A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 298293 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3060 on: May 04, 2010 06:37:48 AM »

I have a similar bag pattern that I actually place two pieces of fabric together wrong sides together and sew with the seams on the outside...then overlock them with rainbow thread--I like the look and it is super fast...I like lining with ripstop nylon to prevent leaks and to clean easily as well...a very fast project and I make them so they roll up and can be tossed in my purse or the car!  The thin fabric works great for them along with the nylon lining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3061 on: May 04, 2010 06:59:01 AM »

I had made someone some singlet bags in a swap last year.. she had some in her wists that rolled up and tied.  I really need to add adding ties to all of my singlet grocery bags to my to do list... I have a few things that need to be added - like making the examples for the library sewing classes this summer (ipod cozy and wristlets and things like that) and altering more dish cloths... I should make a box for Saturday's Sewing Saturday Group....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
soorawn
« Reply #3062 on: May 04, 2010 11:05:56 AM »

Cursive queen, that quilt is lovely!  I really like how you arranged the colours and all.  Maybe the receiver is waiting to tell you something in person, because it's such an awesome present.

I like the tooth fairy pillow too.  And -oh, my-  is that Buddha playing the guitar?  That fabric is cool!

Ok, modifying not to double post.  I've finally got to update my project list.

Finished projects in bold:

1.   Finish a dress for a friend
2.   A gym bag for my significant one. 
3.   Pajama pants.
4.   Pajama top.

5.   Red velvet top.
6.   Cream velvet top.
7.   Suit - WIP. Skirt done and counted. 
8.   Coat.  I want one of those lovely things with wide skirts and fitted at the waist.  But this'll probably be one of my last projects, since I have a fairly new coat already...
9.   Trousers.  Two pairs at least along the year.
10.   Cross-stitch a bookmark and laminate it.
11.   Bag for meals, bento-style.  It'll probably be a handbag roomy enough for my lunches.
12.   Finish tute for my website.  It's a very detailed one... when I finish this, I'll explain better.  WIP.
13.   Finish red dress -WIP.  This is a lovely silk long dress I wanted for a dance.  I fell ill and couldn't finish it or go to the dance, and it's been hanging there in my wardrobe for ages, lacking lining and sleeves.  I think it's time to finish it!
14.   Summer blouse -got the most interesting pintucked fabric for it!
15.   Try making some undies.  I see a pattern here... it looks like everybody wants to try this 
16.   Shorts for sleeping.
17.   Corset.  Totally new at this.  One day I'll gather the courage to draft this pattern and go for it.
18.   Finish lace gloves - WIP.  I should have tried to make my first pair of gloves out of something solid    .  When I finish them they're going to look so smart, though.
19.   Doll.  A biggish one.  New skill to learn here.
20.   Ferret plush.  I found a pattern that looks way too cute not to do this! - WIP
21.   Backgammon board on glass.
22.   Backgammon tokens made of resin.
23.   Bag for backgammon.
24.   Handbag.  A really pretty, eye-turning, interesting one.  We'll see.
25.   Fix blue skirt.  It's a very long skirt that got caught in the bus doors and ripped.  The bottom has got a lot of lacey stuff though, so I have to cut carefully and redesign the whole hem.  I just cannot reconstruct the badly harmed old one.
26.   Make some new magazine holders out of PC, or mend the old ones.
27.   Rack for DVDs.  Probably out of hard cardboard that I'll line with something.
28.   Finish Anna Sui skirt.
29.   Make some paper.
30.   Goldwork embroidery - WIP.
31.   Fused work doily.
32.   Bracelet.
33.   Wallet for pills.
34.   Tudor rose bag.
35.   Wallet for WW pass & card and a
36.   storage folder for those weekly booklets full of nice recipes.
37.   Little bucket for my yarn in use: Italian embroidery.
38.   Shower mitt.
39.   Knit headband.
40.   Items for swap.
41.   Items for swap.
42.   Felted slippers.
43.   Shower mitt and headband for mother.
44.   Lace scarf for mother.
45.   Bag for mother.
46.   Mobile cozies and wristrest.
47.   Health diary.

This simple notebook project is to track my health during this month and show it to the doctor next time I see it.  Maybe it'll help him find out what's going on.  It makes recording this stuff really quick and easy and in an organised, clear way, so I am happy I took the time to make it.  This is an April project, by the way.
48.   Tribble.

This is a newly finished thing!  I've tried it and yes, it works very well to wash the dishes Cheesy  Now I have to find out how to close the sides properly.
The horrible looking thing on top is the wristrest of nr. 46.  It doesn't deserve a pic of it's own, stylistically speaking, but it makes an excellent substitute for my recently deceased gel one; and it cost me next to nothing!  Very nice feeling.
49.   Sweater.  This will be my first knitted sweater.  Im casting on tonight!
50.   Socks.  When I figure out how to work the heel.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010 11:33:32 AM by soorawn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3063 on: May 04, 2010 12:59:34 PM »

soorawn - your health notebook is such a great idea!  I was just telling my husband last night that I need to do something like this, it seems like I am getting worse and worse with migraines, sick stomach days, etc.  Can I ask what you included on your printed pages?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
soorawn
« Reply #3064 on: May 04, 2010 01:17:33 PM »

Sure!  I listed the main problems I have:  I feel tired a lot, my body hurts all the time, lately I feel too sleepy and I am having temperatures often.  The doctor says it's all because I am depressed.  I say I am depressed because my body hurts all the time now.  So I include my mood.  I prepared a grid in Word with the fields "tired", "pain", "sleepy", "temp" and "mood" and another one for notes (for if there's something I would like to remark about the day).  I made four per page, so the notebook is about size A6, which is more than enough.  And if I had extra stuff to write down, I can use the back of the page.  I forgot to include a field for the date, but I just write it there at the top.
You could make a list of the unusual symptoms you're having yourself.  To record them, I just check or cross the spaces - I've made boxes for the morning, afternoon, and evening.  In the notes box I can write also if I've slept badly during the night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3065 on: May 04, 2010 01:21:47 PM »

What a great idea soorawn!  Nowadays you almost have to be your own medical detective!!  It would also help to see if it is a pattern of some sort...I know I would have the weather that day (I have arthritis flares so weather is important, I know!)...what my stress level was and what was causing stress...maybe if I ate something new...I think it could be modified to record what you need!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #3066 on: May 04, 2010 01:24:19 PM »

Definitely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

envirocraft
« Reply #3067 on: May 04, 2010 01:55:14 PM »

I just entered my Challenge Project for May!  I had planned to do every Craftster monthly challenge, but I haven't liked any of them since January! lol

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=346411.msg4032821#msg4032821

Thanks for looking!

One more of my 50 done!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010 02:03:13 PM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: insert link to actual post » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #3068 on: May 04, 2010 02:49:44 PM »

OK....so I caved and took a pic of my newest button creation...I SO want to show it off, I think it may be my fave one to date, even more than the rainbow...mainly because of the professional framing job I did with it.  Bought a document frame with mat for $7 at Big Lots for another item that ended up being too large for the opening, so I just had this one tucked in the closet.

And here is my newest fave necklace Smiley  I really like how all the blues work together, silver beads are just plastic plated-look.  Carved tribal beads came to me in a swap package quite a while ago, I think they are wood??

So, I'm 31/56 now....still working OUTSIDE my list Tongue  LOL!  I'm working though, and that's what counts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
envirocraft
« Reply #3069 on: May 04, 2010 02:54:15 PM »

LOVE the seahorse button art! I think it's the colors.  They're to die for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Personalize Your Stuffing
How to Make Hawaiian Pulled Pork
Grilled Minas Cheese with Pesto Sauce Recipe
The Future of the New York Food Scene
How to BBQ Lamb Burgers with Mountain Gorgonzola
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...