A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 330150 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« Reply #3700 on: June 22, 2010 08:52:31 AM »

QueenNinjaMonkey ~ I love your stars!! The garland is kick ass.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

envirocraft
« Reply #3701 on: June 22, 2010 09:04:18 AM »

anitacj - sorry to hear that.  Rough times definitely make it hard to want to craft.  On the other hand there may be some new craftertunities (yup, that's a word now) such as trying to craft only from what you already have, or make things for the house to save money, I think the frugal craft a long would be full of great ideas, or maybe something to help your husband stay upbeat or help with his job search.  I just finished university and I'm looking for a job and it's tough.  There are bad days, and those are the ones where I need the most love and support.  I'm sure you'll probably find the same sort of thing.  But you need to do whatever is best for you and your family. Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3702 on: June 22, 2010 09:11:03 AM »

QueenNinjaMonkey ~ I love your stars!! The garland is kick ass.

Thanks!  Smiley It seriously took forever, I had callouses on my thumbs from folding them!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
44/150
My List
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3703 on: June 22, 2010 10:17:15 AM »

Checking out all the fabulous projects so far in June!  I just finished up the Awesome Swap, which took me forever to finish ONE thing!!! I do have some pics to post, but maybe this weekend...I am pooped from doing swaps, so I just joined small ones for the rest of the summer!

cursivequeen--your monkey quilt is so perfect for a new baby--I like it much better than some of the more traditional colors and patterns!

The zen garden you made envirocraft is just such a unique project...

I know some of you have slowed down a bit, and sometimes you have to do that to get your mojo back...my DH just finished his painting, which took six months to complete!!!  He is taking a little break before starting the next one, so we are spending some time together drinking margaritas and watching the fireflies... Cheesy

Hope to be crafting a lot this weekend!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #3704 on: June 22, 2010 01:40:34 PM »

Still not finishing anything.  I have managed to finish quilting the table runner that wounded my old sewing machine, finished quilting a one piece globe quilt I started when my boys were small, and am halfway through hoop quilting another one from the same era. 

I am also frantically cleaning.  I just learned that one of DH's college friends is going to be in town with his young family and will be staying with us.  I now have a hard deadline for getting my stash stuffed back in the basement.  Fortunately, even as we speak (OK, even as I type) Boy Blacksmith is building shelves for me!!!!

One cool thing, as part of my sorting, I came across another box full of my grandmother's handcut fabric squares.  Underneath the loose squares we found a stack of 16 patch blocks made of flannel!
I know that there is an old saying that says "she who dies with the most fabric wins".  I am thinking that the real winner is she who inherits.  My grandmother passed away 15 years ago.  It is a real joy to open up a box and be able to touch the fabric that was such a significant part of her life.  She was a young farm wife with small children through the Depression and as such was very thrifty.  As I sort through the squares she (and my grandfather later in his life) traced in pencil and hand cut I see fragments of the garments she made for three generations.  I recognize more of them than I expected.  I have to stop and take a deep breath to realize that some of the best pieces aren't thirties reproductions.  They are thirties fabrics.  It will take some long hard thinking to decide how best to honor them.   

I have also found and need to add to my list...

a pieced woolen top complete with partially dis-assembled pants
globe quilt (I finished quilting it but it needs a binding)
traffic sign quilt top
two pre-pieced lengths of fabric ready to sew into everyday blankets
fabric to slip cover my living room furniture (I may have to hire a professional for that)
more painted fabric squares from my adventures in painting (some already pieced into pillow tops)

Can I count the miserable little cardboard barrel, the pretty cool cardboard crate and the fake ocean complete with seaweed I made as part of our VBS decorations last week? 

Thanks for reading!  I really appreciate having a reason to document my projects so I don't loose so many of them again. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #3705 on: June 22, 2010 01:51:25 PM »

Sounds like you have a lot in progress...I think having a variety of projects ongoing is a good thing...but I am going to lay aside a few hours of week for finishing...I think that is why I swap--I have a forced deadline that I do not give myself otherwise! Cheesy

Someone mentioned writing down on paper and pinning to the fabric or yarn some ideas for what to use it for...I sometimes get overwhelmed and forget (I just cut up a piece of fabric for lining a purse and forgot that I bought it for a quilt back!!  Now I have to go get more similar fabric to complete the quilt! grrr!!)...

waggonswest--how lovely to find such treasures!!!  I have many fond memories of my great grandmother and me sitting on the porch piecing together squares for a quilt...my job was to get as many squares as I could out of each piece of old clothing she gave me...if it had a stain, I marked it so she could embroider over it or put another patch over it...

what is a globe quilt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #3706 on: June 22, 2010 02:00:16 PM »

Always.  I recall sitting under the quilting frame while the ladies worked.  I got the teeny tiny scraps to make doll clothes.  Some of those old dolls were still wearing those silly dresses when we cleaned out the house. 

The globe quilt is just a piece of fabric with a map of the world on it that one of the boys picked out when they were small.  I started quilting along the lat/long lines and then either broke my machine or packed a box in preparation for moving and forgot about it.  Nothing special to anyone other than the boy who has waited literally his whole life to get it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

25/12,  14/13
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #3707 on: June 22, 2010 02:09:36 PM »

Thanks...I was thinking it was some sort of quilt documenting places you have visited...I was trying to think of some sort of project like that for my siblings...countries that we lived in with my military dad...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #3708 on: June 22, 2010 02:18:04 PM »

Now that sounds totally cool! I'm trying to think how you could quilt the sections and then put them all together into a ball... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

25/12,  14/13
4/14
cursive_queen
« Reply #3709 on: June 22, 2010 04:44:52 PM »

You could make little embroidery knots on the "map" where youve lived/visited if you can find a panel of atlas fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Headband Braid
How to Do a Kinky Twist
How to Fake Side-Swept Bangs
How to Ask for the Style You Want at the Salon
How to Create a Classic Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...