A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Vegas in August  (Read 17789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005 11:02:24 AM »

I'll definetly be checking out the craft fair on the 22nd (oct) so maybe we can all check that out-It's in the NW area.  Or I'd be willing to drive somewhere to meet up with everyone, I've finally got some free time on my hands for the next couple of weeks.

On a random note, they just finished the most beautiful park up here! (Buffalo and Washington)  It's amazing... there's a gorgeous tennis center and dog areas and playgrounds and grilling and picnic areas.  If anyone's in the area DEFINETLY check it out.  I just went there for the first time yesterday and I was so happy to see something so nice and clean here in LV.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

earth mama diva

"She's crafty-that's what I like" - Beastie Boys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2005 05:31:34 AM »

Hey Everyone!

Talk to me about the craft fair on the the 22nd. I don't know anything about it. I'd love to go and finally meet everyone! I've wanted to get together, but I have NO furniture and can't really invite anyone over, and I can't think of anywhere to meet.

(Keri, I have your number, I'm sorry I haven't called...I will this week on my day off)

On another note, I've been working on my Halloween costume for the last few weeks and am almost done I'm so excited I can't wait to take pictures and post. In true Vegas form I have made a "Poker Fairy" costume. I made a skirt, wings, wand and tiara all completely out of playing cards!! I promise to post as soon as I'm done.

Anyone else working on Halloween crafts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess
aschnebly

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2005 10:27:23 AM »

I don't know much about it, except that I saw some flyers up at the Kmart near where I'm at saying that there would be one in the parking lot there!  On the 22nd and two other dates.  I wan't to go and check it out and see if there are a lot of people there.  Its off the Summerlin Pkwy, Buffalo Exit (Buffalo and Washington) near where I'm at (NW area of town).  I really don't know much about it, but I'm always up for checking out crafts, ya know? 

I'm sure we could meet up maybe at my house sometime? Except right now it's a mess. But it does have furniture (even if it is secondhand!)

I wish I could go out for Halloween! It's SO much fun here and SOOOO crazy.  This year I'll just be staying in with my husband and dress up the daughter and dog for trick or treaters... le sigh.  Your costume sounds so cute, earth mama! I made a dog costume for a swap on here, but haven't done anything for here yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KerriedAway

Goldenly Delicious

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2005 01:17:38 PM »

Ladies! .. so i tried to take initiative, but then i didnt take it too far.  My apologies. 
I think this upcoming craft fair should be our first date! .. platonic of course. That'd be fun to meet up at your house, aschnebly and then head over together? Maybe have some lunch or something of the like?  Im off work for track break, which has been real sweet, so Im not stressed out about teaching at all currently.  Perfect timing. 

And that costume sounds pretty impressive earth mama! So vegas style. 

October 22nd, Craft Fair, Im in. 
Kerri
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the ravens and the seagulls push each other inward and outward
inward and outward
in this place that i call home
my brain's the cliff, and my heart's the bitter buffalo
earth mama diva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2005 01:24:00 AM »

I'm totally in! Just gimme a time and place and I'm there!

I haven't met anyone since I've been here and my closest thing to a friend is my mother-in-law! It'll be nice to finally meet everyone (not to mention go to a craft fair!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess
ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005 05:31:48 AM »

I dunno if I can make it to the craft fair! It sounds like so much fun too! My husband works 14-15 hours a day out at the del web anthem. He's got our one and only vehicle!! Thanksgiving is when we are flying home and driving the other vehicle up here. If I can't make it, ya'll have tons of fun and I'll have to catch you the next meet up.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aschnebly

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005 01:42:27 PM »

Oh I hope you can come!  Though, we only have one car right now, I  understand your pain!

It really sounds like fun Cheesy though I don't even want to think about leaving the house with this HORRIBLE WEATHER!!!   The roads are miserable, drive safely!

Kerriedaway, do you have everyone's e-mails?  I guess we should figure it all out, I'm so bad at getting organized!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theartofmegan
Tutorial Contributor

One Crafty Wife Lady

Cr4ftN3rd. <3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2005 10:07:55 PM »

So, oh my goodness craft fans.

The verdict (and job offer letter) is in:   I'm moving to Vegas in like, 3 weeks.

*sigh*

Ok, must think, packing, organizing, and whatnot... do i really have to box up my craft stuff for a whole week or two?  Cry

Anyway, once we get settled in, I bet I'll get pretty bored.  The only people we'll know out there is my boyfriend's friend! 

Oh fellow craftster friends, please save me! *double sigh*

No, really though, this is going to be fun.  Look forward to meeting some of you soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art, Crafts, Fashion, Love.
http://www.theartofmegan.com

Visit my Etsy Stores!

The Art of Megan
Handmade, Vintage, and Recycled Craft Supplies at http://theartofmegan.etsy.com

HomeGrown Fashion
Unique, down-to-earth fashion, accessories, and home decor
http://homegrownfashion.etsy.com
earth mama diva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005 01:33:24 AM »

I'm getting worried about the rain. Do you think the fair will be called off? Is it outdoors? Maybe we should plan to meat at a Starbucks or something in case the fair is ixnayed. At least we can still all meet and hang out.

Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladymare

Do Your Ears Hang Low?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005 05:22:09 AM »

eh, I don't think the rain will last much longer. Although my parents want it to - in hopes that vegas will float to Texas, lol.

theartofmegan - what part of Vegas will you be moving to?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicory-Coffee Glaze Cookies Recipe
How to Make Peppermint Bonbon Cookies
Tex-Mex Brownie Recipe
Festive Eggnog Cookies Recipes
How to Make Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...