A couple days late but I just saw this today.
This is a tentative list of things I'd like to do this year. In 2009 I got 42 major costume-related projects (Costuming is my life) finished, that doesn't include all the other craft related whats-its I did so I think I can do this! I'm looking at this as a chance to use up some serious stash (there's a lot of it) and finally make some of those "psh, I could do that" things that I refuse to buy because I can make it... but never actually getting around to make.
I don't know if I'll get all of these done, but it's a start
1. Finally make my sailor Lolita dress I’ve been wanting to do forever.
2. Sundress out of this yellow hibiscus fabric from Hawaii that my late grandmother gave me before she died.
3. A pair of super ornate spats with lacings and trims and all kinds of stuff.
4. Rasterbate something.
5. Paint my room and design/paint a mural – even if it’s something small.
6. 18th century corset.
7. Learn to mod shoes and make a pair of really amazing boots.
8. High waisted skirt with buttons down front – saw a really cute one in a magazine I’d like to copy.
9. Ruffle front long sleeve blouse.
10. Anthropologie style apron with the tiered ruffle skirt
11. Elizabethan Tall hat to go with my faire costumes
12. Tudor gown for faire.
13. Four costumes for dragon*con this year.
14. Regency Bonnet for our picnic in the spring.
15. Multistrand a-symmetrical necklace with pearls and chains and I don’t know what else.
16. Juicy Couture style purse with the huge grommets and sash around the top.
17. Set of matching 18th century gowns for my BJDs. They sit around on a shelf so they should at least be pretty.
18. Set of historical style playing cards.
19. “Craft Room Organizers” from a simplicity pattern I found for my sewing stuff.
20. 20 or more Lolita skirts for the purpose of selling.
21. Learn to do resin casting so I can make charms for jewelry.
22. Learn to knit and at least start a Doctor Who scarf.
23. Dalek Cake like the one on Ace of Cake. (Nearly wet myself when I saw that).
24. “French Style” memo board for my room.
25. Use up my box of scrapbooking crap and make a scrapbook of my friends and I.
26. Re-cover my computer chair with something not ugly.
27. Bed set with duvet cover and lots and lots of pillows.
28. Screen print something – either with freezer paper or finally get a YuDu.
29. Make some ATCs to frame
30. Make a skirt or dress with an embroidered design on it, something breezy and cute.
31. Modern version of a poodle skirt!
32. Embroider a set of tea towels – either for myself or for someone else.
34. Finish or alter a least five things in my “needs to be fixed/altered” box.
35. Set of felt coasters.
36. Advent Calendar!
37. Banner/Bunting to hang in my room. They make me happy to look at!
38. Fleecey stuffed pillow/bed for my dog.
39. Frilly steel boned corset with matching garter belt and some kind of hat – just because I feel like it.
40. Repo! The Genetic Opera costume to wear to the shadowcast in Atlanta.
41. Mod a tank top to have a ruffled lace and chiffon neckline with beads and whatever else.
42. Sewn “wide band” style halter for my dog.
43. Cross-stitch book mark like the one I made for the doctor who swap a couple months ago.
44. Huge photo collage of all the shows/books/fandoms I like to hang on my wall.
45. Quilt of some sort, haven’t decided what.
46. Make a really awesome pincushion and travel-bag for my sewing with pockets for everything.
47. Gym bag
48. Set of PJs for me
49. Learn how to make tiny felt dolls like some I saw on flickr.
50. Some kind of Mobile or hangy thing for above my computer desk.
51. Vintage-style Housewife