:25:01 AM »

Ohhhh I will have to find the tutorial for those bowls...pretty neat.

I've been lagging and I don't remember if I posted it here or on the frug a long thread but I really havent been feeling good.  My youngest has gone to my mom and I have a Deftones concert tomorrow night so I HAVE to get the skull shirt on my list made...it was originally for the TOOL concert next month but I might as well give it a whirl at Deftones...I'm hoping I can make it through the concert, I'm pretty sure the adrenaline will keep me going.  I hope once I get started on the shirt tonight I will get in the mood and get at least another thing or two made.  I will not have either child next week so surely I can get something done then! LOL.  My babysitter has cancer and her chemo is treating her bad so she is unable to watch my children.  Baby is at my mom and dads right now and m y oldest will join him on Sunday. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #3497 on: May 29, 2010 07:56:30 AM »

cool stuff ostera15   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fishstix43

Crafting is a state of mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 29, 2010 10:22:59 AM »

I love those bowls, and that you adapted them to coasters!  I found some of the rope to make those at Goodwill last time I was there, so they're definitely on my list when I get home.  I'm on vacation with my boyfriend's family right now, but I honestly am just as excited for going home!  I scored majorly on supplies from the Givers and Needers swap, and from townwide yard sales the weekend before I left.  Which is why I'm making my June minilist probably over-ambitious...

Projects for June:
1. Blue Knitted scarf (not on 50 list, but I'm including it here anyway)
2. Make an apron
3. Fabric bowls
4. Resin spoons
5. Make A-line dress out of polka dot fabric

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but that's a start at least!  Also, my grand total for May (since I know I won't be finishing anything else here)  is 4 total projects (no big projects).   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

envirocraft
« Reply #3499 on: May 29, 2010 11:27:46 AM »

Here's the cake I made!!

It was my first time with fondant.  All my mishaps are documented on my blog (siggy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Modern Calligraphy
How to Learn Calligraphy
How to Choose a Calligraphy Brush
How to Do Calligraphy Flourishing
How to Find Calligraphy Courses
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...