Swap name: Read To Me Mommy Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: dragonslair
Sign-up date range: December 27, 2009 - January 10, 2010
Date to send item by: February 12, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 10
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Yes
If so, which country? USA
Additional Age requirement? 18 and up
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
This swap is about introducing children to books and characters outside of their comfortable norm. You will be choosing a book your children enjoy and sending it to your partner to introduce them to a book or author that should be completely new to them. Often times our children get caught up in rereading the same books or characters over and over this gives them the chance to learn about a new one. You will also be crafting a medium and two small items, or one large and one small item to go along with the book but does not necessarily have to be part of the book. Do your children like a special cookie at reading time, then make a batch and send it with the book. Do you like curling up with a blanket, then make one and send it along. Puppets, amigurumi, cocoa mix, the ideas are endless.
For this swap, remember you want to break out of the mold and definitely out of the sterotypes.
I'll do my best to pair people by children's age range. Remember this swap is for children 7 and under
For those who need a refresher, here's the Craftster guide to what is a large, a medium and a small:
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer and post a reply in forum:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Mommy Read To Me
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO):
Do you or anyone in your household smoke? Do you own pets?
How old is the child or children?
Is the child or children a boy or girl?
What is the child's reading level?
What do you normally read?
Are there any crafts you'd really love your child to receive?
What crafts do you like to do?
What crafts would not like/are unable to do?
Is there anything you do not want to receive?
What is your child's favorite colors/patterns?
What is your child's least favorite colors/patterns?
Is there anything else that you'd like your partner to know? (# Children involved in reading time and ages, pets, SOs, ALLERGIES of all children involved, etc.)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.