A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bella's Hat *Pattern Included* (Twilight)  (Read 22835 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , twilight , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sn0wyM1dN1ght
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2009 01:29:03 PM »

I was so excited to try this pattern because this is the best Bella hat I've seen and I love anything connected to movies - I'm a dork like that - then I realized I'm newish to crochet (I do know how to do Fpdc, Bpdc though) and I don't understand the first line:

Ch 1 or use magic circle, Ch 2

Let's say I'm not going to use magic circle so am I doing ch 2 or ch 3? I'm confused by the separate Ch 1 and then Ch 2.

Sorry, but sometimes I'm a real dummy when it comes to reading patterns. I understand the rest of the pattern though. I know once it gets explained I'm going to feel embarrassed.  Wink

Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2009 03:20:43 PM »

I was so excited to try this pattern because this is the best Bella hat I've seen and I love anything connected to movies - I'm a dork like that - then I realized I'm newish to crochet (I do know how to do Fpdc, Bpdc though) and I don't understand the first line:

Ch 1 or use magic circle, Ch 2

Let's say I'm not going to use magic circle so am I doing ch 2 or ch 3? I'm confused by the separate Ch 1 and then Ch 2.

Sorry, but sometimes I'm a real dummy when it comes to reading patterns. I understand the rest of the pattern though. I know once it gets explained I'm going to feel embarrassed.  Wink

Thank you.
It's all good  Grin

chain 2
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2009 01:47:49 PM »

I made this hat, because I love your hat patterns and couldn't decide upon which one to make, and had grey cotton around... the most boring hat in the world, but I know some Twilight fans who might like it... and then I offered it in the current round of the Sweat Shoppe Swap, and it looks like a lot of people wiill want it, so I am currently making another one in white.

I love the pattern! Everyone wonders how you can be so fast with crochet, and now that I make your patterns (I also made the Valentine Slouchy), everyone wonder how I can be so fast with crochet. Hehe, I am not going to tell them that I got behind your little secret Grin Grin
Thank you for your wonderful patterns!

One thing though: I got confused when I had made the 19th row of the pattern and found the hat too small, so I just added another six rows and thought my hat would be longer than the movie hat - but it's not! The movie hat and the hat you fotographed have four back post rows, and as those come every six rows, there must be at least four times six plus rim rows, that is, at least 25.

Wasn't a problem, I had to make another pattern change anyway, to increase the size, so I wasn't surprised I had to make it longer as well.

And here they are, Bella's ugly hailstormproof helmet Cheesy and the cute slouchy:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2009 02:52:54 PM »

I made this hat, because I love your hat patterns and couldn't decide upon which one to make, and had grey cotton around... the most boring hat in the world, but I know some Twilight fans who might like it... and then I offered it in the current round of the Sweat Shoppe Swap, and it looks like a lot of people wiill want it, so I am currently making another one in white.

I love the pattern! Everyone wonders how you can be so fast with crochet, and now that I make your patterns (I also made the Valentine Slouchy), everyone wonder how I can be so fast with crochet. Hehe, I am not going to tell them that I got behind your little secret Grin Grin
Thank you for your wonderful patterns!

One thing though: I got confused when I had made the 19th row of the pattern and found the hat too small, so I just added another six rows and thought my hat would be longer than the movie hat - but it's not! The movie hat and the hat you fotographed have four back post rows, and as those come every six rows, there must be at least four times six plus rim rows, that is, at least 25.

Wasn't a problem, I had to make another pattern change anyway, to increase the size, so I wasn't surprised I had to make it longer as well.

And here they are, Bella's ugly hailstormproof helmet Cheesy and the cute slouchy:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/148780_21Nov09_DSC01438.JPG

aww they turned out great. Thanks for posting. As for the bella hat, I have a smaller head than most so it fits me one way but a lot of people a different way Smiley I Plan on making a hat a size bigger using my husbands head so I know how much to increase. I'm so glad everything worked for you. Thanks again for showing me pics. I love seeing what other people come up with Smiley
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013 06:18:56 AM by pinkleo - Reason: please do not quote pictures, removed img » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2009 04:16:51 PM »

I finished another one tonight, this time with the increases of your pattern, and it fits my big head, although somewhat tighter, but not uncomfortable. I made comparably loose stitches (but used a smaller hook than you), so the hat is very flexible. If I had used thicker yarn and made it as tight as in the movies, it might have been too small for me. I will make one or two more, then my grey yarn will be finished and I think I will take a break from this pattern. I hope they aren't all claimed in the swap so I can keep one for future Twilight crazy swap partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2009 04:18:11 PM »

I finished another one tonight, this time with the increases of your pattern, and it fits my big head, although somewhat tighter, but not uncomfortable. I made comparably loose stitches (but used a smaller hook than you), so the hat is very flexible. If I had used thicker yarn and made it as tight as in the movies, it might have been too small for me. I will make one or two more, then my grey yarn will be finished and I think I will take a break from this pattern. I hope they aren't all claimed in the swap so I can keep one for future Twilight crazy swap partners.
I think the one in the movie was made with 2 pieces of yarn held together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2009 04:29:45 PM »

That makes sense. That must be the reason the hat looks so solid while still not having the blown-up stitches I got with a thick, fluffy yarn. I like the softness of the hat with the thinner yarn, I won't try the two strands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AprilDraven
Tutorial Contributor

I aim to misbehave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2009 05:03:19 PM »

That makes sense. That must be the reason the hat looks so solid while still not having the blown-up stitches I got with a thick, fluffy yarn. I like the softness of the hat with the thinner yarn, I won't try the two strands.
I like the softness too Smiley I might try making one to see what it looks like though Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftjunkiesc
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009 04:49:30 AM »

Thanks so much for sharing the pattern. While (GASP) I'm not a Twilight/New Moon fan, I DO LOVE this hat. The directions were spot on and I whipped one out in no time last night. I can see several of these gracing some Christmas stockings this year.
Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Artanis
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010 03:50:54 AM »

To tell the truth I do not like Twilight or Bella, but the hat's a beauty!
I'm about to make myself one in navy blue yarn (100% wool) right now!
Don't worry April. I'm not going to sell your hats without your permission.
Actually, I'm not going to sell it at all. I'm only 13.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jessica DuLong Talks About My River Chronicles
Tweak Book Trailer
Danny Tobey Talks About The Faculty Club
Carlos Eire Talks About Waiting for Snow in Havana
"Jasper Dash and the Flame-Pits of Delaware" Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...