A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: beaded snowdrop pendant now with tutorial!  (Read 10100 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009 , tutorial , pendant  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2009 06:02:33 AM »

i made this pendant for my mum (her favorite flowers are snowdrops) as part of her christmas present. this was my first attempt at making up my own pattern (i've followed tutorials before to make flowers but nothing this fiddely! ) since i was short on cash i used a few strands of copper wire from i salvaged from an old electrial cable.
overall im happy with it though if i make anymore i will try to get hold of silver beading wire as the copper (especialy in certain lights) is rather obvious ( i chose the wire rather than the nylon thread because i thought it would hold its shape better and give the pendant more strength)

the snow drop is made with ladder stitch (i think a diagram is probably the easiest explanation) green circles represent green beads and white circles are pearl beads. i used seed beads with a few slightly large beads (as indicated on the pattern by larger circles)

start at the bottom as indicated by the arrow. make 3 of the 'petals'.

use one of the wires from one of the petal pieces and stitch as indicated by the zigzag lines.

then set aside.

make the 'bell' of the snowdrop starting at the bottom as indicated by the arrow. make 4 of the 'bell' pieces.

use one of he wires from one of the bell pieces to stitch together as indicated by the zigzag lines in the pattern adding the beads that will form the bell's 'frill' as you go.

take all the wires and tread through one slightly larger beads in the same colour as you have used white parts of the snowdrop.

pass this through the top of the petal piece you had set aside so the bell hangs between the petals.

take all the wires from both pieces and thread through the beads (using whatever number you want to reach your desired length of stem) finishing with two larger beads as shown in the pattern below.

i havn't tried to create a tutorial before so if you are unsure dont hesitate to ask and i will try to clarify. Smiley
depending on the thickness of wire you chose you may need to adjust the size of beads you use accordingly.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010 11:43:22 PM by maxxev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katebug
A creative mess is better than tidy idleness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009 07:33:09 AM »

it's beautiful! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. <3 my boys and girls club!
TEline91
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009 08:44:35 AM »

This is beautiful! I really want to make this for my mum, could you post the pattern? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009 04:45:23 PM »

I love it, my son was born in January and I believe that is Jan's flower...beautiful! (going to try working with seed beads as a resolution this year..this is inspiring!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009 06:00:15 PM »

Very clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009 09:40:31 PM »

This is beautiful! I really want to make this for my mum, could you post the pattern? Smiley

i made up the pattern and to be honest im not entirely certain how i did some of it (i actualy  sat down and planed the petals but the center bit i kinda made up as i went along Embarrassed )
but i'l  can see if i can create some kind of tutorial
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TEline91
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009 08:46:25 AM »

i made up the pattern and to be honest im not entirely certain how i did some of it (i actualy  sat down and planed the petals but the center bit i kinda made up as i went along Embarrassed )
but i'l  can see if i can create some kind of tutorial

That would be great Cheesy I already went out and got beads and wire Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmysSculpturalBeading

www.sculpturalbeading.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009 12:19:51 AM »

Nice job! I find Victorian/ladder stitch beading to be really fiddly, especially with smaller beads and wire! Neat work and beautiful flower pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sculpturalbeadi ng.com

I like personal swaps!
uluru
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010 01:05:12 PM »

Another vote for a pattern - snowdrops are my favourite and you've really captured their delicacy! Lovely job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010 10:57:43 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Chibi Hair
How to Glass Paint Pictures
How to Use a Calligraphy Brush
How to Use a Calligraphy Set
How to Learn Calligraphic Styles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...