A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A human with an affinity for elf culture Xmas skirt!.!  (Read 3352 times)
Tags for this thread: elf , skirt , christmas  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TrickyMcVomit
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2009 10:06:36 AM »

I numbered the main points so you know what I'm talking about =0P

I have bright red hair (1) all year 'round...I love dressing up, that can also happen year 'round...This little number came from the idea of the skirt which was inspired by watching "Elf" everyday for a week straight...

I have tons of red fur in my stash and every now and then I figure out how to use it..and when I fell in love with this boring white sweater, I had to give it some color...I knew it would be my christmas sweater...so I hand stitched the red fur (2) to the hood and strung in some striped ribbon as a draw string (3) the ends of each have a gold bead and a teeny tiny red jingle bell

The skirt is actually two skirts, the green underskirt is a fleece throw I found at a drug store for 2$.
The red is felt...they are both simple no sew circle skirts, the green I did without a guide, but the red I had to lay out and make sure the zig zags were even (enough) I cut the waist for the red one a tiny bit too wide, so I had to give it a drawstring (4) so I punched tiny holes and wove the same ribbon from the hoody in and out of them so I can tighten it....the red skirt also has a bead on each point, but I only glued them so a bunch of them fell off =0(

I made the hat (5) as well from red stashed fleece and the rest of the green throw, it has 2 long points that rest on my shoulders like a jester..

My mother and I went to the mall on Xmas eve day and when we got our lunch the girl at the counter asked if "A lot of the the little kids cry" I had to explain that I didn't work there...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2009 10:13:25 AM by TrickyMcVomit » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ska Hippie
Ambitious Amateur at Everything

~Add a lil *color* to your life~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009 10:50:33 AM »

You're my favorite lmao Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss paparazzi
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009 10:51:49 AM »

Sweet!  Cheesy I love it and I love your red hair! Makes me miss my fuchsia hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandroo

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009 10:59:43 AM »

you are what i wish i could be.  (not an elf, but someone who actually does fun things like this for christmas).  beautiful.  i am so jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009 12:02:06 PM »

That is just adorable!  And I love your red hair.  If I was younger I would have to try to do that to my hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
TrickyMcVomit

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009 12:04:10 PM »

Thatnk you guys!.!
I actually used to be the biggest grinch...it wasn't a Holiday until someone told me a I ruined it...I take pride in having not ruined a holiday in years =0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
merlina
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009 05:21:49 PM »

Oh, I LOVE your outfit (and your hair!! <3)! Very creative. I also like how you could keep wearing parts of it all year round and keep a bit of the Christmas spirit alive. Wink Have you had any small children ask you how the North Pole is yet? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TrickyMcVomit

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009 11:15:41 AM »

Oh, I LOVE your outfit (and your hair!! <3)! Very creative. I also like how you could keep wearing parts of it all year round and keep a bit of the Christmas spirit alive. Wink Have you had any small children ask you how the North Pole is yet? Smiley
I wore the hat and sweater with jeans a week or so before so it wasn't too much of an overkill and it went over well!.!

I haven't gotten any kid comments yet...though years ago, the older kids always try to spoil it for the smaller ones, I'd tell them that I had a summer job at the North Pole once helping to prep the reindeer for the flight...I can remember how completely miserable I was the year I found out...They'll find out sooner or later, but some kids still have a few years left in them =0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chaoticpassion
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009 05:32:06 AM »

This is great, and so are you <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.com
fliztods
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010 11:46:23 PM »

I love it! You look super cute!
(I'm a human, raised by humans.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 1
How to Curl Hair with A Flat Iron
How to change an Old Hairstyle for a New Look
How to get a New Look for Your Hair
How to Get Sexy Hair Waves with a Hair Straightener
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...