A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 300820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EKO

http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: January 27, 2010 02:12:21 PM »

So the end of the month is near and it is time for me to take stock and see how much crafting I have managed to get done with a 2 year old that I am trying to potty train and a 6 week old that does not want to do much more that feed constantly, which if nothing else has given me an opportunity to read a lot on here and get even more ideas of what I want to make.

My Goal this year is to update my list at the end of each month hopefully I will be better at it this year than I was last year.

Here is the update of what I have done so far with photos:

1. A miracle blanket inspired from here , I just refused to pay that much for it so I made one.

little one enjoying the blanket

the inside of the blanket- see the wings to keep the arms in ( yes I accidentally made one piece backwards)

Showing the long tail that wraps around her twice too keep her warm and wrapped.

I really want to make at least one more is the little one will let me put her down long enough. ( I made the 1st one while family was visiting and able to cuddle her constantly while I worked)

2.  Muffins- my daughter got a house and kitchen for Christmas but the muffin set only came with 2 muffins so I made a patter up to fill her muffin tin with 6 muffins, she picked the color for the icing.

3.  Boot forms or at least that is what I am going to call them.  I got some new boots that were constantly falling down and needed to keep them standing in the closet so I stuffed some socks with rice and stuffing.  The first pair was a little to tall so the next two pairs I made a little shorter.

Falling over boots

the boot forms

boots standing up now

all three pairs

4. Soothie clips I made 2 but for got to take a picture before I gave it away.

turns out this one is a bit to long I need to shorten it a little.

5. Princess Crown. I made this on a whim  the other night here it is with each of my daughters trying it own.

6.  A travel pillow to bring with me when I go to play group and other such gatherings to help with breast feeding, it is made from an old sweater of mind, the handle is the collar and I put the snap in so I can snap it onto the diaper bag when my hands are full and I need to hold my two year olds hand to cross the street.

7. Water bottle holder (reversible) my daughter insists on taking her lemon water to bed but no longer has a night table (she got a house for Christmas that takes up the space next to the bed) so I made a water bottle holder that hangs off her head board.

Here it is.

It was a little too tight for my daughter to easily get the bottle in and out so I made a second one for her.

Here it is.

I dont quite like how the bottle hangs I may move the buttons placement to see if that helps.

Current projects I am working on or have started and need to pick up again

8.  A pair of elf slippers for my eldest daughter.

9. A stuffed elephant toy.

10. A crochet ripple blanket for my eldest daughter. (I have not touched this in months, I dont know if it will ever get finished.)
11. Finish winnie the pooh quilt
12. Finish blue white quilt.

Now for my list of still to-dos or want to dos

13. update and start both daughters baby books
14. participate in the 2010 Learn to spin thread
15. Make a small diaper bag for quick trips shopping that do not require carrying toys just diapers and wet ones.
16. make felt cookies to go with the Ikea baking set I picked up for eldest daughters birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at my blog
http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

Current swaps
sss23- all sent and all received.
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #1181 on: January 27, 2010 02:29:27 PM »

1. Make small gift bags/goodie bags from old calanders.

Inspired by a tutorial from the papercrafting forum here. These are so much fun to make I know I will be making many more!

2. Make skirts for myself and 3 daughters.
3. Make sundresses for myself and 3 daughters.
4. Make bookmarks for teacher gifts for the end of the year (along with a Chapters gift card).
5. Make mini scrapbooks to send as gifts to grandparents for their birthdays.
6. Make scarves -- using yarn from my stash as much as possible.
7. Make slippers.
8. Make baby booties for upcoming baby showers.
9. Make a variety of all-occassion cards.
10. Make birthday party invitations for kids parties.
11. Make and decorate cakes for kids parties.
12. Make envelopes from old calanders and various flyers.
13. Make scrapbook embellishments from my 'scrap-stash'
14. Make homemade paper using paper from junk mail
15. Make mug and travel mug cozies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
Britness
« Reply #1182 on: January 27, 2010 02:34:22 PM »

]

3.  Boot forms or at least that is what I am going to call them.  I got some new boots that were constantly falling down and needed to keep them standing in the closet so I stuffed some socks with rice and stuffing.  The first pair was a little to tall so the next two pairs I made a little shorter.

The boot forms are cute...you know for my boots i use the rolls of wrapping paper and paper towels...it also is a good green tip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
Casey1201
« Reply #1183 on: January 27, 2010 02:35:06 PM »

EKO - your daughters are gorgeous! And great idea on the boot things. I may have to try that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #1184 on: January 27, 2010 02:40:07 PM »

EKO, that baby blanket is awesome! Great idea for a gift too, since my niece is due in March! Cheesy

Loving those boot forms as well since my boots and my daughters' boots end up all over the place. Fantastic idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
lydiaharper
« Reply #1185 on: January 27, 2010 02:51:36 PM »

I love, LOVE the boot forms!  Those are soooo going on my list.  I haven't gotten very much done this month except swap items (which I am trying not to count), but I will have to post pics of the few things I have done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1186 on: January 27, 2010 03:03:36 PM »

Your room is gorgeous!  How great to work in all that color!  The only walls in my whole house that are white are in my craft room....sad...

I should put a rapunzel scarf on my list...I have lots of leftover bits of yarn...thanks, I think!

I missed some of the pages!!

I have just added those boot forms to my list!  so clever and practical!

And, I need ideas like the little crown since I now have two great nieces and one great nehew under the age of 4!!!

How can you possible get that much done with those little ones?  How?  You are superwoman!!! Wonderful job and definitely kicked my butt!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010 03:09:00 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #1187 on: January 27, 2010 03:17:00 PM »

I actually need to go back and modify my list a bit.  I don't need to make a Diva cup bag afterall because I received some wonderful pouches in Christmas time swaps.  I have a small one left that is perfect for the job. 

I'm using a cute, thick snood hat a swap partner made me so it's not particularly urgent that I crochet myself a winter hat anymore.

I don't have to sew summer weight curtains for the big living room windows anymore.  My ex-husband took down the curtains I had sewn for the big upstairs hall window in my old house (where he still lives shacked up with his girlfriend  Roll Eyes ) and was going to get rid of them.  When I was there picking my son up from a visitation, I took them back.  They'll fit the living room window fine. 

I took the throw rug from my bed room (purple monster fur) to put on the heater grate in the main part of the house.  It is EXACTLY the right size.  So, I don't need to craft a heater grate cover rug anymore.  I don't consider it necessary to make a rub for my bedroom floor.  If supplies and inspiration strike, I will, but it isn't a priority. 

I got a completely kickass sewn scarf (beautiful!) in a swap so I'm not going to use the Kermit flannel to make myself a scarf anymore.  He'll probably end up being part of flannel patchwork!  Yeah!

So, these are all things I can tick off of my list without even crafting.  I'll be picking other list entries to replace them and will update my list later.  As I'm watching people receive in the Frugal Living Swap, I'm definitely getting some inspiration!

I don't know what my internet access is going to be like for a few days as we have some nasty winter weather moving in.  The ice and wind in combination may lead to power outages.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1188 on: January 27, 2010 03:17:19 PM »

EKO: I love those boot forms. I've never seen anything like it and it's both genius and hilarious at the same time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1189 on: January 27, 2010 03:19:30 PM »

aikibookworm--it is great to edit our lists...I have been looking over mine and decided that some of them can come off because of various reasons as well!!

That will leave more room for stuff I really want to be doing!  This is suppose to be fun and productive, not stressful! ha ha

Thanks for the "permission" to get rid of a few things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Studio Visit With Marilyn Minter
What Makes a Great Photograph
Samsung NX100 Hands-on Video at Photokina 2010
Canon Multipurpose 4k Camera Concept
Nick Woodman Talks About the GoPro Cameras
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...