A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 329183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunshinesmiles
« Reply #3710 on: June 22, 2010 05:34:32 PM »

Ahhh I finished things! They were for my first swap ever and I'm definitely counting them since I made my first stuffie, my first decorated dish towels, and my first little cartoon canvas things.

I'll post a picture of everything once my partner get the package! I'm so thrilled to be done with everything and motivated to keep crafting for a baby shower this Friday! Unfortunately, my sewing machine hates me. And I'm really frustrated because the things I had planned actually involve the machine. Ugh.

Anyone have any fixes? Or know of a good, cheap machine to do the basics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts a Year for 2010: I have to recount...
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3711 on: June 22, 2010 05:41:29 PM »

Anyone have any fixes? Or know of a good, cheap machine to do the basics?

You could probably find a sewing machine off of freecycle.com. I have seen many offered and many people requesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SherNWT
« Reply #3712 on: June 22, 2010 05:44:21 PM »

Can you ask your mom to come show you how to thread it?   You probably have just missed something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evilSabina
« Reply #3713 on: June 23, 2010 05:15:47 AM »

Everyone's doing such wonderful things. Unfortunately, I am not. I'm just starting to prime the kitchen cabinets. I had to take a break from working on that to clean my entire house. Because my dog has FLEAS! Angry And now my house has fleas. I guess the flea population around here has developed an immunity to Frontline. UGH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3714 on: June 23, 2010 10:52:35 AM »

evilsabina--I feel your pain...we fogged the whole house and used Frontline on all five animals, but we still have fleas! ugh!  hot and fleas do not make a fun environment to craft in...I just can't get motivated...but, I saw some projects here that look like a lot of fun and I have about six days to finish my paper birthday cake!!

and, if I don't get going on my summer robe, it will be time to make a winter one! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3715 on: June 23, 2010 02:28:13 PM »

I hate to chime in on the flea convo with my own point of view...but...

We had the worst infestation and it was not going away.  I tried everything I could get my hands on from every store in a 100 mile radius, lol...nothing kept them away.  And some of the stuff actually made the situation worse since it added a horrible smell and lots of chemicals to the air, it was awful!  You'd walk through the living room and get 50-60 fleas on you just from walking around in there.  I set flea traps and caught at least 50 every single night.  It was so disgusting!

Finally I broke down and called the exterminator.  It was expensive, which is why I hate to even say anything about it...it was hard to watch that much money going away so quickly.  $100 the first time, and $100 every month for at least three months after that.  (That was Terminix's prices anyway, I called around and couldn't get anything cheaper in our area, but you guys may be able to where you live, idk.)  Anyway, it was worth every cent because the first time he came out and sprayed, there was a huge difference, and three days later not a single flea was left.  That was three months ago and we haven't had a flea since - it was worth the money! 

So, my infestation problem was pretty huge, and it was expensive to get rid of.  But if I would have called the exterminator first, before buying all that over the counter stuff that didn't even work, I could have saved a bunch of money in the long run - none of that stuff is cheap and none of it helped.

At least, not for me...maybe you guys will be more successful!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
J_Kieviet
« Reply #3716 on: June 23, 2010 03:01:17 PM »

Almost finished all 7 sets of altered clipboards with matching pencils/pen set.

Almost finished little black piggy costume.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
xcrafty_mommy
Proud mom of two girls

View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: June 24, 2010 07:34:09 PM »

I know that the year is half over already, but is it too late to join? I really need to get back into crafting everyday and this would be a great motivation for me. Also because I have a craft fair that i'm doing in Nov... If it's not too late to join I will start writing up my list Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
Hoping to do a personal swap for fabric/supplies
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: June 24, 2010 07:58:57 PM »

It's never too late to join in! Welcome! And please post your list so we can all see what your plans are!

I've been MIA for the last few weeks because of my laptop being repaired. Well, I've got it back so I'm back in action! I can hover again! Yay! My phone was waay too slow to do that!

I was recently swamped with swap items but they are all shipped out now and I can focus on my ever growing list! I will be updating my list and photos and posting it all soon. Still have to figure out the priorities for next month.

Take care all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #3719 on: June 24, 2010 09:13:00 PM »

51. tealight lotus june

52. chain necklace june
bad picture, lol

53. hat #1 june

54. hat #2 june

55. hat #3 june

56. necklace june

~~~~~~~~
planning on crocheting some more barbie outfits, maybe even lady gaga inspired.
i'm working on
fbb, blissful, giant granny square, vine and leaf beret, and a scarf
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010 05:52:20 AM by that1girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Succulent Centerpiece
Embellishing Knit Scarves
How to Make a Yoga Bag
How to Make String Lamp Shades
How to Comb Paint to Make Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...