A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 303858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yofi
« Reply #770 on: January 14, 2010 12:26:46 PM »

No list from me -- I've got ideas in my head, but I usually go with the spirit when it hits.  (sorry for the poor quality of pictures this  morning; not sure what my little phone camera was up to.)

Finished three more hats for my knitting groups charity project.  I love the unpredictability of varigated yarn -- when the colors line up it makes you look much smarter than you are.

#3 Charity Hats

The scrappy hat looks better on.  Literally made with scraps, changing from knit to purl and back with each new yarn.

Finally cut mats and framed some pretty noted cards I've had kicking around for a while.  Took a while to find mats for three Indian pieces that coordinated with each other and the colors in the cards.  I couldn't find something that would pick up the colors in the other two prints until I noticed the giant roll of contractors paper, like thick kraft paper, that I wrap packages in.  Perfect!

#4 Framed pictures

And then, not exactly crafty, but I have finally organizaed my yarn and fabric, at least.
$5 over the door shoe organizer for *most* of my yarn stash that's not heading into a project:

A shelf in the same corner; bags hold a bazillion little balls of left over yarn, sample squares and other orts.  Folded fabric and stacks of supplies, and boxes with half finished projects. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #771 on: January 14, 2010 12:41:51 PM »

Nice. I wish I could have shelves like that. I gotsta stick to bins I have to dig out of my closet. :/ Maybe I'll work on organizing my actual closet, so I can GET to those bins. Smiley Step 3 in my organization goal:: CLOSET! Smiley (Fabric, Yarn, Closet is the order, to those of you who don't know.)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #772 on: January 14, 2010 12:51:41 PM »

ha ha KLKing--I had to put my list into my signature so I could find myself again!

love the hexagon quilt--you are off to a great start karimybunch!

yofi--the scrappy hats for charity are wonderful and I like what you did with framing your art pieces!! looks like you also made progress in your ogranization--*sigh*  someday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
yofi
« Reply #773 on: January 14, 2010 12:58:32 PM »

I just bought an amazing house this summer, and one of the most amazing features is a huge bedroom with a bank of four south-facing windows.  It's slowly becoming my craft room/library.  Look for more pictures of that room this year, as I replace the molding, patch the plaster, replace the doors, paint the walls...etc....

But it is a fabulous space!

(The bookshelves are great fold down things.  I now have 4 of them in the sitting room and three in the craft room and am on the hunt for more.  Forget whatt they cost, but they were reasonable.  And they stack nicely.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
envirocraft
« Reply #774 on: January 14, 2010 01:16:01 PM »

Crafting FAIL!!!

I tried to do another shirt recon, and it was a disaster.  I hate it. LOL  It is going to be taken apart and changed completely.

I was originally inspired by this dress:

It's from http://mymamamadeit.blogspot.com/  Super cute right??

And I had this brown tee shirt, which, as you can see has a grease spot on the boob. Sad

So I think you can guess where this is going.....

And it turned into this:

I think it's kinda gross. I feel like a clown.  Or as my boyfriend pointed out, it might be something a 5 year old would wear.  One more just for funzies:

In conclusion:
Dress by Alexis Meschi, super cute
Shirt by Jill, cute...if you're in the circus. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
envirocraft
« Reply #775 on: January 14, 2010 01:18:43 PM »

In addition to making a shirt I don't like, as I was just finishing it, I broke my sewing machine needle!!! WHOOPS!

So now until I buy a new one, I can't do any of my sewing projects!!!  Good thing I do more that just sew! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #776 on: January 14, 2010 01:19:24 PM »

you are too funny!!!

maybe if you tried to make it narrower and longer...plus, the model has no curves at all so I think the ruffles give them to her Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
lady4feet
« Reply #777 on: January 14, 2010 01:27:32 PM »

you are too funny!!!

maybe if you tried to make it narrower and longer...plus, the model has no curves at all so I think the ruffles give them to her Wink

I agree with the narrow and longer, I think with yours being shorter it looks a bit bib like.

I hate it when crafts, especially clothes, don't come out like I want. I think out of all my recons I only have 1 or 2 that I've actually liked in the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #778 on: January 14, 2010 01:30:56 PM »

I'd say knit or crochet some "lace". Alwaysinmyroom is right, she doesn't have any... But I didn't like her shirt to begin with. But if you wanted to continue with the idea, I would ruffle downward, because you're curvy, the circle ruffle doesn't do anything for you but look bulky on your bust.
Straight down ruffles  (WITHOUT the red, that's what's making it look "clownish") would look beautiful on you. like

!!!!!!
!!!!!!
 !!!!
  !!

More or less. That's what I plan on doing with a shirt I'm trying to mess with. Smiley I think you should try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funtobewith
« Reply #779 on: January 14, 2010 01:51:48 PM »

I think its super cute, it might be the color combinaton that gives it the cirus feel Smiley wear it cuz you like it... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslie <><
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Grill the Perfect Burger with Chef Jamie Purviance
The Difference Between BBQ And Grilling
How to Make Southern Pulled-Pork Sandwiches
Swiss and Mushroom BBQ Burger Recipe
Man U: How To Grill
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...