A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 496323 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ariethine
« on: December 28, 2009 04:30:43 AM »

Time to get motivated!! This craftalong is all about the goal to make 50 projects in the new year 2010! Everyone post your lists and crafty plans if you'd like to join!!

For inspiration!
2008::
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=217500.0
2009::
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285023.0

You know, I really don't know the rules on how long projects should take in order to be considered a project, so if there aren't any, then I suppose just make your own!  Cheesy
My idea will be that it takes me more than an hour at least, or belongs in a decent sized set. Smiley I'd say that a hat would be a decent sized project, but maybe if you have time, and more yarn, then a scarf would make it a set, and would be more satisfying to our crafty egos! Wink But this is about getting motivated and having fun, so it really doesn't matter. One of my goals is ALSO to not include items I make in swaps. Maybe I'll stick to it, maybe I won't... who knows?

My List so far::
1.) A semi/formal dress for myself.
2.) A black hat and scarf set for my father. (Supposed to be his Christmas present, but I won't get it done till the new year. Tsk tsk... shame on me...)
3.) Design (If I can't figure out how to print) my own deck of cards. Is anyone tired of the plain old generic kind?? They're not very attractive...
4.) Make myself a book tote!! We have a new library, and it's gorgeous, so I might as well make something gorgeous to fit right in there!!
5.) DIY my desk (My only REAL crafting space/computer space/eating space.) Into an efficient, inspiring, ORGANIZED haven!
6.) Start an EVERYTHING journal... I went to the papercrafts section and died of shock to see the amazing journals they have there. I want one of my own SO badly. I want it to include::Inchies, ATC'S, Crocheting, Writing, sewing, EVERYTHING that I can possibly think of to do. ...I guess I had better learn how to bookbind.
7.) Sew/crochet up an ENTIRE outfit for my Ball jointed doll (Minus shoes, of course). ...She's beautiful, I mean, absolutely GORGEOUS, but I keep her in her case in my closet, because the only part of her clothes that we bought her that REALLY fit her, are her boots. So I want to crochet/sew her something amazing so I can put her on my desk and not be creeped out.
8.) Create at least four simple scenes in bottles. I have a plastic bottle that I LOVE the shape of, won't throw it away, and want to put little origami cranes in.
9.) I want to make myself a tiny top-hat. I LOVE top-hats, and the tiny ones are to DIE for... so that's DEFINITELY one of my goals.
10.) Make at least TWO items of clothing or bags from my selection of patterns. I don't have a lot, but I bought a handful at HF a while ago on their 99cent sale. Why not use them??
11.) Make myself a sweater sleeve cat. I found a cute picture of them, and I made something similar for my grandmother, and now I want one. BADLY.
12.) Make a shirt/sweater/dress/etc for my ferret. I love her to death, and she's adorable (see avatar), and I would love to make her a piece of clothing that doesn't cost a crap-ton, and that doesn't piss her off to try to put it on. I also want to make some ferret toys to go along with this one.
13.) Make myself a petticoat. I LOVE poofy skirts, and I have a couple of skirts, but have nothing to hold them up with. Leading to my next wish item.
14.) Make myself a gothic lolita dress or skirt. Because that's my style. I love them to death, and it would go perfect with my tiny top hat and petticoat wants.
15.) Make myself a cute purse... while I'm at it, might as well make it match my wish-to-make gosurori (gothiclolita) outfit.
16.) Make my boyfriend of two and a half years and myself a quilt. It would be for a full size bed, and I want to finish it by our 3 years, June 10th. I've already got fabrics and batting for it, so I hope it's enough.
17.) Make myself an amigurumi toy! I love them, and I really want one that I've made. I'm thinking a fox. I've got one on my wist, so I know what to reference to.
18.) Make three tampon/pad/pantyliner wallets. One for me, my mom, and my female best friend.... because digging out those sort of things, and having to use them all beat up, and finding them at horrible times is... annoying? Embarrassing? Both? Cha.
19.) Sew my own fabric sewing machine cover. I don't really NEED it... but a pretty one would be nice.
20.) Sew my own monitor and keyboard cover. Why not? Who needs dust. >> I spilled sweet and sour sauce in my keyboard, so I think I've had enough dirty... I've got to pop all the keys out and scour the inside down. The number I've had to do it is literally in the double digits now, and I'm getting REALLY tired of it. Using my brother's crappy keyboard now...
21.) Make a Scoodie. I don't care how, be it fabric or crochet, I'm GOING to make one this year. Haven't picked out for who yet though. But it must be unique from all the others.
22.) Finally get on with my pant reconstruction. I've started, but I'm SUCH a perfectionist, that it's hard to get it the way I want it.
23.) Make a bunch of those fabric circle flowers. They're the ones from synthetic fabric circles that you burn, and they are GORGEOUS. I just got some in a swap from DiscoQueenHighness and I love them. I must make some of my own.
24.) Perfect a slipper pattern of my own. I'm really getting into slippers, because I love knee socks and such, so I had my eye on sewn/crocheted slippers.
25.) Make myself a purse organizer tailored to my exact needs. I can never think of everything i want to keep and everything I want to get rid of, so my purse is always a mess. NOT THIS YEAR!! >> But I'm such a "but I might need...." person... Anyone else? hehe..
26.) Stencil something... Anything. I really think stenciling turns out really cool... so I'm looking forward to trying it. heath_face told me about it, and showed me a couple of her designs, and they're really neat. Smiley
27.) Crochet myself a shawl that I wouldn't be too embarrassed to wear. I don't want it to look like an old lady's... thing... but I like the idea.
28.) Make a stack of cute newspaper gift baggies! I saw the post on craftster and I fell in love with them.  Cheesy
29.) Make four coupon books. One for me, my mother, grandmother, and possibly my boyfriend. (he and I decided that we're going to try to be frugal with money.)  Wink Don't you love hearing a man think like that? He even helped me list all the ways we could think of to save!
30.) Make a lunch set for my middle school aged brother:: Placemat (because they really don't clean the tables in schools. Bleh!) Sandwich wrap, reusable bags for snacks, and possibly find a cheap set of permanent plastic cutlery for him to use. It would save my mom a LOT of money on bags, and even plastic spoons and forks. My other brother is too young to think of not throwing containers away.
31.) Learn to make my own undies!! (Because I hate the ugly generic ones, and the waistbands hurt me, and Victoria secret is WAY too expensive.) And since I don't have a huge chest, I could probably stand to make my own bras too!  Smiley
32.) Challenge to myself:: Make something almost completely from thrift store finds and stash busting. At least 50-75% thrift, because I could make a million projects from stash alone.
33.) Make myself magnets. I LOVE magnets, but I've never made any. I can try to use the free magnets off of the phone books, but they're not too strong. hmmm...
34.) I want to get at least 20 drawing projects done this year. Small to large, doesn't even matter to me. I LOVE drawing, but I really don't do it a lot... like... at ALL anymore. O.o Wow.. I can't REMEMBER the last time...
35.) I want a portable craft kit. A bag to put it all in, my own handmade needlebook, a tiny case full of my sewing supplies, etc etc.... to fit my crafting needs. Will probably be a mixed media project.
36.) A pair of armwarmers of my own pattern. I've already started on the pattern, but I keep losing track of where I am. (Don't really write up patterns.) So I want some that go up to where my forearm meets my elbow. Crocheted of course...
37.) Crochet with twine to make a basket. I love baskets, because they're always useful for SOMETHING. And I'm pretty sure twine is RELATIVELY inexpensive.
38.) I keep seeing wallets everywhere... so I want a wallet. I don't know what it's gonna hold, and I don't know what to make it with... but I want a wallet. And more than likely I'll make a checkbook cover to match it!! Smiley
39.) Challenge to myself. Make and sell at least 10 crafts. Internet really isn't an option for me, because I don't have credit cards, and I don't want them. So I'm going to have to try and network. Maybe some of the cute little shops on main street take handmade goodies. hm....
40.) Hmm.. an apron. I don't need one... but I see them a lot, and I think that it would be cool just to have one. Makes me want one. I think I'll add to that, another mini apron just for the heck of it. Because everyone should have one.  Wink
41.) Challenge to myself:: Something embroidered... I can't embroider, but I'm going to try. Even if it's something small, but it has to be detailed. I think I'll steal the really awesome idea from Aikibookworm to embroider something, keep it in the hoop, and then apply buttons and whimsy to it. Smiley Hope she doesn't mind.
42.) A summer dress. Something light and flowy... but still not simple. Don't have any ideas on the design yet, but I definitely will be when I think about it.
43.) I think I'll choose from either an altered puzzle and a shoe reconstruction on this... Or maybe I'll pull a fast one on myself and do both.  Wink
44.) 5 Sets of earrings. Maybe not all for me. All depends.
45.) I want to try to make a wrap-around skirt! It just struck me all of a sudden...  Cheesy But I think I'd love it!
46.) At least 10 grocery bags. I really want some, and the generic store brand kind are so... how you say.. UGLY. I'd honestly be embarrassed to be seen with one. Yuck.
47.) 4 Ninja/Surgical masks! One for me, my two brothers and my boyfriend!
48.) At least 10 fabric origami cranes. Been dying to make some out of fabric since I learned how to in paper.  Wink
49.) Use 50 patches this year on projects.
50.) Think I can make 990 paper cranes this year to make up for the only 10 I plan on doing in fabric?? I think that I'm just daring enough to try.   Wink  I'll be ambitious.

Much Crafty Loves,

Ariethine!

Little Extra "Rules" :: I think that all joiners should post what you did approximately each week. (It's not a serious rule, because obviously you're not really on a deadline, and you're not going to be kicked out or get in trouble in anyway, but just something to show progress by.) I mean, monthly would be good too. But who really wants to wait that long??  Cheesy You are allowed to join this craft-along at ANY time of the year, in case anyone comes along wondering. EVERYBODY is allowed to join. Everyone from newbies with zilch posts to well seasoned craftster crafters. Wink  So from now on, if anybody asks, I'll know that you didn't bother to go through and read the whole thing. Just say you're in, or you're joining, and share what you've done this year. Smiley
Any kind of actual crafts will be welcomed, paper crafts, jewelry, knitting, crocheting, etc... I wouldn't go as far to say writing or poetry... that's quite a different field... but drawings definitely work. Sculpture, home improvement... just anything crafty that you enjoy and/or had to do  Wink and want to share!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 08:19:34 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nirauan
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009 06:51:15 AM »

me me me!!

its going to take me a couple of days to come up with a list though...

would it be ok to put something like 'make something with the red yarn that has been in my stash for two years' or is that cheating because its not specific?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009 07:01:55 AM »

No way! Totally not cheating.
I would say ANY kind of project. Household crafting, like painting, making papercrafts, weaving, crocheting, knitting, sculpting, recycling something into something new, stash busting a certain amount of whatever. I would definitely count that. Even if it is a little vague! Smiley  Any kind of craft that is really a craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lydiaharper
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009 07:22:49 AM »

I have already started my list!  LOL  I am also gonna try to not include swap items, but think I will include holiday gifts!  I will offically start on January 1st, and will post y pics as I go along. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cierah99
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009 07:30:10 AM »

My list:
Completed:
1. Niece's Birthday Present - alien puppet

1. Lace snowflake ornaments
2. Cross Stitch ornament kit
3. Snake and ladders cross stitch game

4. fabric luggage tags (x4)
5. passport holder (x2)
6. garmet bag
7. carry on bag
8. 100% handmade Christmas
9. 100% knit socks
10. 100% handmade underwear
11. Switch to sugaring
12. Try crayon tinted embroidery
13. Spindle spinnning (enough to make 1 thing from the yarn)
14. ba-humbug and regular red christmas hat
15. own x-stitch pattern for next year's ornaments (x4)
16. Finish this years 'Suck it' ornament.
17. Decorate the bathroom in moustache theme
18. Embroider bread bags/ french bread bag
19. Sew a wallet
20. Pincushion
21. Ciruclar/straight needle organization
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010 12:24:22 PM by cierah99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Casey1201
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009 07:45:02 AM »

Yes! I totally stalked last years and wanted to join in but by that time is was already August. I started my list so will be working on adding to it during the next couple of days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
Craftsy
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009 08:25:30 AM »

I too wanted to join last year but didn't find it till it was to late. I will start jotting down my list and post it this week sometime. Hopefully this will motivate me to get more things made this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009 09:30:42 AM »

Very interested here! same as some others, i didnt get to join in on 2009, so 2010 would be a good one for me.
DO we post our lists here and bookmark the page to update/crossout the ones we complete? Post pics as we complete them?
I will start making up my list...... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009 09:52:38 AM »

Cant wait to join again! I was a participant last year and I need to complete three more projects before the new year! I hope I can get done!  Shocked

Here is my list so far:
-Chunky books
-Rapunzel scarf
-Python Mittens (For my new python I got for christmas- it's an inside joke we have because...he has no hands Roll Eyes )
-Freddie Highmore/august rush poster (For one of my best friends  Grin)
-Mixed media
-Childrens Book Altered Art
-Paint Chip Note Cards
-Octopus Plushie
-Finish my second Altered Journal
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nirauan
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009 10:00:29 AM »

hmm

would cookery projects count? my cooking experience is practically zero and i want to learn for when i can finally afford to live on my own again, this would give me some incentive to actually get down to it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...