A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 303893 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

envirocraft
« Reply #2830 on: April 20, 2010 01:48:51 PM »

I finally got around to making electrical jewelry!  Yay!  I finished 2 pairs of earrings.  Here's the link:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=345035.0

Additionally, I picked up fabric from my friends mom!! 3 boxes and 1 box of patterns! Heaven!  My  mom gave me that "you're bringing more stuff home?  And where do you plan to keep it" look that I'm sure other people also get, maybe from husbands/boyfriends, etc.  My boyfriend is happy about it, i think it might be different if it were at his house! Lol

(me and my new boxes!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2831 on: April 20, 2010 02:08:19 PM »

I am not looking at your pic...must resist drooling...btw--your earrings turned out fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
envirocraft
« Reply #2832 on: April 20, 2010 03:12:00 PM »

Thanks Always!  As to answer your questions about electrical jewelry, a while ago you had asked about safety:  They're completely safe (maybe wire ends might be pokey) but you want to stay away from used parts that have been soldered, most solder used in industry contains lead.  And I just made them this afternoon, so I haven't had a chance to test drive them yet!  I'll let you know what people think!  (I also have some nifty necklaces planned too! Can't wait to make them!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2833 on: April 20, 2010 03:14:37 PM »

keep us posted on the reaction and when you finish the necklaces--very unusual...and, recycled...mmmm my favorites
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
lydiaharper
« Reply #2834 on: April 20, 2010 05:01:52 PM »

1.Kids and I made BUTTER!

2. For SSS22 I made 5 sets of mama cloth. Here are a few:

3. Loom Knitted Wool Shorties for DD

4. Dotee for Swap-3 for swap and 1 for me

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #2835 on: April 20, 2010 05:23:43 PM »

Great balloon art!

I'm not sure what's up with the machine.  I took it to a highly recommended repairman to get a bobbin case and general overhaul, so it's squeaky clean.

I had to tighten up the (excuse my amatuer's lingo) disk inside the wheel on the right side, that turns when the pedal is pushed.  They weren't spinning together and the needle wasn't going up and down.

The dial that controls stitch length doesn't seem to be responding.  All the stitches were the same length regardless of setting.

I definitely need to figure out the tension.  I was working with a fairly thin material, but it was no problem with my old machine.  On this one I keep pulling threads perpendicular to the machine.  And I couldn't get a smooth stitch -- the top and bottom threads kept bunching up.  Will replace the bobbin and keep playing with fabric and tension.

But the biggest problem was that the feet didn't seem to be feeding the material evenly -- sometimes not at all.

When I picked it up the repairman had a strip of fairly stiff fabric still in the machine; it looked like he'd tested various stitiches and lengths.

So maybe I just keep need to playing around with it.  And hand-sewing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Deeder
« Reply #2836 on: April 20, 2010 05:26:28 PM »

guineverefree: Congratulations!!! Being a mom is the coolest thing ever!!!

After checking out a few sites (I just googled "cloth diaper pattern") and reading about construction, I ended up tracing a fitted cloth diaper that I got as a shower present. I pretty much followed the instructions with this pattern but don't bother with the pattern itself. The infant size is way too big. I was thinking about writing a tute, I'll let you know if that happens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #2837 on: April 20, 2010 05:26:49 PM »

1. sew blanket for my mom march
2. crochet cookie change purse
3. crochet a granny square skirt
4. make a pair of fingerless glove just for me
5. crochet a blanket using different squares
6. pizza earrings and stitch markers  march
7. heart buttons  march
8. cupcake purse pink march
9. cupcake purse blue  march
10. chunky cowl  march
11. couple with food  march
12. cat toy  april
13. totes april
14. purple flower vine  april
15. mugs  april
16. bowl of ice cream  april
17. burger  april
18. salad april
19.blt with cheese  april
20. Baby booties  april
21. Baby hat april

« Last Edit: April 21, 2010 07:22:24 AM by that1girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2838 on: April 20, 2010 06:21:50 PM »

Awwww!  Cute booties!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 20, 2010 10:06:37 PM »

Yarnorfabric, thanks! I love how my balloons turned out. I looked at the dollar store today for some more balloons with no luck. Our store doesn't have much of a selection of anything though. lol. I will try at another dollar store out of town next time I'm up that way.

LydiaHarper, Thanks alot. I loved the bike the best too. It was the only one that was a bit of a challenge. It was hard making the wheels stay. I love your dotees! So cute!

Alwaysinmyroom, thanks! I felt like I was working a birthday party I made so many! lol. My MIL says she's going to rent me out for parties! lol!! I was shocked about the kitty ears too. Everyone who walked by commented on how cute they were, but no takers. I think they would do better at the county fair or craft fairs. I will keep trying! I'm actually kind of glad they didn't sell though. I started having problems with the ear part coming off of the barrettes. I guess I need a better glue. I used tacky glue. Any suggestions?? I was thinking super glue...lol. But that would get expensive. The barrettes aren't just metal. They have a soft plastic type coating on them. Any help finding better glue would be appreciated.  Grin

lvagrovegirl, I'd love to see pics of your dress.

envirocraft, I love your earrings! And I'm so jealous that you got new goodies! Have fun!!

yofi, thanks! It was so fun! Sorry about the problems with your machine. Cry  It's a bummer when tools don't work properly.

That1girl, I'm lovin' the booties and hat! The color is fab! Great job!

Today I decided to make a loaded charm bracelet. I was going to join the loaded charm bracelet swap but decided not to since I had never made one before. But I'm ready for the next round I think! I love how it turned out. Is it "loaded" enough? I wasn't sure what else to add. Oh, and it was made completely from stash! Yay!

Well that's two days in a row I've tried two different projects. I'm on a roll! Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Happy crafting to all!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Rise of Jazz Age Manhattan
Denise Kiernan on Life in the Manhattan Project’s Secret Cities
Cohabitate and Live Longer
Long-Term Effects of the Airport Backscatter
Gloucester Inspires Novel: Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...