A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 305401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3610 on: June 08, 2010 04:04:40 PM »

Also check ebay - out of curiosity I searched ebay and etsy - one person on Etsy is selling a yard of Mario fabric for $10 plus shipping and on ebay there are several listings for mario appliques (so you can cleverly place an applique where you need it and use plain fabric Wink  Only one person has mario fabric there right now and it's a total rip - a piece about the size of a fat quarter and it's going to $5.50 plus shipping. sigh...
You might be better off with the applique or something like that possibly...

but definitely do a google search.  You might get lucky there - novelty prints like that can be hard to find - they come, then they go and then they're gone for good... or at least a long time.  Cry

Oh!  For you Dr. Seuss lovers though - coming this fall to a store near you - Dr Seuss fabric!!  Yay!!  It'll be by Kauffman so if your local store carries Kauffman fabrics, start nagging them to order it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Deeder
« Reply #3611 on: June 08, 2010 04:34:09 PM »

OK, so I was serious when I said I had to have a string garden. So I un-potted my much-neglected orchid and made it my first experiment with this. It might actually be better for it, because (now that I've done some research I've learned something) orchids are air plants and grow on the branches of trees and stuff in the wild. Their roots need a lot of circulation to thrive, so I think this will work wonderfully. Also, orchid roots are naturally in a ball, so there wasn't any dirt involved.

And, since I didn't post any pictures of my garden when I got it planted, here are some now.

The whole thing:

This is all in the walkway of our front yard. Our back yard is completely shaded in the summer, which is a great respite from the Alabama heat, but not so great for tomatoes. So instead of digging up our yard, we decided to go with containers, which we've done before.

Nom nom nom ... I can't wait for that first tomato sandwich!

Cherry tomatoes:

The cukes are beginning to grow, too:

And basil. Can't live without lots of basil (and pesto!):

I'm most proud of this little guy.

All the other plants (and a bunch more not pictured, like green peppers, more tomatoes, parsley and dill) were seedlings when I bought them, but I grew this one from a cutting from the basil plant above. It's the first time I've ever successfully done that! I think I'm gonna do a couple more, because basil grows really well here.

OK, time to do some actual crafting now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3612 on: June 08, 2010 05:42:28 PM »

I got the 2nd quilt done, yeah! Here's the link.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=350149.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3613 on: June 08, 2010 10:31:30 PM »

Wow Pjherb that quilt is beautiful!

Deeder I love all your plants and herbs. I need to grow my own basil too. We love to make our own spaghetti and pizza here. Tongue

Thanks for the heads up on the fabric girls. I did look at those "rip-offs" on ebay. Pft, I would have to salvage every bit of scrap to make 1 measly project.  I might check out etsy in a bit, but will most likely do an applique type of thing.  Maybe I can convince Dh I need an embroidery machine for my birthday, anniversary, or Christmas? All are towards the end of the year, so I should plan out my wish list, hahaha.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FriendlyNeighbourPsycho
« Reply #3614 on: June 08, 2010 10:34:50 PM »

Deeder that looks awesome! I hope your plant thrives now Smiley I have yet to take pictures of mine, it looks like after the string is wrapped around them that they hold their shape amazingly well! Its been raining here for the past 2 days now on and off now, so hopefully it will let up so I can find some places for them and get some pictures!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3615 on: June 09, 2010 12:14:36 PM »

The winner of the May 2010 50 Projects 2010 Craftalong is...

DeannaLynn06!!!!

Congratulations and keep on crafting!!

Thanks to everyone who participated...it was fun and great to see so many projects being posted.  I will be spending the next few days reading the posts I missed!! (and of course, adding to my ever growing list once again! Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

« Reply #3616 on: June 09, 2010 12:20:52 PM »

Thank you so much. I will put it to good crafting use. I already have a long list of things I may get with it...The list exceeds the prize though, so I will have to prioritize.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3617 on: June 09, 2010 12:29:11 PM »

ha ha --isn't that the truth!!  But, it will be fun to get more supplies--you sure had a busy May! YAY!!! congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
celestya22
« Reply #3618 on: June 09, 2010 02:17:01 PM »

hmm. How much fabric would you be looking for with a mario theme? I have 2 left thumbs when it comes to sewing so I'm really clueless (I just bought a yard of quilt batting for my sis to sew me a knitting needle roll....she burst out laughing when she saw it, and asked if my needles had grown that she'd need that much....).
I'm asking because a new store just opened in the city near me (today actually) and they have a Ginormous fabric section. I am hoping to get back near the end of the week and can see if they have anything that might work for you Smiley
Only problem is that I'm in Canada so shipping may be more than usual (guessing you're likely in the USA. I WISH we'd adopt your flat rate boxes up here. Our Canada Post is insane atm. Last thing I sent to the states I actually used Fedex because they were cheaper!  Shocked).
If you'd like me to peek at what they have just let me know and what sort of pattern/theme you were wanting. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3619 on: June 09, 2010 02:50:44 PM »

Grats Deanna! I felt as busy as you were, with graduations, birthdays and holidays.  Undecided Takes up too much crafting time, but it can be a nice break.

Not looking for too much Mario or game themed fabrics. A yrd and one half? Enough to make a laptop sleeve and a small pocket game sized cozy. Hopefully I can find something that fits his Geeky needs.  Cheesy Maybe Joann's will have something? It will never hurt to look, unless your my husband or our debit card.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Garlic Toast
How to Make Macque Choux
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken Legs Part 1/2
How to Make Southern Fried Chicken Legs Part 2/2
How to Make Potato Chips Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...