A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,781
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 400709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3020 on: May 02, 2010 12:47:57 PM »

I personally think you can change/alter/update your list as long as you keep on crafting.
I totally forgot to add a tooth fairy pillow to my list originally and now it's there.  My list is ridiculously long but then I've always been known for trying to do more things than any person should ever try to do at once lol.

Okay. Back to the tooth fairy pillow - his tooth is out so I'm on a deadline now!!
And to finish up my wallet.  I will probably make a tutorial for it and probably should from the get go since now I'm sure I'll be asked to make one... and I won't be prepared lol.  Maybe I need to add "make a tutorial for kicking wallet I'm creating" to my list....

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
« Reply #3021 on: May 02, 2010 12:52:23 PM »

Ooooh!  I'll have to work hard, that draw looks interesting! Cheesy

Ah, yes, Purple... I've shopped at Paperchase a couple of times, when I want something special.  But I tend to avoid that shop otherwise later I leave a drool track from the shop to my home.

Next time I go to Taunton I'll have to look for that yarn shop.  I only know three here; one hasn't got much stuff, the other is too expensive, and my favourite opens only in the morning. Argh!  Why do I always choose hobbies with handicaps?

I'm really getting hooked to knitting, see.  In less than two months, I've put together a little collection of practice items... and my piece de resistance, which I am going to link.  I finished it yesterday, only to find I couldn't post the pics!

I'm deliriously happy with the results.  I think I'll ask my nephew to take a photo of my mother opening the package.

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Sera unravled
« Reply #3022 on: May 02, 2010 01:09:53 PM »

friendly---I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.  My mom's cat died in september, we didn't even know what was wrong with him.

Always---You're totally awesome!!!  I think that may will be my busiest month. lol

I've never really had a list, I just make things that I want to at that moment.  I just finished another item, it's an embroidered T-shirt.

Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: May 02, 2010 01:23:53 PM »

Wow Always! How fun! That will be a great incentive for us all to get more accomplished.

May mini List:
1.Bath products for a spa gift basket for my mom and MIL (Any suggestions for easy salt/sugar scrubs would be appreciated) Cheesy
2.Gift for my niece's 2nd birthday....hoodie towels maybe, and boo-boo bunny
3.Balloon centerpiece/bouquet for her party
4.June Birthday gift for hubby....an eye mask so he can sleep in, and something else....he's a hard one to craft and buy for
5.Work on Loaded charm bracelet swap, I <3 OWLS swap, and Disney swap. I will count some projects seperately depending on how large or how long they take.
6.June Birthday gift for brother: plushie
7.Haunted Dollhouse. I didn't get to really work on it in April, though I did buy some scrapbook paper that hopefully will make good wallpaper
8.Garden art. It's still a bit too cold here to start gardening so I have a little more time to work on things. Still searching for a bowling ball too....

I hope May is a productive month for everyone! Good luck!

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3024 on: May 02, 2010 01:40:27 PM »

Oh boy, I missed so much! I think the last time I posted was in March or something? February? Poor me, now I have to upload all of the stuff I've been doing, and poor everybody else... But we all really love pics, don't we? And I had to check my list, I changed and added some stuff (WILL make it to fifty somehow, but I won't manage the original projects, I bet). And I just found out I'm no good at either counting or numbering, so I had to fix that, as well...
I need to get pictures of the baby stuff from my brother, I forgot to take them myself (boring without baby, anyway).

already posted
recent stuff

1. earrings (made 12 pair on Jan 1)

2. baby ball (puzzle ball)

3. hooded towel for my new nephew morphed into a hooded blanket (the amy butler little stitches pattern) but I'm still waiting for pictures - I used two different hues of creamy/milky white cotton

4. baby blanket with name (requested)

5. baby Blocks

6. Sackboy (from sweater?)

7. baby pillow with Marvin

8. iron-on XKCD Onesie & wild things shirt (again no pics yet, but I used this XKCD comic on a tiny onesie
http://xkcd.com/441/ and the shirt just has the one wide picture from the book where Max and the Wild Things are all hanging in the trees

9. taggieblanket for friend's daughter: very wonky, but I love the colours, and the friend and the baby seemed to like it just fine (the little one made several efforts to eat it right away)

10. Marvin/HG2G towel for DH

11. necklace set purple

12. necklace, earrings & bracelet black & teal / green and teal - beads from Creativa craft fair

13. zipper pouch for my maid of honour (like mine from last year... only this time i followed a tutorial!)

14. earrings black rose w/ crystal rondel (find rondels...)

15. earrings aqua w/ rondel

16. necklace pink & black & purple with bracelet & earrings ( I lost an earring already). I love this!

17. with the rest of those beads: brown & cream bracelet & earrings (With the single one. I need to tidy my stuff!)

18. butterfly bracelet (Ju)

19. simple, plain, black necklace (Ma)

20. Beading: use Goldfluss blau

21. Beading: use mother of pearl

22. Fimo cane Baseball (Sa)

23. Fimo cane Marvin (DH/self)

24. crochet potholders more cream, orange & green (footie colours) w/ buttonhole-hangers (no loops)

25. crochet potholders Baseball (Sa)

26. crochet Marvin (detachable arm!)

27. butterfly necklace teal/gold (new design)

28. PJs - iron on transfers on oldish PJ tops: XKCD & nichtlustig.de. They sell lots of great stuff on both websites, but money ist very tight right now and I need larger sizes, anyway, so I used these pictures:
rough Yeti-translation:
- this is really weird. we put ever so much snow into the snowglobe, but no matter how hard I shake, it just won't snow.
- i didn't know you could blush with fur

29. PJs - Werder Bremen

30. T-shirt to skirt for summer (definitely black)

31. T-shirt to skirt for summer (maybe teal or very dark purple, but has to go with dark blue)

32. needlebook / embroidery kit

33. UFO recycle ugly handbag (lining/closure!)

34. bed caddy for iPod (2)

35. reading pillow (DH)

36. reading pillow (me)

37. Van Gogh cross stitch

38. earstuds with buttons "sewn on"

39. UFO - zipper bag with button flowers (have the stuff already laid aside for about a year)

40. red felt bag for friend (Fl)

41. leather organizer

42. leather bookcover

43. leather handbag or wallet (let's see how the other 2 turn out first)

44. knitted legwarmers

45. UFO - finish scarf and hat in purple

46. UFO - finish scarf and hat in grey

47. UFO - beaded (cross) stitch Mn's Klint

48. cross stitch for MIL (Van Gogh Caf)

49. embroider flowers/vines on cream pullover (take in side seams first!)

50. necklace kit for DH (I'll do the start & finish, he will do the actual beading - and I'll be the one wearing it!)

51. crocheted potholders blue w/ buttonhole-hangers (no loops) for vice-mom's b-day (that's what she wanted! the colours match her kitchen)

52. painted poem for coworker P - might be doing one for myself, but with different colours and a different poem. this was the german translation of "I had a dream" ("Footprints") by Margaret Fishback Powers. The background is my desk at this time...

53. blue set necklace & bracelet for coworker Su (birthday gift for her mom) Su

54. celtic knot necklace for same coworker Su

55. was UFO from 2009: crocheted potholders cream/light green

56. purple jersey summer dress

57. veeery chunky bracelet right after I came home from Creativa in March
with weird oilslickish spots on flat black beads

58. more chunky stuff - I fell in love with these beads, but my gosh, those earrings are heavy!

59. Aaand something I just finished: a very simple slim beaded necklace - again I bought those beads (4 tubes from 2 different booths) at Creativa especially with this in mind, and I was very lucky: I have exactly 11 beads (size 11 delicas) left over from probably a little less than 20 grams. The colour is really petrol/turquoise, not light blue or anything like that.

This is the longest I've made so far, nearly 60cm, wraps around my wrist 3 times. I put the purple (and it really really is purple, not brown!) with cream seedbead one I usually wear next to it to show off the different sizes. I just had to take the picture now in a hurry (and in the dark). My first May project! Took me about five hours, like the blue set from last week. I love beading these things.

60. dandelion top (don't know which kind yet, might try bleach painting)

61. beach tote or probably match sack for a friend (not that we'll ever get to any beaches together, but we go to the local swimming (pools?)); probably red

62. counting bracelet for swimming with said friend
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010 09:37:48 PM by anna.wahnsinn - Reason: added 2 more projects » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: May 02, 2010 01:46:15 PM »

My short list for May.

Angel for a swap
Try to make a briefcase from floppy disks (I finally have enough disks for this)
Decorate a wood recipe box for myself
Learn to weld
Increase my sales inventory (I'm $700 from my goal on this, it should count as two)
Complete random swap (Maybe two counts)
Get my garden completely planted (This should also be two counts)
Make bulletin board for office

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 122 done

Just married...after 22 years of unwedded bliss.
« Reply #3026 on: May 02, 2010 01:49:57 PM »

Is that going to be a big welder, or a small one?  I use a welder sometimes which is just bigger than a pencil, for small repairs and for crafting.  I miss my glass painting material :C

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: May 02, 2010 01:54:05 PM »

I don't know what it entails.  All I know is that I have to have propane and oxygen, and goggles.

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 122 done

Just married...after 22 years of unwedded bliss.
« Reply #3028 on: May 02, 2010 02:06:28 PM »

Wow Always, that sounds great! I'm super motivated now!! Good thing I have lots of time on my hands now! Off to make a goal list...

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

« Reply #3029 on: May 02, 2010 02:10:10 PM »

I don't know what it entails.  All I know is that I have to have propane and oxygen, and goggles.

Er... a big, big one.
Do it outdoors.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Expert Secrets to Applying Foundation Perfectly Every Time
Kylie Jenner Reveals Her Surprisingly Affordable Travel Beauty Bag
Three Steps to the Perfect Holiday Look
A Time-Saving Duo for Fresh-Faced Beauty
Fall Night Out Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...