A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Read To Me Mommy Swap Signups CLOSED Sendout February 12, 2010  (Read 9254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftyhsmom
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009 08:35:39 PM »

I would love to join this swap.  I have a 3yr and almost 6.  We homeschool and would  love to integrate something like this into our day. 

Thank you for organizing this.  This seems like such a wonderful swap, we love books and crafting.  Can't wait.  I already have so many ideas running in my head, now I just have to find that "perfect" book.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009 08:43:38 PM »

my own kids are now 11 and 14, and I think they would laugh if i sat them down and read Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boyton to them

I was just thinking about this.... my 30 year old brother STILL loves Richard Scarry, and would probably even let me read it out loud to him, while cuddling a stuffed GoldBug.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009 09:20:10 PM »

Im a Montessori teacher (3-5yr olds) and would love to do this swap..... would it be alright to do it bases on my class? ... my own kids are now 11 and 14, and I think they would laugh if i sat them down and read Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boyton to them...........but I would love to get a new book and say some puppets or a felt/interactive board to use with the kids in my class......

You are more than welcome to join
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
pumpkinbear
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009 06:06:20 AM »

Replying per instruction...I'm def a con on the dollar amount, unless it's an equivalency. I already have an idea about the gorgeous, brand-new, AWESOME book I might send, but it's a re-gift of a Christmas present that my girls already own, not something store-bought by me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009 03:58:40 PM »

Im a Montessori teacher (3-5yr olds) and would love to do this swap..... would it be alright to do it bases on my class? ... my own kids are now 11 and 14, and I think they would laugh if i sat them down and read Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boyton to them...........but I would love to get a new book and say some puppets or a felt/interactive board to use with the kids in my class......

You are more than welcome to join

thank you.... will fill out and send in.... prob. tomorrow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009 05:12:03 PM »

Replying per instruction...I'm def a con on the dollar amount, unless it's an equivalency. I already have an idea about the gorgeous, brand-new, AWESOME book I might send, but it's a re-gift of a Christmas present that my girls already own, not something store-bought by me.

I so love regifting extras.... so much better to regift than have a gift unappreciated
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
huxtabio
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009 08:29:04 PM »

This swap sounds great! My daughter is 6 and loves her nightly reading...and I'm looking forward to making the extras that will go out with whatever book we get to send out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009 07:38:57 AM »

I don't have a kid of my own (nor will I anytime in the near future) but I love little kid books and still read them once in a while. Is there any chance I can get in on this swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
roccstarr75
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009 12:37:37 PM »

I rarely pay much for brand new books.  I find them at discount stores like Dollar Tree and The CHristmas Tree Shop.  I got my brother in a law a huge, hardcover Harley Davidson book at Christmas Tree Shop for like 3 bucks, that was originally $35!  The cost of the book should not be as much of a factor as the value of the book.  It should not matter if its brand new or not either as long as its in really good condition!  JMO...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beeker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Meep!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2009 02:18:52 PM »

I think I would like to join. I wouldn't mind international swapping. Actually, I think that would be wonderful. We have books coming out our ears at my house. I have 3 little guys under 6. Something from a different country might be interesting.
I teach elementary school. I love books. There's been a lot of talk about cost and such. Honestly, cost isn't an issue for me, and neither is the condition as long as it isn't falling apart. Quality books should be our goal here. You can get a book at the dollar tree or at Walden's, but if it doesn't have a good story or illustrations, your wasting your money. Well that's my two cents worth anyway... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:

Snarky housewife swap! - sent
Vintage Halloween - crafting!
OTT October Holiday Swap - Crafting!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get The Blake Lively Style
See How Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Do Paris
Wear Your Chambray Shirt a New Way Every Day
5 Ways to Revamp Your Fall Wardrobe
Sofia Vergara To Wed in Vera Wang
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...