A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 300249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3370 on: May 19, 2010 08:31:07 PM »

It will be a mess again, but I plan on an organized mess as well! Cheesy

pinokeeo--can't wait to see your floppy disk project--I work for a computer software company and have boxes of those...I shipped several boxes to various people who make stuff but I have never seen a briefcase! I bet it will be so innovative!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Britness
« Reply #3371 on: May 19, 2010 09:14:28 PM »

kwiltykate, I love that cupcake purse!! So cute!

Waggonswest, your quilt is beautiful! Keep up the good work!

Bethieb, your shrink plastic necklace is great! I love that you used recycled plastic!

always, OMG your craft room looks awesome! A huge weight off your shoulders I'm sure. Oh, and to reply to your post a page or so back...Yes, it does seem I'm on kind of a garden kick...and I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out! Hahaha!

Ok, so yesterday and today were busy busy crafting days for me. I crafted for about 3 hours yesterday and 8 hours today!! Of course with little breaks to feed myself and the kiddos  Wink  I really got alot done.

First, I know I've already posted these but I added labels  Grin
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af6/SharLaMarz/P1020862.jpg

I just made some of that bath salt and scrubs too, Forgot to add it to my list too!
Peppermint,Citrus and Lavender

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010 06:25:10 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: removed pics inside quotes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: May 19, 2010 09:27:32 PM »

always, I did use a template for the cake slices. I can post it if anyone is interested. I printed the template on all 12 sheets of cardstock, then I scored where the dotted lines were printed and folded and glued accordingly so the lines would be on the inside.
I've been so productive mostly due to this thread (and the drawing hehehe). All these projects have come together so quickly because they're all for people that I'm going to see over the weekend. Which means I can hand them out in person and see their reactions, and I save on shipping costs  Grin. So it has been in the name of frugal-ness that I've been pumping out so many projects!
Thanks, I hope my mom likes all the spa goodies too. She never takes enough time to pamper herself so maybe these little gifts will help. I definitely love the labels! It makes them look finished.

pinokeeo, thanks. I love how it turned out. No, that wasn't my website...don't have one...but someday I tell ya.  Wink  I actually "borrowed" the idea from a seller on etsy.

My craft space is definitely an organized mess! Seriously, about half is organized and the other half is a mess! Hahaha! I do pretty much know where everything is so I guess it's not all that bad.

Britness, I love the smell of citrus. I think I will have to make another batch for myself and use citrus oils. Yum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3373 on: May 19, 2010 09:51:46 PM »

I really love that cake box ! I hope you get a finished pic with all the goodies on top!

In response to q's on my flower pins... They are wedding favors, to be put away for who knows when, since I'm still waiting. But, this kind of thing would never be made if there actually was a date, since there is so much time involved. So, I feel very satisfied. I am working on other kinds of party crafts to put away as well. Not yet ready for photos yet.

One other thing I did today, was get some sourdough starter ready to mail to Wulf. It's been set out for 2 days, then put in plastic containers. Now, I'm going to add a suprise in that package. "Don't tell!"
There are a few extra containers, as 2 cups of starter yields a large bowl. I just may be trying to start something here. Sourdough pancakes are simply easy, and amazing!
I will be posting this on the cooking board soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ostera15
« Reply #3374 on: May 19, 2010 10:41:49 PM »

Love the bath goodies! And the cupcake bag, really wishing I could knit or crochet, with out throwing everthing across the room after a few minutes, after seeing all the great work everyone on here has done.

I managed to finish two more things,  two stenciled shirts for my son
and two Rapunzel scarves, one is an Xmas present the second one was because my "darling" daughter just had to have one too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3375 on: May 19, 2010 11:57:23 PM »

I have to add to my list!!!  I want a tube top, but a really long one that will go down over my belly and cover the top of my jeans, to hide any incidental exposures when I bend over, lol.  I saw one over on the curvy craftsters board and now I am dying to get my hands on some fabric and whip one out!

Are you kidding, SharLaMarz??!!  You're amazing!  Look at all those completed projects!  Also, I just have to say something very random here - thank you for posting a pic of your towels under the needle on your machine.  I have been practicing machine embroidery and not getting very far.  After seeing your pic I realized I've been putting my fabric in wrong!!  I was going side to side instead of up and down, lol...now I am quite sure I will be parked in front of my sewing machine tomorrow!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3376 on: May 20, 2010 06:31:41 AM »

I love rapunzel scarves!  I want to join the swap to get more yarn for one!

sharlamarz--I would love the template...just when KLKing posted it, I realized that the top could be decorated just like a cake and I was so excited!  I am a crappy cook, but I love the decorated cakes I see on here...I could decorate a fake cake!! Cheesy

hee hee Wulf is so lucky to get a surprise and the sourdough starter...love it that he cooks and crafts...yummy sourdough pancakes!!!

britness--looks like you are putting together an awesome package of some sort...?  I love citrus smells..they are my new favorite smell and taste (citron green tea is awesome!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: May 20, 2010 08:45:35 AM »

KLKing, thanks! I'm bringing my camera with me and I told hubby to remind me to take pics so we'll cross our fingers. Hahaha

ostera15, thank you. I hope my mom loves them too.  Smiley

BethieB, thanks for the compliments. Now, about the machine embroidery. The only reason I had my fabric like that was because the design was too large to put it in my hoop side to side. The other towels I did were side to side because it was a shorter name. Also, I have a machine that does the embroidery for me, I dont move the hoop or anything. It hooks up to my computer and I design what I want embroidered, then I hoop my fabric and attach it to the machine and press start. The hardest part is picking out a thread color. lol. I really admire people who machine embroider (by hand) and hand embroiderers. But I can't do it to save my life....and the machine is way faster! lol. The longer of the two names took about ten minutes to embroider. My machine is a Singer Futura if anyone is interested.

alwaysinmyroom, here is the template. I can't remember for the life of me where I found it. I think it was a free template site. Like I said before I printed each one to a full page of cardstock and scored on the dotted lines so they fold to the inside. The bottom and right tabs get glue and a slit up top so the box can open and close. Super simple.

I'm thinking I may put some shredded paper (basket filler) on top to look like frosting. Nothing too fancy since a bunch of kids are going to take it apart. Haha
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010 08:05:57 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3378 on: May 20, 2010 09:09:14 AM »

Here's the website for the cake box, and some other clever things.

http://www.easypapercrafts.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3379 on: May 20, 2010 09:26:37 AM »

Thanks for the paper site link, Pinokeeo! I added it to my favorites bar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Anna Sui Fall 2014
How to Do a True Bold Lip
Meet Allure 2014 Beauty Blogger Awards Finalist Ivy Boyd
Meet Allure 2014 Beauty Blogger Awards Finalist Nicci Gilland
Meet Allure 2014 Beauty Blogger Awards Finalist Alyssa Wallace
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...