A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 299149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1130 on: January 25, 2010 05:10:24 PM »

You want messy? I just throw most of the stuff (Threads, trash, scrap trimmings) on the floor until I'm done, then Just sweep it up later.(It comes from doing a lot of production sewing)
My mom said once.... Cracked me up..."We don't need a dog.. We have THREADS!"

That's exactly what I do!  It's nice to hear from a kindred spirit.  Our recreation room (1/2 of our basement)  doubles as my craft area.  I actually use the ping pong table as my wonderfully huge craft table.  I just throw everything on the floor too, and then after three of four projects I sweep it all up.  I craft in socks and when I go upstairs all these little string bunnies catch a ride on my socks.  My hubby just doesn't understand why I can't clean as I go, but it's just not in my nature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #1131 on: January 25, 2010 05:15:44 PM »

I'm about 10 rows in on my shawl. I really hope that it turns out as cute as it looks like it will. Smiley It's pretty long, so I think I'll be working on it for a while. alwaysinmyroom, I'll tell you how many skeins it actually takes me when I show you guys the pics. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1132 on: January 25, 2010 05:39:33 PM »

You want messy? I just throw most of the stuff (Threads, trash, scrap trimmings) on the floor until I'm done, then Just sweep it up later.(It comes from doing a lot of production sewing)

That's exactly what I do!  It's nice to hear from a kindred spirit.  Our recreation room (1/2 of our basement)  doubles as my craft area.  I actually use the ping pong table as my wonderfully huge craft table.  I just throw everything on the floor too, and then after three of four projects I sweep it all up.  I craft in socks and when I go upstairs all these little string bunnies catch a ride on my socks.  My hubby just doesn't understand why I can't clean as I go, but it's just not in my nature.
String Bunnies! LOL!! Yep! When I look around, this place is covered from one end to the other in threads. And, I don't usually notice for days, until it becomes annoying. Sure glad there are hard floors... The area rugs are hard enough to do! And, I never wear shoes in the house, it's either socks, barefoot, or slippers.
   Well... Here's an update... One dog coat is DONE! I thought I was going to mail them today, but maybe tomorrow. The second one will go faster, it only needs to be decorated, and the main parts put together. I am so pleased with it! But, I'll have to hold off on finished pics until they're recieved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #1133 on: January 25, 2010 06:18:46 PM »

So Ive finished a project, althought I still have to string it up and hang it outside...But the way its been snowing the past two days I dont think I will be able to make it to a tree to hang it off of!!

I kinda winged it but Im happy with the results. I built it in two parts, the base and the roof. In case you were wondering..I stained it...because  popsicle sticks are technically wood  Grin Its also has 2 coats of sealer on it so its all ready to go. I was a little concerned with how the glue would show with the stain but it wasnt too bad. Im going to put a little container in there for food when I hang it. I also thought of maybe putting water container in it when it gets nicer for like a hanging bird bath type thing or just leaving it to see if they make themselves cozy...Not sure which though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010 06:29:31 PM by FriendlyNeighbourPsycho » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1134 on: January 25, 2010 06:29:31 PM »

OMG I'm totally gonna start doing that! Half of the scraps end up on the floor anyway, and that's why they make swiffers, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1135 on: January 25, 2010 08:18:25 PM »

Mine says the same thing!  He says, you go in there and cut and sew for less than an hour, and you come out looking you've been through a hurricane and the damage is left in the room behind you!  I tell him, everyone needs a place to go be themselves for a little bit, and apparently my true inner self is a humongo slob...lol.

Okay, so I am totally hooked on the yoga pants now.  I went to two thrift stores today, spent less than $20 and got enough shirts to make...let's see...eleven more pairs!  I didn't pay more than $1.19 for any one shirt, but the reason I spent so much was because I also got two pairs of shoes, some books, and a few other odds and ends. 

I tried to take pics of the yoga pants I made the other day, but my cell phone is...dismal, at best.  As soon as our income tax return gets here I will be buying a charger for my good camera and will be able to post pics.  By then I should have an entire wardrobe made up entirely of reconned t's to yoga pants...lol.

On a side note about the same yoga pants, I think I am going to use one of the cut up shirts to draft a pattern for a longer pair, actually pant-length.  I bought some amazing light sweatshirt-y material that I've used for the waistbands so far, and I think it will be AMAZING to have an entire pair made of this stuff.  I love it.

And on one other note, my mother happened to be up visiting me today and went to the stores with me.  When I told her why I was buying so many t-shirts she just looked at me funny and said, "Wouldn't it be easier to just go spend a few bucks on already made yoga pants?"  She totally didn't get it!

So I totally did not tell her that the next project on my list is underwear...she will probably call me crazy...some people!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1136 on: January 25, 2010 08:24:31 PM »

I am reposting my list with the updates...

1) There are not enough rainbows in this world, and for sure not enough patchwork skirts.  I will be making one.
2) tampon case (maybe x4, one for each of my sisters and my mother)
3) yoga pants from t-shirt (I also plan on losing 40 lbs this years, one can never have too many cheap workout pants to help with that goal!)
4) a wallet.  No specific type in mind yet.
5) wash clothes (crochet, my own simple pattern)
6) dish rags (there is a difference, so these are two seperate posts, lol)
7) de-stash as much as I possibly can, and quickly as possible!
8 ) make and wear an entire outfit
9) Make a king sized quilt and love it! I am tired of starting quilts only to hate them halfway through. I may go with a rainbow theme for my room and the hubby will just have to grin and bear it.  Right?
10) Begin making ATC's and inchies, again with a rainbow theme
11) Finish an altered book
12) begin an art journal.  (On the first post of this thread, the writer mentioned an "everything" journal, with writing, art, inchies, fabric, everything in it.  I may do this instead of just an art journal.)
13) Log cabin lap quilt in muted colors.
14) Learn to make undies!
15) Bathroom organization and redecoration - it needs it in the worst way!
16) Create a reading corner somewhere in the house with a comfy chair, a lamp and a shelf.
17) Set up my new crafting space after convincing hubby to let me have it (lol)
18) Make reusable bowl covers
19) make reusable "paper" towels (find the link in this thread to them first, obviously)
20) Reusable sandwich wraps for the hubby and the kiddo and I to take on picnics
21) make at least 10 grocery and produce bags.  Our local stores are starting to charge for plastic bags, and if I gotta pay for them anyway, I'd rather use my own adorable ones!
22) Make dryer balls
23) speaking of which, learn to felt wool
24) and learn to reclaim it from sweaters at the thrift stores.
25) sew a crochet hook/rag rug tool holder and NOT lose it.
26) make a toothbrush area-sized rug based on these amazing tuts
27) for the art/everything journal, I need to learn to bind better.
28) also, I really want to focus on taking pictures and posting the projects I actually do.  I don't know if that counts as a whole project or not, so I may take it off my list eventually, but I really want to work on being consistent with this one.
28) Make paper at home with the paper making kit I bought LAST year (procrastinate much? lol)
29) make some art work for my living room
30) make some couch and floor cushions for my living room.
31) make remote control organizers (2, one for living room, one for bedroom)
32) Make my mom's paperback book cover
33) make a bible cover
34) make a ziplock-bag folder thing (I don't know where to find it online, I looked all over but can't find it yet.  Donna Dewberry made one on this show on Cutterstv and it was AWESOME.) with a hard back insert for writing on
35) make the DD a twirly skirt (rainbowy?)
36) make the DD a rag doll with blankets and pillows and accessories (x2, the other for my niece)
37) make the nephew a fun toy (or taggie blanket) so he doesn't feel unloved after the girls get their presents!
38) make my own Swiffer wet jet refill solution and covers. ( i made my own refill solution, just need to stitch up some covers now.) Talked about here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334632.10
39) Make a memo board for my sewing corner.
40) make a sewing machine cover
41) make a wrap/sweatshirt/jacket out of the fabric I bought for this purpose four weeks ago.
42) finish the redo of the clock I bought
43) make an altered puzzle (they look so cool)
44) make a sewing "pouch" to keep all my rag rug scraps in to move from room to room
45) redo/reorganize the kitchen, it is a sad affair in there right now.
46) door snake thing to keep the drafty cold air out!
47) some kind of Mario/Nintendo related craft.  
48) reconned t's into undies.  Yay for unique panties!!

Strike-outs are done, bolded are started.  I wish there were more of both!  Wink
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010 08:25:09 PM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 25, 2010 08:41:33 PM »

You all are my kind of people! My husband doesn't know how I find anything in my craft "area". I tell him it's organized chaos. lol. We share a 1200 sq ft workshop that is divided into thirds to accomodate my crafty stuff, his tools and saws, etc., and an area for our game table and small bar. The entire place is stuffed so full we cant use any of it. So getting that place organized will be in my 50 projects for the year. I will post pics of it soon. It is the mother of all messes. And the funny thing is we've started organizing it at least a half a dozen times and it just never gets completed. But this year will be different! I am going to conquer the chaos! (I hope...) lol.

I don't have an entire list of 50 projects but here's what I've got planned so far:
Also I've organized them by what needs to be done first.

1. Work on the shop disaster at least 3-4 times a week
2. Blanket for sister's Valentine's Day B-day
3. Valentine's treats for daughter's class of 28 kids and teacher/staff gifts
4. V-day gifts for hubby: T-shirt and something else small when I come up with it. lol
5. Finish painting of the little mermaid (on plywood...I have a jig saw and I know how to use it)
6.Try applique on t-shirts for my 2yo son and 5yo daughter
7. St. Pat's decoration. (Indoor or outdoor) not sure yet
8. Birthday gift for FIL. (ST. Patrick's Day) Possibly a decorated lanyard for a fishing license.
9. Birthday Cake for FIL. (I do specialty cakes that take at least 2-4 hours to complete)
10. Melt plastic beads for ornies for Easter tree
11. Mother's day spa gift basket for my mom. Maybe similar one for MIL.
12. Birthday gift for hubby. No idea what though.
13. Nephew's 1st birthday gift.
14. Birthday gift for brother. Gossamer (from Looney tunes) plushie found on another thread. Will post link when complete.
15. Decoration (indoor or outdoor) for 4th of July
16. Birthday gift for Daughter's 6th birthday
17. Bathtub stamps and paint for Nephew's 6th B-day. (also found on another thread and will post upon completion.)
18. Candles for mom's B-day
19. Scarf for MIL's B-day
20. Neice's 10th B-day gift
21. Halloween costumes for our family of four
22. Table runner for Thanksgiving dinner and possibly one for Christmas

That's it for now. I will post more as I come up with them. Sorry for the very long-winded post. I'm looking forward to all of the fun and mostly inspiration from everyone. On with the crafting! Yay!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
Deeder
« Reply #1138 on: January 25, 2010 08:44:41 PM »

Item with a deadline
WIP
Finished

1. Dog bed   link

2. Cat bed/tent/place to sleep
3. Cover for wingback chair
4. Cushion for bench
5. Cushion for hope chest
6. Cushions for rocking chair
7. Corduroy jacket for Michael
8. Quilt for mom
9. Quilt for grandma
10. Quilt for Meggie and Mike -- June
11. Bridesmaid dress -- June

12. Duvet cover
13. Finish Beth's jacket
14. Finish denim rug

15. Make candles
16. Build a bottle terrarium
17. Earring holder for Beth
18. Earring holder for me
19. Catnip eyeballs for Beth
20. Dress for Meggie
21. Quilt for Jess and Jeremy
22. Recon winter jacket
23. Make corset
24. Finish black and red summer dress
25. Recon/make 10 items of clothing for Ruby Mae
26. Sell 10 crafts
27. Teach someone to sew
28. Begin (and maintain) a scrapbook for Ruby Mae
29. Embroider something
30. Make five dog toys
31. Make something from plastic grocery bags
32. Make re-usable grocery bags.
33. Makeover back door
34. Make pillows for sofa and love seat
35. Pads for house plants
36. Make at least three crib sheets
37. Make newspaper gift bags
38. Use up my sweater stash
39. Make over-the-door organizer
40. Make grocery bag holder
41. Make sewing machine cover
42. Make serger cover
43. Make nursing cover
44. Make some kind of wall art
45. Make a toy (not for dog)
46. Finish decorating nursery
47. Rug for kitchen
48. Laptop bag/cover
49. Sushi pillows for Danny (October birthday?)
50. Five Christmas stockings
51. Bag for hospital stay during delivery   link

52. Use up tie stash
53. Swiffer covers
54. 20 cloth diapers
55. Diaper bag

56. Zipper bag #2
57. Nursing pillow   link

58. Mail/bill organizer
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010 09:53:08 PM by Deeder » THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1139 on: January 25, 2010 08:56:24 PM »

I saw the best fleece at Jo-Ann's today, one was leopard print and the other had skulls on it. I'm going to get both and make a big no sew blanket for my bed.

I also had an idea for easy Valentine treats for my son and I to make. I'm going to get strawberry marshmallows, put a couple on a Popsicle stick, dip in chocolate and roll in nuts. Sounds tasty to me, and easy for a 7 year old to make.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Blanket
How to Crochet a Baby Hat
How to Choose Crochet Yarn
Crochet for Beginners: Half Double Crochet Stitch
Crochet for Beginners: Double Crochet Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...