A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 298390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kttgoth
There she goes... talking again.

The Rabid Zombie Bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: January 10, 2010 09:36:04 AM »

I'm the same way ktt. I do swaps too, so I wonder just how much I'll suffer from trying to do all of my projects. T.T

I'm scared of swaps right now, but I'm still a newbie, so I'm sure that's usual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #581 on: January 10, 2010 09:39:56 AM »

I love that sweater tute, too! I just had to comment on the kitten named Bama. My cousin has a Bluetick Coonhound she rescued from death row at a shelter in AL and named Bama.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #582 on: January 10, 2010 10:57:13 AM »

not sure if I could have swallowed my pride and make ANYTHING Bama related...ha ha

love the sweater recon and tute

looking forward to a lot of posts maybe tomorrow...hope everyone had a crafty weekend!

oh--almost forgot to comment on the doll dress--I think it is good that you were able to repair the old doll and make it new clothes...I did that with my old doll and my sister's as well!  At least she is no longer naked!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010 10:59:09 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

karimusbunch

details, details, details. it's gonna work out.

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2010 11:20:42 AM »

sorry i haven't been on in a while, guess i'm just a slowpoke. Smiley luckily, i still have 355 days, right?
anyway, i have started on my first project, but it's a big one, so it'll probably be on the back burner any day now as i start some smaller things...

it's my baby blanket quilt, and i'm using hexagon paper pieces. i feel really ambitious, because i'm not much of a seamstress, and this is my first quilt.

this makes me look organized. Smiley
50/2010: 1 WIP

blogged @ karimusBUNCH.blogsp ot.com
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010 01:44:10 PM by karimusbunch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #584 on: January 10, 2010 11:24:21 AM »

Nice start--and yes, you do look organized!  How many more pieces do you need or are you done cutting out?

how big will it be and are you using a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karimusbunch

details, details, details. it's gonna work out.

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2010 11:36:46 AM »

Nice start--and yes, you do look organized!  How many more pieces do you need or are you done cutting out?
how big will it be and are you using a pattern?

no pattern, just going with the flow. i found a mini-tutorial here: http://www.thimbleblossoms.com/Thimble_Blossoms/Hexagon_Quilt_Tutorial.html
there's no pattern or definite size. i found a template for the hexagons on flickr, and actually made them bigger in microsoft word. i've used less than half of each blanket, so if i decide it's not big enough, i can always cut out more. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #586 on: January 10, 2010 01:25:08 PM »

Very organized Karimusbunch!
I haven't made too much progress. But I guess I'm still working on swap stuff. 10 days left before sendouts, and I still have a bunch to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soorawn
« Reply #587 on: January 10, 2010 02:01:43 PM »

Arf!  At last!
You see... when I found this thread I wanted to join immediately... but first I had to go through the (currently +58 pages) whole topic.  And I am stubborn.  It's taken me a few days, but I did it.  I've enjoyed seeing the various lists and first finished projects.  You all are full of ideas and this place is so inspiring!  By joining I intend to boost my creativity a little and, very especially, motivate myself.  I need a good kick and this might help me.  I'll just try.
I have been preparing a list as well, thinking of all my unfinished projects and all the things I have in mind to do soon.  I don't have 50 yet, but I am not concerned - a lot more will come during the year.  Also I am pretty sure I won't be able to finish all these things in my list, since some of the projects are going to take me forever.  Some are stuff I really need as of yesterday, some I've never tried but I want to, some are things I haven't done for a while even though I love them.  Well, here goes my initial, draft, introductory proposed list of potential projects for this year:

1-Finish a dress for a friend - WIP.  I should have finished it already, but I am way to slow T.T
2-A gym bag for my significant one.  With luck he'll get it for St Valentine...
3-Pyjamas.  If possible, 2.  I'm in big need of them, and I have the fabric already.
4-Red velvet top.
5-Cream velvet top.
6-Suit - WIP.  It's already cut.
7-Coat.  I want one of those lovely things with wide skirts and fitted at the waist.  But this'll probably be one of my last projects, since I have a rather new coat already...
8-Trousers.  Two pairs at least along the year.
9-x-stitch a bookmark and laminate it.
10-Bag for meals, bento-style.  It'll probably be a handbag roomy enough for my lunches.
11-Finish tute for my website.  It's a very detailed one... when I finish this, I'll explain better.  WIP.
12-Finish red dress -WIP.  This is a lovely silk long dress I wanted for a dance.  I fell ill and couldn't finish it or go to the dance, and it's been hanging there in my wardrobe for ages, lacking lining and sleeves.  I think it's time to finish it!
13-Summer blouse -got the most interesting pintucked fabric for it!
14-Try making some undies.  I see a pattern here... it looks like everybody wants to try this Cheesy
15-Shorts for sleeping.  The pyjamas are great for winter, but the rest of the year I settle for an old t-shirt and some comfy shorts.  I already made a pair in satin and they're great.  Time for more!
16-Corset.  Totally new at this.  One day I'll gather the courage to draft this pattern and go for it.
17-Finish lace gloves - WIP.  I should have tried to make my first pair of gloves out of something solid  Tongue Roll EyesIf I everWhen I finish them they're going to look so smart, though.
18-Doll.  A biggish one.  New skill to learn here.
19-Ferret plush.  I found a pattern that looks way too cute not to do this!
20-Backgammon.  I'm painting the board on glass and the tokens will be made of resin.
21-Handbag.  A really pretty, eye-turning, interesting one.  We'll see.
22-Fix blue skirt.  It's a very long skirt that got caught in the bus doors and ripped.  The bottom has got a lot of lacey stuff though, so I have to cut carefully and redesign the whole hem.  I just cannot reconstruct the badly harmed old one.
23-Make some new magazine holders out of PC, or mend the old ones.
24-Rack for DVDs.  Probably out of hard cardboard that I'll line with something.
25-Bombonieres/lavender bags.  Ok, this is in the list, I wrote it myself some time at night before falling asleep.  Don't ask me why I wanted to, it seemed a good idea at the time.  I'll eventually end up remember what I wanted to do with them.
26-Finish Anna Sui skirt - WIP.  This is something I started months ago, to emulate a really beautiful design someone here in Craftster pointed out to.  It only needs hemming now, and the pockets, but I interrupted the work when I moved to my new room and I haven't touched it since...
27-Make some paper - WIP.  Began to prepare it in a whim, to be able to reuse a fair amount of tissue paper I wasted trying to clean the sole of my iron.  I've wanted to do this for a long time, so...

That's it at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #588 on: January 10, 2010 03:02:14 PM »

1. Medieval Faire outfit #1
2. Medieval Faire outfit #2
3. recon t-shirt skirt
4. button down shirt
5. pajama pants for me
6. pajama pants for wife
7. dashiki for me
8. wallet for a guy friend
9. long maxi halter dress
10. baby quilt for a friend
11. infinity dress
12. patchwork tiered skirt
13. patchwork dress
14. recon corduroy pants with side insets
15. rockabilly cherry dress
16. recon bedsheet top
17. recon bedsheet dress
18. recon bedsheet skirt (I have a LOT of sheets to use! LOL!)
19. pull on shorts
20. bubble tree applique wall hanging for living room
21. sewing machine cover
22. serger cover
23. medieval leather shoes
24. black wool cloak for Medieval Faire (may have to be for next year, as this year's is coming up in only a couple weeks   )
25. appliqued, corduroy messenger bag
26. set of MATCHING reusable shopping bags - at least 6
27. duffle bag (possibly Amy Butler Weekender?)
28. set of 6 season-generic placemats for our dining table
29. gauze pants and tunic outfit for the beach
30. long sleeve top from
31. purse (unsure on style/size)
32. purse (unsure on style/size)
33. sundress (unsure on style/size)
34. sundress (unsure on style/size)
35. organize office/craft room 100%
36. purchase and hang a shadowbox or shelves for whimsy collection

A note on #35...this means to find a suitable container or 2 for WIPs instead of a flapless cardboard box, eliminating the boxes and bags with potential eBay sellables in them on the other side of the room, cleaning up the bookcase so it only houses BOOKS and bookmarks...etc.  My room is constantly in a state of flux, usually about 70% organized chaos and 30% TOTAL chaos and I'm tired of it  Angry  Damnit!  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Ariethine
« Reply #589 on: January 10, 2010 03:52:48 PM »

@soorawn - I have a question about your number 19 item, is the ferret plush pattern a bought item or is it free? I want to make a ferret plush SO badly, (I absolutely ADORE ferrets) but I can't buy patterns on the internet.

@TheSapphireMoon- I feel the same way, but I only have a desk and closet, and only about 20-30% of my things are in ORGANIZED chaos, and the other 70-80% is unorganized T.T I will have to take a picture of my closet for you guys.
I'm adding that to my list as well. Get organized.

What I've done so far:
Hearthstone Pillow
Hearthstone decoration
Platypus pillow. (Dad LOVES it btw!) Grin

T.T I feel sad now. I only finished 3 things so far. Oh well. I guess I had better get back to working. Tongue I think it's plush for me time!!

I absolutely LOVE all your guys' progress! I really want to see an action shot of that medieval dress TheSapphireMoon, that thing is GORGEOUS.  Smiley I'm curious, what is a dashiki?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Summon a Mirror Ghost
How to Create a Ghost Home Video
How to create the Lens Flare Effect
How to Make a UFO Video
Low Passing Plane Trick
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...