A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 298280 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2000 on: March 03, 2010 08:53:49 PM »

Awwwww!  I can't wait to see the finished product!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2001 on: March 03, 2010 08:54:47 PM »

uh--wow...you should be proud of that one! Your images turned out great (transfer paper?)....love the random scrappy cuts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: March 03, 2010 11:37:21 PM »

That quilt is so neat waggonswest, I love the magical fact that you can transfer images onto fabric! It's almost beyond me, I want to try it so bad, but my quilting skills are so green, they need to make a level before beginners.

I worked tirelessly today to finish my parents Anniversary gift  Smiley(it was last Sunday the 28th). They celebrated their 24th this year. I want to throw them a special party for their Silver Ann next year, but didn't want to completely blow this one off. So, I painted a picture of them instead.  I contemplated what picture to use for almost 5 months, because they both hate getting their picture taken, so I tried to make it as flattering as possible. This is my first attempt at a canvas/acrylic painting so please keep that in mind. Here we go:

27. Paint a portrait of my parents and frame it for them for their 24th Ann

Here is the painting, I chose colors that were a little neutral and would fit with my mom's decor.

These are the original picture and how I tried to eliminate the unflattering shadows and "chins" as my mom would say. Undecided

How did I do? Comments and critique are very welcome. I am super proud of my self, but know that I have a long way to go, since I can't remember crap from art class from 15 years ago. Thanks for looking! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #2003 on: March 04, 2010 12:47:35 AM »

supermedic I love the colours of that beret. lovely style too.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2004 on: March 04, 2010 05:36:07 AM »

The quilt is FABULOUS. I love the colors all together.

Your parent protrait is wonderful. What a special gift. I would cherish something like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tlh878
« Reply #2005 on: March 04, 2010 05:39:12 AM »

You guys rock.  I keep reading about all of the projects you are completing.   It is motivating me to get some things done.  Today I managed to finish the last blocks, trim them and get the core of the quilt stitched together.  All I have to do now is get the sashing cut and sewn on and then it is off to the quilter.  This project has been hanging over my head for a year and I am thrilled to be getting it out the door.    

WOW!! I love this.  The photos are great, and I *adore* the random nature of it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 07:21:53 AM by tlh878 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tlh878
« Reply #2006 on: March 04, 2010 05:41:25 AM »

I worked tirelessly today to finish my parents Anniversary gift  Smiley(it was last Sunday the 28th). They celebrated their 24th this year. I want to throw them a special party for their Silver Ann next year, but didn't want to completely blow this one off. So, I painted a picture of them instead.  I contemplated what picture to use for almost 5 months, because they both hate getting their picture taken, so I tried to make it as flattering as possible. This is my first attempt at a canvas/acrylic painting so please keep that in mind. Here we go:

How did I do? Comments and critique are very welcome. I am super proud of my self, but know that I have a long way to go, since I can't remember crap from art class from 15 years ago. Thanks for looking! Tongue

I am sure your parents will love this.  I think you did a great job of capturing your parents from that photo.  did you stencil it or was it painted freehand?  I am really impressed with your talent.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 07:21:19 AM by tlh878 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
waggonswest

« Reply #2007 on: March 04, 2010 06:44:11 AM »

V3  what a great painting.  I'm sure your parents are going to love itl 

As far as quilting goes...   Frustrated with my first efforts and aware of my complete lack of practical knowledge about quilting I took my first half finished top to a quilt shop for help.  A very wise woman there told me "Just finish it up and move on, deary.  Don't give up or quit because this one isn't perfect.  Take what you've learned and apply it to the next one."  If she hadn't given me 'permission' to make mistakes and move on, I probably would still have that top in my UFO pile and I wouldn't have tried any more.  I can't say that my technique has improved much since then.  But I have learned to create my own chaotic patterns where mismatched corners and cut points look like I intended that all along.  And I still treasure that first comforter mismatched corners and all.  So just dive in. 

And with your talent, you should use fabric paint and paint your squares! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2008 on: March 04, 2010 07:02:34 AM »

If I were your parents and you gave me that, I would break down and cry...what a personal gift from their gifted child..oh no..choking up just thinking about it....

waggon-I am glad that you did not get discouraged by the "rules" of quilting...there are places that teach around me (Amish country)...that are so discouraging if you don't do it "right"...I teach the same way...get it done, learn from it, move on, improve and do it your way with passion!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2009 on: March 04, 2010 07:45:34 AM »

In sewing and quilting there are no mistakes only lessons learned along the way Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crab Cakes Recipe
Food Network Star Dishes on Dirty Restaurants
How to Make the Perfect 8 A.M. Burger
How to Make the Perfect Cheeseburger
Cooking Mac and Cheese With Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...