A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 303,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 387841 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2540 on: April 02, 2010 12:56:35 PM »

Okay.  I'm giving up on the toothbrush rug tutorial for the moment, until I can figure out how to film it better.

My mini list for today is just to get the stinking sewing machine out and sew something, anything!!  Even if it's just one stinkin seam...which of course will lead to more...lol.

That, and also do a page or at least one thing in my art journal.

Also, planning on researching vertical placed patchwork skirts...don't think that's anywhere close to what you'd call it, but I know what I mean.  Instead of squares you use strips going up and down.  And for mine, I'm just going to add a solid waistband with a drawstring, so I don't have to worry about the strips being in the way or not lining up or whatever.   Cheesy

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
« Reply #2541 on: April 02, 2010 01:41:25 PM »

Always- I am making them twirly. I am actually using that broomstick skirt tute that was featured here, I just busted out some math skills for the squares. I am using elastic waistbands and since it will be twirly, it is more than wide enough in the hip area.

Interested in personal swaps!

Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 02, 2010 05:59:50 PM »

Yes, BethieB. Definitely try the John Deere stencil. It was super simple and turned out great. And a list for the day is a great idea. Gotta keep yourself motivated!

Thanks for the advice pinokeeo. I live in a really rural area and have been searching for miniature shops with no success. I think I will have to do all my research and book buying online. Hopefully I don't burn the dollhouse down. lol.

Casey1201, toilet paper roll pots? That sounds really interesting. Maybe something I could do with my kiddos. Would you mind elaborating a bit or maybe posting some pics? thanks. Also, I'm going to be building some raised flower beds as well. Hubby and I are going to be fencing in a 50'x50' garden. We have to fence it in because of the deer, and we need the raised flower beds because we live on a lava cap. Nothing but rocks! I will post pics when we start it up. It will be awhile though because we are getting pounded with rain and snow at the moment.

Ariethine, where did you find that many zippers for such a great price? I found some at a local thrift store for 15 cents each. Buying in bulk is the best!

KLKing , can't wait to see those crocheted broaches

Always, I have some John Deere fabric that you just reminded me of! Maybe I will make pillows for hubby. I have a short kimono robe that I got in San Francisco and I love it. Only word of advice, don't cook while wearing it...trust me. lol

Well I myself haven't done much in the last couple of days. My 5yo dd has been sick at home since Wednesday. I had to take her to the ER yesterday and she has a double ear infection and pneumonia. She's doing better today thank goodness. We did a craft together and I think crafting is the best medicine. Grin

Keep up the good work everyone

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2543 on: April 02, 2010 06:26:36 PM »

SharLaMarz--over on the Frugalong Thread, we discussed TP roll seed starters!  What a great idea to get your garden going a bit early!

And, lilmissdangerous started a  John Deer craftalong Cheesy

I make a yukata every few years...yeah--with the long sleeves and all...perfect for lounging around drinking coffee in the hot months! sort of built in air conditioning Wink  yeah, not a good idea to wear while cooking, which I don't do anyway!

Ok--back to making cards...

« Reply #2544 on: April 02, 2010 07:55:42 PM »

I've gotten three more things on my list done.
2 quilts for kids, one used up a lot of the butterfly fabric http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=340140.msg3987925#msg3987925

And my daughters kitty shelf sitter:

So I'm almost 1/2 done with my 50, but I know this summer, due to moving, I wont be able to do much crafting, so I gotta get ahead!

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2545 on: April 02, 2010 09:31:18 PM »

This morning I beaded a few crochet flowers before I left for work. The beading is ifferent on all, since I'm still trying to figure out the best look. I'll post some after I get some leaves on them.
  Should I use felt, folded fabric, or pre-made white floral supply leaves? anyone have a sense of what will look best? Tomorrow I plan to get some shopping done, and a few supplies are on my list.
Hooray for a paycheck!!!
I drew up a few tiny sketches on the bus this morning, and have a couple solid ideas on how to use a special piece of silk "My Special Friend" sent me!

« Reply #2546 on: April 03, 2010 01:15:46 AM »

organza or saten? 

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2547 on: April 03, 2010 04:16:54 AM »

I'm nearly all packed up to go to my sewing group today - Today is our monthly sew in..!
I'm planning on making yet more criss cross coasters - They keep disappearing so I must make more. They're a great warm up pattern to if you ask me!

Then I'll be working on a tote bag for a teacher gift then hopefully working on (cross my fingers that I finish) a quilt top for another teacher gift.  I have yet to decide what pattern to use... I brought a few with me. Something will click when I lay out all those red, whites and blacks!!

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
« Reply #2548 on: April 03, 2010 08:39:29 AM »

Finished piecing my second quilt for kids (from my stash) all I have to do is  quilt it, so hopefully I can send both on monday.  I feel bad it took me so long.
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2549 on: April 03, 2010 08:47:28 AM »

I have not even started mine...at lease you are doing them...they will still be much appreciated, so don't worry!!

I am trying to do something different today so I can get back to sewing...I am making notecards for myself and my sister...I got some lovelies in a swap and so I am inspired--plus, I really want some new paper so I need to use some up--sent some off to a newbie craftster to build her stash (hey, the more the merrier! I love enabling future hoarders of craft supplies Smiley )

Also, too nice to stay in, so I will be working in the garden today and tomorrow...

have fun all!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 15/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 12/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 11/15
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 10/15
How to Crochet a Lazy Wave Chevron Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...