A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 330233 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1300 on: January 31, 2010 07:29:26 PM »

I didn't want to repost my entire list so I'm just posting the link to the scoodie that's actually finished.  Although - I'm MUCH closer to finishing the scrap afghan that's been kicking around the house for 3 or 4 years now.  Five days of sitting on your butt on anti-biotics will do that for you!  huzzah!   Cheesy

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336296.0 <----Christmas present "Ocean Sunrise Scoodie".

Let me know what you think!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1301 on: January 31, 2010 10:11:58 PM »

I think I love the craziness of your "Scoodie", Ffrogg526! I'm going to have to make one for someone next Christmas.

As for me, I just finished another project. It's a pair of chandelier earrings.
I just posted it in the beaded jewelry board. Here's the link:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=336308.new#new
Please tell me what you think! k
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010 11:10:15 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: January 31, 2010 11:11:23 PM »

List update! I have a whole bunch of stuff since my computer and my camera were having a feud for the last two weeks.

7.  5 Pairs of pajama pants

(one of them has snorkeling sharks!)

8. Knitted slippers for mom

9.  Tauri doggie pillow for her fort

She likes it! I was afraid she would never use it and stop going in her fort, but she actually likes it even better now.

10. Paintbrush roll

Because my paintbrushes were getting unruly.

11. Capricorn sewing tools bag

12. Archeologists baby quilt

13. Liv + Bernie Narwhal (a Valentines commission)

Its just one of my regular narwhals with Liv + Bernie embroidered on.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010 11:14:00 PM by angelcallie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1303 on: January 31, 2010 11:11:54 PM »

That scoodie is soooooo great!!!

Sweet doggy face all cuddled up on her pillow!

I've been thinking tonight that I'll link the make-a-tshirt items on my list to my weightloss quest.  The thrifty t-shirt creation will be the reward treats for weightloss milestones.  I'm think a newly decorated tshirt every 15 pounds.  Smaller shirts as my body is smaller.  What do y'all think?

Add to my list:

#55  Repair shower curtain.  Do NOT replace.  Frugally MacGyver it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010 11:21:06 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Ariethine
« Reply #1304 on: February 01, 2010 12:34:05 AM »

I finished one fifth of one of my non listed goals. (As in only listed on paper, not the interwebz.) I made a tote bag for my grandmother. I loosely made a Mcalls Pattern bag. (Used the pieces, not the instructions. And it came out cute. The pattern I got from jace_miller, who is fabulous, and I got the fabric from alwaysinmyroom, who is ALSO fabulous. Smiley And since the fabric ribbon and patterns came from my stash and theirs, it's a 100% stash busted bag! YAY!

My goal is to get one bag done for each member of my family. That means Mom, Dad, Grandma, the Bf, and me. (I made a bag for my brother for Christmas, but I abduct it... so.... >> He just might get it back. Grandma's is done, Mom and dad's are planned out, haven't thought about me yet, and the bf's is going to be a new laptop case because his is too small.

Okay, I HAVE got to get his laptop case done VERY soon. As in, a day or so soon. I want to make it for him as a Valentines day present, because he carries his laptop, cooling pad, power cord and mouse all in one scraggly tote bag I tried to make one time (it came out ugly and wrinkled because of the iron on interfacing. But he wanted it anyways. Needless to say it's a tight fit.
His grandfather died this morning, and it broke my heart to see him so depressed. He wasn't going to be able to get a flight to MD because his dad couldn't afford it, so i told my dad that I was going to make him a case to cheer him up, and he said he would pick up the tab on the ticket. **heartwarming** So if we can get the ticket in time, I plan on having him stay for a while to visit his dad. Smiley But it means that we'll miss Valentines day together. I would rather give him his present early than it be late.

Send me loves craftsters, because I am gonna need it SOOOO bad! Wink  I've got pictures of my shawl **still unfinished** and the bag, but I need to be sneaky and measure while he's asleep, so I'll be signing off now!! I promise I'll post them soon!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1305 on: February 01, 2010 04:11:36 AM »

ariethine - I am so sorry to hear about his loss - call the airlines.  They used to have a special deal for close relatives for attending funerals.  I don't know all the details but he might be able to travel at a reduced rate.  It is worth a call or two.

He sounds like a real trouper to hold on to the bag you made even if it all doesn't quite fit - go!!  get working on that laptop case!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
soorawn
« Reply #1306 on: February 01, 2010 04:26:59 AM »

That scoodie is so bright, I love the colours Smiley  And KLKing, those earrings are great.  I'm sure everybody's going to admire your work!

nice bag, soorawn! Did you use a pattern?

Thank you! I didn't use a pattern for this.  I had a look at a cheap nylon bag I have for reference on construction and size, and then I chose the measures and wrote down the pieces & measures I needed on a paper.  And added the outer pocket to perk it up.  From there I just put it together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
ScrapNCraftyMomma
« Reply #1307 on: February 01, 2010 08:52:21 AM »

So the challenge for the new year on www.craftster.org is to make 50 new projects over the course of the year. However, I think I can do at least 1 project per week if not more and this will give me a task to complete throughout the year so instead of doing 108 projects (which would be 2 per week), I decided I'd try to do something kind of in the middle.
I will post pictures while I make and (hopefully finish them). This isn't for anyone except me but I hope that this maybe inspires people to want to make things too. If you do feel moved to make a craft list/challenge for the 2010 year, please let me know and I will help you if I can! Crafty people unite!

Here's my list:

1. Help make/alter/adjust my SIL wedding dress.
2. Make 1 outfit for Kayla's expectant little one for each different stage of growth (eg, 1 Newborn outfit, 1 0-3 month outfit, 1 3-6 month outfit, etc...)
3. Make 1 outfit for Tess' expectant little one as well! (So many new babies, yay!
4. Make taggie blankets for the new babies in my life.
5. Make a OSU Buckeyes duct tape wallet for David.
6. Make 2 dressforms (one for me and one for Tess) out of duct tape and an old t-shirt (hopefully both will be completed next Saturday...
7. Couch cover for Tess' couch to cover what the dogs tore up. Done! Kind of cool how we got all our supplies from the thrift store! Spent less than $10 for a new Buckeye Couch for Tess and Aj's living room! How cool is that?
8. Cricut bag/covering for my newest toy! Done!
9. Make my very own, very first altered journal/hand sewn hardback book.
10. Try my hand at making my own underwear (I know, different right? but I thought it might be fun and interesting to at least try. I could probably stand to make some of my own bras too..)
11. Half a dozen cupcake pincushions. (these are so cute and decorative that I HAVE to make some!)
12. A semi/formal dress for myself (I am really liking the steampunk stuff that's out there now but I also like some of the lolita designs. I haven't decided what I really want to do yet but I will post some pics and get ideas/ feedback...)
13. Design my own deck of cards. Is anyone tired of the plain old generic kind?? They're not very attractive.
14. Make myself a few book totes!! I love the library and I'm in there almost 3 times a week so I might as well make something cool and fun to enjoy my time there even more! Also, I'm wanting to revamp/patch up the current canvas totes and bags we own- the store bought ones are so plain but sturdy so why not jazz them up?
15. DIY my desk (My only REAL crafting space/computer space/office space.) Into an efficient, inspiring, ORGANIZED haven!
16. I want to make myself a tiny top-hat. I LOVE hats & I want to try my hand at that- anyone know where I could start?
17. Make at least TWO items of clothing or bags from my selection of patterns.
18. Make a funky sock monkey- I love them and I saw one at Wal-Mart for $5 the other day and although I could probably make it for about the same cost... it's not going to be as fulfilling for me to buy as it would be for me to make.
19. Make myself a petticoat. I LOVE poofy skirts, and I have a couple of skirts, but have nothing to hold them up with. (which would look good with my item number 12 and my top hat!)
20. Make a tampon/pad/pantyliner wallets because digging out those sort of things, and having to use them all beat up, and finding them at horrible times is... annoying? Embarrassing? Both? Cha.
21. Make a fun and punky steering wheel cover for my car and David's car. I found a really cute crocheted one that I liked (the bow is a bit over the top...but still cute...)
22. Perfect a slipper pattern of my own and make at least 1 pair of slippers using my new slipper pattern. I'm really getting into slippers, because I love knee socks and such, so I had my eye on sewn/crocheted slippers. I have a few ideas but I can always use more!
23. Make a lunch set for each of my middle school aged nieces and nephews: Place-mat (because they really don't clean the tables in schools. Bleh!) Sandwich wrap, reusable bags for snacks, and possibly find a cheap set of permanent plastic cutlery for him to use. It would save my mom a LOT of money on bags, and even plastic spoons and forks. My other brother is too young to think of not throwing containers away.
24. A pair of armwarmers of my own pattern. (Don't really write up patterns.) So I want some that go up to where my forearm meets my elbow.
25. Challenge to myself. Make and sell at least 10 crafts. Anybody want something made?
26. An apron. I don't need one... but I see them a lot, and I think that it would be cool just to have one. Makes me want one. And I have this perfect layered cake looking idea that I have in mind for it too! Based on the pic I saw of the one I like and want to try to replicate though, I may even make it into a full skirt AND make an apron... who knows?
27. I want to try to make a wrap-around skirt. I think I'd love it!
28. I'd like to make a couple of really cool self contained stationery kits for some friends and family members that don't really live too close to me. Inside the wrap I will make personalized notecards and envelopes, an address book with my info already entered, a "fancy" (but freebie) pen and maybe even a booklet of stamps.
29. A summer dress. Something light and flowy... but still not simple. Don't have any ideas on the design yet, but I definitely will be when I think about it.
30. A Nintendo DS cozy for my sister's kids.
31. a quick everyday shrug to throw on.
32. A few dresses for Emmie for all seasons this year (mainly summer) and next year. I hope to add a little (okay probably a lot) of punk to her stuff I make.
33. Ribbon dispenser for my scrapbook stuff.
34. A lazy susan style craft organizer for my clear stamps- I can't find the one's I want now when I want them and I just want them organized! I saw one on JoAnns website but it's so freakin expensive! I can make it cheaper than what it would cost to buy one...
35. Make at least 1 blanket this year for Project Linus- turn my craftiness into a loving snuggie blanket to a child in NICUs and Children's Hospitals. (I hope to make more but all the regulations seem a little daunting however I want to try so hopefully, probably, I will see its easy and want to make more!)
36. Make plastic bag holder- we need one but I need to make my dressform first to see how many bags I use up... but then I should also make the reusable plastic bags out of grocery bags craft I saw too..
37. Make thicker plastic bags recycled out of grocery bags!
38. Finish making felt food for the gift for a certain special young girl in my life and her kitchen!
39. Tshirt quilt, Queen size for me to use up all of my church and fun and funky shirts it's no longer "appropriate" to wear since I'm almost 25 and a mom.
40. Start on a tree quilt with a few of Ems things that she wore last year.
41. Re-cover my computer chair- it was kind of a curb side find that was cleaned and disinfected but its so blah! So I want to spice it up!
42. More "going green" with doing away with paper towels by making at least 40 cloth napkins
43. An OU themed camera bag for my little brother's very nice camera with extra pockets for extra batteries, SD cards, and everything else he would need including a tripod bag! Needs to be done before his birthday in October...
44. Throw pillows for someone... to be done before the end of April...
45. Handmake wedding gifts for my friend and SIL getting married this year! Congrats guys!
46.Try my hand at making a few "I spy" pouches.
47. Buckeyes blanket for Dad and Mom for the upcoming football season.
48. Blanket for Mom (who is always complaining how cold she is or how she never has a blanket that's just hers. (Done! Pic soon!)
49. Remote control caddy for Dad to match mom's blanket in the man cave. (Done! Pic soon!)
50. Make a diaper bag for my SIL for her expectant little one.
51. Make some Toy Society toys... love the charity stuff! http://thetoysociety.blogspot.com/
52. Make 100 Christmas Cards- all hand made- to mail out for next Christmas.
53. Complete my wedding album (tons of scrapbooking/papercrafting going on there) - maybe in time for our 5th Wedding Anniversary in August.
54. Complete 12 one size fits most cloth diapers for my daughter.
55. Repair the few holes/scars in my beloved couch.
56. Make couch cover for the 3 piece couch set.
57. Make 6 chair covers for my dining room table- the chairs themselves are sturdy but not too pretty.
58. Finish Making the curtains for the middle room.
59. Sort of a craft, sort of handiwork around the house but it does require a little skill so- I want to re-caulk the bathroom...
60. Curtains for my bedroom- mine are white and I want to either dye them or embellish them, they just need to be revamped!
61. Reusable fabric gift bags.
62. Casserole carrier and if it works out okay- I will prob make enough to give one to my mom and one to my sister.
63. Hanging wall organizer/ charger center.
64. Use my cricut to make fabric appliques to be used at a later time.
65. Use my cricut to make the clear acrylic stamps.
66. Cute Laptop cozy for David and my brother. Possibly borrow the etch-a-sketch idea from someone and sort of copy it.
67. Silky Sweet Scented Eye Pillow.
68. Weighted Cloth Door Stoppers to keep the cold air out in winter.
69. Make the Sophomore Year book for Tricia.
70. Team Jacob & Supernatural hotties quote blanket x2- 1 for me and one for Alyssa
71. Join and make something on a swap list through craftster.org
72. Re-do all 4 curtains in Em's room.
73. Make message stuffies to throw at the tv or give to people which leads to the next one...
74. Learn how to embroider even just a little bit...
75. Just found this one and I'm stealing... no borrowing the idea for David- so sshhh don't tell him: 2 sets of 52 reasons I love you card decks one for my dad for Christmas and one for my amazing man for valentines day... I got 2 weeks!
76. Scoodies x3- 1 for each nephew
77. Finish up the wall hanging for my 2 nephews in WV
78. Embellish set of towels for myself and parents.
79. Make invites with SIL for her wedding.
80. If I get time- I want a tutu for myself- cute fun and punky!
81. Make cushions for all the dining room chairs to put under the chair covers.

C&C are much appreciated and I've borrowed ideas from a lot of other people so sorry but they were all so good!
And that's my list! Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1308 on: February 01, 2010 09:06:21 AM »

ariethine - I am so sorry to hear about his loss - call the airlines.  They used to have a special deal for close relatives for attending funerals.  I don't know all the details but he might be able to travel at a reduced rate.  It is worth a call or two.

He sounds like a real trouper to hold on to the bag you made even if it all doesn't quite fit - go!!  get working on that laptop case!!!

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work as well as it used to. My brother tried that recently when my mom passed away and the "deal" they gave him was $100 more than he could get online. But he was flying from Alaska, so maybe that had something to do with it.  Undecided

Hugs to you Ariethine and your family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1309 on: February 01, 2010 09:16:44 AM »

Wow--I missed being on here over the weekend and the thread has exploded with goodies! I will have to look at all the links and stuff later...but so far, I love the finished project

pinokeeo--I loved the fan calendars

klking--we must have both been on a jewelry kick--I am beginning to think we are "separated at birth" Cheesy

ariethine--we need pictures!!! can't wait to see what you did with the fabric--did you use the horse fabric?  Sorry for you boy's loss--

more later...that is all I remember right now!

I might need to head slap some of you guys for going WAY off crafting chatter! Cheesy  You know

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celeb Haircuts That Changed History
Top 10 Celeb-Hair Triumphs
How to Get the Classic Pleat by Percy and Reed
Jaclyn Smith on Her Hairdo
High-End and Low End Saloon Haircuts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...