A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 300091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #3050 on: May 03, 2010 11:46:20 AM »

This is my 7th item, I finished it about 2 weeks ago, but this is the first chance I've had to upload pics.
Its a girl scout fabric quilt from a charm pack (Though by size I think it would technically be a layer cake) I got online.  It was a leader appreciation gift for my 10yr old stepdaughter's leader.
It's being modeled by a twin bed.  It's about the length and width of the mattress, though doesn't hang down the sides.  I was trying to go for random, just place blocks, but appearently I can't really do that... I started making patterns  Roll Eyes

I really have to focus on school the next few months, but I have two projects to finish in may/early june because I need them by june 12th.
Baby Quilt for babysitter
Mini quilt for Modify tradition swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3051 on: May 03, 2010 03:28:36 PM »

Super!  I really need to get a boy scout charm pack/layer cake!!
That is going to be a well loved quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
cursive_queen
« Reply #3052 on: May 03, 2010 04:44:37 PM »

yarn or fabric -- Thanks!  I don't know if she liked it or not.  I dropped if off at the last activity they had (another mom dropped my kid off so I didn't see her after) and she never said anything or emailed or whatever.

equilter.com is where I got the pack.  They had Boyscout fabrics as well.  This back was like $13, i couldn't pass it up.  I had batting from quilt for kids, and the backing was a sheet I had bought and washed only to realize it was too small for my bed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3053 on: May 03, 2010 05:44:15 PM »

I made another necklace for me at work the other day and another button art piece...now I'm at 31/56...damn it all and the making things not actually on my list!  Will snap a pic tomorrow, love the tribal feel to it, and it's in blue...my fave color!

I can't photograph the button art yet, as it will give away the surprise for the duplicate-ish item I am making for a swap Sad  How do I handle this kind of thing, alwaysinmyroom.  I CAN photo and post it....but....in case my partner is stalking my posts and images for swap ideas, it will spoil what I am making her Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3054 on: May 03, 2010 06:00:23 PM »

yarn or fabric -- Thanks!  I don't know if she liked it or not.  I dropped if off at the last activity they had (another mom dropped my kid off so I didn't see her after) and she never said anything or emailed or whatever.

equilter.com is where I got the pack.  They had Boyscout fabrics as well.  This back was like $13, i couldn't pass it up.  I had batting from quilt for kids, and the backing was a sheet I had bought and washed only to realize it was too small for my bed

I am so sorry to hear that she didn't even bother to thank you.  I swear some people are just rude all around. Stinks.
I will definitely check out equilter and look at the boy scout fabric - I am going to do as my mother suggested and start making pieces for my boys to have quilts when they graduate high school with events & interests in their lives so I do need to get some scout fabric squirreled away and I'll probably make their den leaders something nice when they are done as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3055 on: May 03, 2010 06:07:43 PM »

When you post, we can start counting your items...and you guys have to keep track as well, ok?  I know a lot of things are for swaps, but that should not be an issue until we get closer to the end of the month...at that point, I will count them as projects completed, to be posted!

I can't wait to see all of the projects!

OMG--I totally forgot that my QFK is due in a week!  ok--back to crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3056 on: May 04, 2010 06:01:57 AM »

Hot off the camera!!  Pictures! Finally!  I know I'm long overdue!!

Collin & his tooth fairy pillow...  (he picked out the design - gotta love it)

Yet more criss cross coasters - two sets...

And 4 Budha market bags.. Yup. I'm going shopping with the big guy!

I made 3 with this blue flowered fabric for the sides & straps...

and 1 with the viney fabric that I wish I had more of.  I only had enough for 1 market bag  Cry

I will be busy working today on a crochet frog - sorry guys, can't share those pics yet since they are *cross my fingers* going to be in a booklet if I can seal the deal... gotta get the prototypes done soon so I can submit sooner and stop wondering if I'll get them published or not - I'll be leaking out pictures in my FB fan page though Wink

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010 06:06:20 AM by Yarn or Fabric » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
cursive_queen
« Reply #3057 on: May 04, 2010 06:13:51 AM »

That tooth pillow is adorable
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3058 on: May 04, 2010 06:27:08 AM »

oh how cute is that tooth pillow and the little guy holding it!

Thanks for reminding me...need to add to my list!

I also need market bags...lots of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3059 on: May 04, 2010 06:31:26 AM »

For the market bags I used the market tote & coupon holder(which I did not make) from Joann's site.  It was really easy.  The Budha fabric was a tiny bit thin for my tastes so I doubled up those pieces with a really really too thin to use for much anything type of light colored fabric and it worked great.  A friend of mine always lines hers but just using the overlock stitch on your sewing machine should do the trick.  Another friend of mine would do the seam then go back and zigzag off the end to tie it all together - until I showed her the overlock stitch. She was like so that's what that is??!! Wow!  It was great hearing her ooh and aaaah while she was sewing up hers.  I finished my 4 by the time she was finishing her second one  Cool  My machine sews faster.  Sweet.

Golly that pic of Collin is all squashed looking on my screen. Wow. That is just sad.  It looks perfect on Photobucket's site.... 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010 06:31:55 AM by Yarn or Fabric » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw People in Motion
How to Become a Professional Artist
How to Market Artwork
The Basic Supplies for Face Painting
How to Face Paint a Christmas Tree Tattoo
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...