So the challenge for the new year on www.craftster.org
is to make 50 new projects over the course of the year. However, I think I can do at least 1 project per week if not more and this will give me a task to complete throughout the year so instead of doing 108 projects (which would be 2 per week), I decided I'd try to do something kind of in the middle.
I will post pictures while I make and (hopefully finish them). This isn't for anyone except me but I hope that this maybe inspires people to want to make things too. If you do feel moved to make a craft list/challenge for the 2010 year, please let me know and I will help you if I can! Crafty people unite!
Here's my list:
1. Help make/alter/adjust my SIL wedding dress.
2. Make 1 outfit for Kayla's expectant little one for each different stage of growth (eg, 1 Newborn outfit, 1 0-3 month outfit, 1 3-6 month outfit, etc...)
3. Make 1 outfit for Tess' expectant little one as well! (So many new babies, yay!
4. Make taggie blankets for the new babies in my life.
5. Make a OSU Buckeyes duct tape wallet for David.
6. Make 2 dressforms (one for me and one for Tess) out of duct tape and an old t-shirt (hopefully both will be completed next Saturday...
7. Couch cover for Tess' couch to cover what the dogs tore up. Done! Kind of cool how we got all our supplies from the thrift store! Spent less than $10 for a new Buckeye Couch for Tess and Aj's living room! How cool is that?
8. Cricut bag/covering for my newest toy! Done!
9. Make my very own, very first altered journal/hand sewn hardback book.
10. Try my hand at making my own underwear (I know, different right? but I thought it might be fun and interesting to at least try. I could probably stand to make some of my own bras too..)
11. Half a dozen cupcake pincushions. (these are so cute and decorative that I HAVE to make some!)
12. A semi/formal dress for myself (I am really liking the steampunk stuff that's out there now but I also like some of the lolita designs. I haven't decided what I really want to do yet but I will post some pics and get ideas/ feedback...)
13. Design my own deck of cards. Is anyone tired of the plain old generic kind?? They're not very attractive.
14. Make myself a few book totes!! I love the library and I'm in there almost 3 times a week so I might as well make something cool and fun to enjoy my time there even more! Also, I'm wanting to revamp/patch up the current canvas totes and bags we own- the store bought ones are so plain but sturdy so why not jazz them up?
15. DIY my desk (My only REAL crafting space/computer space/office space.) Into an efficient, inspiring, ORGANIZED haven!
16. I want to make myself a tiny top-hat. I LOVE hats & I want to try my hand at that- anyone know where I could start?
17. Make at least TWO items of clothing or bags from my selection of patterns.
18. Make a funky sock monkey- I love them and I saw one at Wal-Mart for $5 the other day and although I could probably make it for about the same cost... it's not going to be as fulfilling for me to buy as it would be for me to make.
19. Make myself a petticoat. I LOVE poofy skirts, and I have a couple of skirts, but have nothing to hold them up with. (which would look good with my item number 12 and my top hat!)
20. Make a tampon/pad/pantyliner wallets because digging out those sort of things, and having to use them all beat up, and finding them at horrible times is... annoying? Embarrassing? Both? Cha.
21. Make a fun and punky steering wheel cover for my car and David's car. I found a really cute crocheted one that I liked (the bow is a bit over the top...but still cute...)
22. Perfect a slipper pattern of my own and make at least 1 pair of slippers using my new slipper pattern. I'm really getting into slippers, because I love knee socks and such, so I had my eye on sewn/crocheted slippers. I have a few ideas but I can always use more!
23. Make a lunch set for each of my middle school aged nieces and nephews: Place-mat (because they really don't clean the tables in schools. Bleh!) Sandwich wrap, reusable bags for snacks, and possibly find a cheap set of permanent plastic cutlery for him to use. It would save my mom a LOT of money on bags, and even plastic spoons and forks. My other brother is too young to think of not throwing containers away.
24. A pair of armwarmers of my own pattern. (Don't really write up patterns.) So I want some that go up to where my forearm meets my elbow.
25. Challenge to myself. Make and sell at least 10 crafts. Anybody want something made?
26. An apron. I don't need one... but I see them a lot, and I think that it would be cool just to have one. Makes me want one. And I have this perfect layered cake looking idea that I have in mind for it too! Based on the pic I saw of the one I like and want to try to replicate though, I may even make it into a full skirt AND make an apron... who knows?
27. I want to try to make a wrap-around skirt. I think I'd love it!
28. I'd like to make a couple of really cool self contained stationery kits for some friends and family members that don't really live too close to me. Inside the wrap I will make personalized notecards and envelopes, an address book with my info already entered, a "fancy" (but freebie) pen and maybe even a booklet of stamps.
29. A summer dress. Something light and flowy... but still not simple. Don't have any ideas on the design yet, but I definitely will be when I think about it.
30. A Nintendo DS cozy for my sister's kids.
31. a quick everyday shrug to throw on.
32. A few dresses for Emmie for all seasons this year (mainly summer) and next year. I hope to add a little (okay probably a lot) of punk to her stuff I make.
33. Ribbon dispenser for my scrapbook stuff.
34. A lazy susan style craft organizer for my clear stamps- I can't find the one's I want now when I want them and I just want them organized! I saw one on JoAnns website but it's so freakin expensive! I can make it cheaper than what it would cost to buy one...
35. Make at least 1 blanket this year for Project Linus- turn my craftiness into a loving snuggie blanket to a child in NICUs and Children's Hospitals. (I hope to make more but all the regulations seem a little daunting however I want to try so hopefully, probably, I will see its easy and want to make more!)
36. Make plastic bag holder- we need one but I need to make my dressform first to see how many bags I use up... but then I should also make the reusable plastic bags out of grocery bags craft I saw too..
37. Make thicker plastic bags recycled out of grocery bags!
38. Finish making felt food for the gift for a certain special young girl in my life and her kitchen!
39. Tshirt quilt, Queen size for me to use up all of my church and fun and funky shirts it's no longer "appropriate" to wear since I'm almost 25 and a mom.
40. Start on a tree quilt with a few of Ems things that she wore last year.
41. Re-cover my computer chair- it was kind of a curb side find that was cleaned and disinfected but its so blah! So I want to spice it up!
42. More "going green" with doing away with paper towels by making at least 40 cloth napkins
43. An OU themed camera bag for my little brother's very nice camera with extra pockets for extra batteries, SD cards, and everything else he would need including a tripod bag! Needs to be done before his birthday in October...
44. Throw pillows for someone... to be done before the end of April...
45. Handmake wedding gifts for my friend and SIL getting married this year! Congrats guys!
46.Try my hand at making a few "I spy" pouches.
47. Buckeyes blanket for Dad and Mom for the upcoming football season.
48. Blanket for Mom (who is always complaining how cold she is or how she never has a blanket that's just hers. (Done! Pic soon!)
49. Remote control caddy for Dad to match mom's blanket in the man cave. (Done! Pic soon!)
50. Make a diaper bag for my SIL for her expectant little one.
51. Make some Toy Society toys... love the charity stuff! http://thetoysociety.blogspot.com/
52. Make 100 Christmas Cards- all hand made- to mail out for next Christmas.
53. Complete my wedding album (tons of scrapbooking/papercrafting going on there) - maybe in time for our 5th Wedding Anniversary in August.
54. Complete 12 one size fits most cloth diapers for my daughter.
55. Repair the few holes/scars in my beloved couch.
56. Make couch cover for the 3 piece couch set.
57. Make 6 chair covers for my dining room table- the chairs themselves are sturdy but not too pretty.
58. Finish Making the curtains for the middle room.
59. Sort of a craft, sort of handiwork around the house but it does require a little skill so- I want to re-caulk the bathroom...
60. Curtains for my bedroom- mine are white and I want to either dye them or embellish them, they just need to be revamped!
61. Reusable fabric gift bags.
62. Casserole carrier and if it works out okay- I will prob make enough to give one to my mom and one to my sister.
63. Hanging wall organizer/ charger center.
64. Use my cricut to make fabric appliques to be used at a later time.
65. Use my cricut to make the clear acrylic stamps.
66. Cute Laptop cozy for David and my brother. Possibly borrow the etch-a-sketch idea from someone and sort of copy it.
67. Silky Sweet Scented Eye Pillow.
68. Weighted Cloth Door Stoppers to keep the cold air out in winter.
69. Make the Sophomore Year book for Tricia.
70. Team Jacob & Supernatural hotties quote blanket x2- 1 for me and one for Alyssa
71. Join and make something on a swap list through craftster.org
72. Re-do all 4 curtains in Em's room.
73. Make message stuffies to throw at the tv or give to people which leads to the next one...
74. Learn how to embroider even just a little bit...
75. Just found this one and I'm stealing... no borrowing the idea for David- so sshhh don't tell him: 2 sets of 52 reasons I love you card decks one for my dad for Christmas and one for my amazing man for valentine’s day... I got 2 weeks!
76. Scoodies x3- 1 for each nephew
77. Finish up the wall hanging for my 2 nephews in WV
78. Embellish set of towels for myself and parents.
79. Make invites with SIL for her wedding.
80. If I get time- I want a tutu for myself- cute fun and punky!
81. Make cushions for all the dining room chairs to put under the chair covers.
C&C are much appreciated and I've borrowed ideas from a lot of other people so sorry but they were all so good!
And that's my list! Wish me luck!