A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 305602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 22, 2010 07:56:05 PM »

Well, I was just going to haunt this tread without posting, but then I discovered that I cannot FIND my craft ToDo list! So, I figure if I'm going to have to rebuild it from scratch, I may as well do it here -- at least I'll know where to FIND it!   Cheesy

PimpernelSmith's List of 50 Crafts for 2010

1. Bedside Organizer for nephew (sewn)

2. Bedside Organizer for niece (sewn)

3-10. Boxers for DH (sewn)

11-15. Undies for me (sewn)

16. Sleep mask for DH (sewn)

17. Convert 2nd hand 'damask' bed sheet into hemmed napkins (sewn)

18. Bind edges on flannel rectangles being converted to 'rags' to use in lieu of paper towels (sewn)

19. Fleece Snug-Sack for me (sewn)

20. Etch two glass mugs for {late} Christmas gifts.

21. Make a thermal/Henley shirt for me (sewn)

22. Etch 4 drinking glasses in Egyptian Hieroglyphics for gift.

23. Replace lining in favorite leather coat (sewn and all the powers-that-be aide me!)

24. Replace zipper in blue coat.

25. Attempt to remove cap sleeves from otherwise great shirt to convert it to a tank top.

26. Decorate baby bib for gift (embroidery) DONE -- painted, not embroidered, but DONE

27. Finish set of napkins for godchildren in the hopes they will prefer them to using the sleeves of clothes (embroidery) 2/4 done

28. Embellish my navy blue hoodie (embroidery)

29-31. Alter jeans so that they are not tapered leg (short, 'Rubenesque' hips such as mine do NOT fair well with tapered legs) (sewn)

32. Finish fingerless gauntlets (knit)

33. Create gauntlet gloves out of felted sweater and embellish (felt, sew, embroider)

34. Create Thank You letters by way of taking action shots and labeling all the gifts in use in the image. (photography & photoshop)

35. Green bamboo yarn scarf and hat (knit)

36. Finish Soleil tank (knit)   http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring05/PATTsoleil.html

37. Finish Thermal sweater (knit)   http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTthermal.html

38. Attempt to make stole for friend's birthday (knit)  http://frenchgirlknits.com/french_girl_knits_collections/gypsy.php

39. Finish manga-esque bandana for student (embroidery) DONE! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=335152.0

40. Finish bead armband for me (peyote beading)

41. Make progress in silk embroidered scarf for my niece, which at this point I am just hoping to have completed by the time she graduates high school -- in 5 years.....

42. Make another clapotis (knit)  http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html

43. Create stuffed monster along guidelines diagramed for me by yet another niece (sewn)

44. Design and make a jacket for the alien I made for a nephew some time back. (sewn)  

45. Try knitting with beads

46. Try crocheting with beads

47. Learn even-count peyote beading

48. Make dust covers for seldom used appliances (sewn)

49. Craft a dust skirt of some sort to disguise ugly drip tray and roller needed for big houseplant.

50. Accomplish all of the above without doing anything to myself that might require: a) stitches b) a tetanus booster or c) a prosthesis.

Undecided
Grin

Craft Annex!
           *a.k.a. the list of all the stuff YOUR lists are making me think of....*

a) sand and spray paint metal patio table
b) non-skid cozy for the steel blender so that it can be held without our fingers sticking to the sides a la  the flag pole in "Christmas Story"
c) organizer for embroidery thread DONE!
d) hanging, discrete trash collector thingy to hang off the side of my computer table.
e) some sort of hook/reel/containment system for the audio cable I use in my car to plug my iPod into the cassette deck
f) hammered copper or brass liner for the bottom of our incense burner, so that the ashes don't fall out.
g) spiff up rusting bird feeder
h) finish patchwork backgammon set I started in 8th Grade Home Ec.
i) use needle felting to mend hole in wool sweater it worked!
j) make topper for our Christmas tree
k) use needle felting to embellish a tea cozy I crocheted and felted 2 years ago.
l) HOW COOULD I FOGET? Design & make a turtle pin cushion that won't roll off the table like all those damn, store bought, tomato ones do.
m) Tea pot drip catchers
n) lip balm bandolier Done!      http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=347602.0
o) Cozy for French Press pot
P) (I keep forgetting these because they intimidate me so! I've got everything but the hardware...) Roman blinds for the bedroom, with blackout fabric on the back.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010 10:34:39 AM by PimpernelSmith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1041 on: January 22, 2010 08:33:34 PM »

I'm still here.  Cheesy  I've been making mostly swap stuff. I have made so many paper stars I am starting to get callouses on my thumbs! I also started ripping out the seams on my son's old PJs to start his Mario quilt.

Oh, and I've been filling the Wist void by making a Kaboodle, its the same concept. I think I like it better though because you can organize things into categories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1042 on: January 22, 2010 09:34:07 PM »

I'm putting up some work-in progress pics of the dog coats. They will be decorated with appliques, that is the next step. For now...
This is what they're looking like:

The darker lining is a cotton velvet I had . It is made so the straps wrap from the dog's side, allowing the coat to hang down on the body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #1043 on: January 22, 2010 09:53:17 PM »

I've decided to stop lurking here and make the 50 projects commitment!  

I am determined to lose some weight this year and I've decided that I will accomplish that by keeping my hands too busy to be bothered with feeding my face.

What I will accomplish in 2010:

1)      zombie giraffe for W

2)      fleece snake for A

3)      learn resin casting

4)      wallet for W

5)      try freezer paper stenciling

6)      try crayon-tinted embroidery

7)      grocery bags for E

Cool      apron for E

9)      apron for me

10)    shorts for T

11)    skirt for T

12)    knitted lap blanket for W

13)    knitted lap blanket for T

14)    knitted lap blanket for R

15)    knitted lap blanket for M

16)    knitted lap blanket for AC

17)    potholders for E

18)    fabric buckets for WIP

19)    cushions for bistro set

20)    take oil painting class

21)    yoga socks for T

22)    purse for me

23)    finish both "sisters" scrapbooks

24)    start TJ's scrapbook... finish at least 12 pages

25)    dishcloths for TP

26)    sewing machine cover, mat, thread catcher

27)    paint sewing cabinet!

28)    do something creative with yard sale desk

29)    finally finish mosaic accent table I started 5 years ago

30)    try at least one new recipe each month

31)    crayon or marker roll for A

32)    Aprons for C & W

33)    fleece scarf for H

34)    use too small blk and pink skirt to make something new

35)    tea wallet for T

36)    2 pincushions with matching needle books

37)    make a book safe or two

38)    make a clock of some sort

39)    make a toy from fabric yoyos

40)    paint kitchen cabinets

41)    rag or t-shirt rug for craft area

42)   coil, magazine, or record bowl... maybe all

43)    sock monkey for T

44)    cross-stitched wall art for W

45)    rag quilt

46)    grow organic bell peppers, and maybe strawberries

47)    fleece blanket for S

48)    two baby gifts for B and T's new babies

49)    make tablecloths for at least 5 units at school

50)     be in at least one swap at all times and never ever miss a deadline

I thought it would be impossible to come up with 50, but I think I could just keep going.  I feel really good about this and just know this is going to be my most craftily productive year ever!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1044 on: January 22, 2010 11:06:49 PM »

I like your list gamemom42. I like that you added to be in a swap at all times. I think I like it better than my trying to limit swaps  Grin

Do you have a specific type of yoga sock in mind? I was wondering if you were going to knit yourself a pair of regular socks, or if you were putting something special on the bottom to help them not slide.

I may have to add "make a clock" to my list....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
gamemom42

« Reply #1045 on: January 22, 2010 11:17:12 PM »

Thanks.  I put be in at least one swap at all times because swaps tend to get me out of my comfort zone.  If I just craft off my list, even with the "learning new things" items, I'm still staying in areas where I feel comfortable going.  When I'm in swaps, I tend to go places that scare me a little or I craft things I would just never think to craft. 

The yoga socks are toeless and heelless knitted socks.  The pattern is actually on one of those little free instruction sheets I picked up at Hobby Lobby or Joanns ( can't remember which).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karimusbunch

details, details, details. it's gonna work out.

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 23, 2010 03:40:15 AM »

i'm also trying to do new recipes, gamemom!
today is the first one: a crock pot french dip, wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42

« Reply #1047 on: January 23, 2010 06:16:04 AM »

i'm also trying to do new recipes, gamemom!
today is the first one: a crock pot french dip, wish me luck!

Oh good, maybe we'll pick up some good ones from one another.  I have a very picky husband so over 29 years of marriage I have gotten into a ridiculous cooking rut. 

My January recipe will be Cannellini Bean Cakes.  I've tried going veggie three times in my life and I've decided its probably just never going to happen.  I think though, that the more yummy main dish kinds of things I find that are meatless, the better.  Who knows, after this year I may be able to make the switch!  I'm going to make myself the bean cakes next week when I cook salmon croquettes for my family. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #1048 on: January 23, 2010 06:33:56 AM »

50. Accomplish all of the above without doing anything to myself that might require: a) stitches b) a tetanus booster or c) a prosthesis.

I like this Pimpernel!  I should probably have the same thing on my list!  Cheesy

Hi everyone!  I kept seeing people's sigatures on their messages that said "10/50 projects in 2009" (or something close to that) and thought that I could give it a go this year.  So here's the beginning of my list...  It was actually a lot easier to come up with things than I thought it would be...  especially with so many other awesome lists to browse through and get ideas/reminders from.

1. Finish my altered book.
2. Finish the scrap afghan that's been hanging around for over 3 years just kinda partially done in pieces.
3. Use the windows Ive been collecting for some faux stained glass projects. (1 stand alone window and 1 triptych)
4. Make a sweater that fits ME (knitted or crocheted)
5. Knit socks!
6. Use the Red print Jarbo yarn in my stash for a project.
7. Catch up on my schools music scrapbook.
8. Make my Phi Sigma Pi T-Shirt quilt (first quilt ever!)
9. Re-org all my yarn into one room and into stackable boxes instead of random bags in the bottom of my closet.
10. Use up some of my various stashes (yarn, fabric, paint, paper, polymer clay, etc.)
11. Try embroidery! (new skill!)
12. Make my own design for a piece of tapestry crochet and then make the project.
13. Learn/practice knitting cables.
14. Crochet an afghan for the mother-in-law for Christmas (I made the hubby one for Christmas 2008 and she was pretty jealous).
15. Paint/re-org/update my bedroom and bathroom.
16. Learn how to know in the entrelac pattern.
17. Make the additional parts for my renaissance costume to go with the bodice I bought in October of 2009.
18. Make a long, skinny elemental altar cloth for a personal swap.
19. Crocheted bicycle cape http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=316950.0 something similar to this.
20. Make myself a new purse/bag instead of buying one out of desperation.
21. Make my own rubber stamps.
22. Sew a skirt/bag/whatever and decorate with appliqu!  (new skill!)
23. Finish hubbys boob pillow (men never grow up!)
24. Polymer clay buttons.
25. Make re-usable grocery bags.  (Ive tried this before and failed  they got frogged.  Must finish bags!)
26. Make a light box for my bedroom.
27. Attempt making my own candles.  Then I could make the scents I want!
28. Create an altered puzzle.
29. Dye my own yarn! (not spin Im there quite yet Smiley)
30. Scoodie for my most awesome Chorus/Drama assistant in colors that remind you of the ocean at sunrise.  Finished 1/10/2010
31. Knit a scarf (that doesnt look like it belongs on the short school bus) out of stash yarn.
32. Plan tomatoes on time this year!  Probably in a Topsy Turvy or something similar.
33. Sew myself another skirt, possibly a wrap-around.
34. Make the rainbow skirt Ive been collecting fabric for (going on 3 or 4 years now).
35. Start an etsy store OR get a booth at a craft show.
36. Make the crocheted infinity wrap from Interweave Crochet a while back.
37. Finish the cthulu mask for my personal swap.
38. Make pillow covers (for couch pillows much cheaper than the really pretty ones at World Market).
39. Organize all the craft/crochet/knitting magazines, books and pages into notebooks & bookshelves.  All in one place  what a concept!
40. Fabric bowls/boxes
41. Make my own messenger bag.
42. Re-finish/Refurbish a chest of drawers I picked up from someones garbage into a useable piece of furniture.
43. Make a mosaic (possibly a table top  I have a coffee table that would LOVE to be redecorated!)
44. Expand my baking abilities.  Create yummy food stuffs from scratch...  not the box.  Resurrect some of the recipies that have been passed down from my grandmothers and great-grandmothers.

I'm glad I'm trying this.  Hopefully it'll help me get through some of the projects I've been meaning to do for a long time now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010 06:36:36 AM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 23, 2010 09:13:49 AM »

1 down, 49 to go.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 4/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Traditional Granny Square Pattern
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...