A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anime/Manga Swap 5!! - sign-ups end Jan 5 - send outs Feb 10  (Read 19659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Proxima
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2010 11:27:26 AM »

One small done (yeah, I know it's not much), I'll get to the bigger items next weekend, I should have all the stress behind by Thursday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Walking through the glass of mirror,
going to most distant star,
looking for the higher tenor,
journey leading far and far.
RevolutionaryGirl

Evil Genius Extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2010 01:32:35 AM »

Wow, you'll have to share photos!  Are you gonna go with a group, or at least have an Anthy at your side?  ^_~

My friend is looking into being Anthy with me...we'll see.  Wink

Either way I'm just so excited to have an Utena costume. It's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/RevolutionaryGirl

Batman Swap - Sent and received!
Doctor Who Swap - Sent 10/27
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2010 02:32:51 PM »

Well I've never... cosplayed as anyone from an anime, but...

I might kind of sort of be the red Shy Guy with the crochet bomb purse in that picture.   Cheesy

ANYHOO! When I was looking for a tutorial here on craftster for one of my projects (and couldn't find it), I found another... and realized I had all the materials except one... and that material was on a SUPER SALE at Michael's this week...

So basically, I have an awesome, shiny, and colorful small gift which required me to leaf through about 2 years worth of Shoujo Beat magazine.  Grin BEST. PROJECT. EVER.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grapeicepop
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2010 04:52:30 PM »

I was working on a few projects, but im not liking the way that they are coming out. so... scrapping them and starting all over again.
I just started cosplaying this year! And now i'm addicted to it, you seem to meet so many more people at cons when you do. ^^ My icon picture would be me from AAC this past year.  Cheesy lol. i have a few cosplays half done and one that i need to take the whole bottom apart and fix it. I've been procrastinating, but hopefully i can have them all finished by Anime Boston thats in a couple of months.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hika-chan
Self Appointed Queen of the Leemars

A Mom enjoying my own adventures in Craftsterland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2010 09:18:15 PM »

I've been only to a con twice, and it was a very very small one... In belgium things like manga are finally starting to get up. There is one larger con that I know of but it's not only about anime but also about comics, sf, and stuff (most cosplayers are from star wars)
Sooo what I was planning to ask... what's a panel? Cheesy
(for the rest I read the 2nd manga of Dramacon, that's how much I know about cons Cheesy)
I want to go to one !!! There are more in The Netherlands but it's a bit far for me Sad

A panel can vary. Usually its informative in some way. Like a class on how to make cat ears or chobits ears. Or it can be a discussion or question and answer time with someone important, like ComicCon this year has Stan Lee doing a panel on creating comics. Last September at kumoricon Svetlana Chmakova (author of Dramacon and Night School) did a few panels on character design and getting published. They also had a drawing panel that lasted 20 hours out of each 24hour period I believe. But I think some of the random fun things are also considered panels. The swimsuit cosplay competition was under the panel listing last year and not the events. So maybe it varies. But for the most part I think its informative in some way. Does that help?

Thanks TPAUSILVER. I will keep that in mind.

DESEREE: You got me hooked! I just read the entire  MARS series in two days.  Amazing! I loved it! You should check out Hana Yori Dango. It's very simular in story and plot. I'm now starting on Paradise Kiss as I hadn't read that one either.

So, I as well have had issues with my  crafts. My smalls seem to not be working out as I had expected.  It worked so beautifully in my head though. Sad. On to try something else.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010 09:20:25 PM by Hika-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists http://=http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/
blog http://motherinwonderland.blogspot.com/

I love to swap ATCs. Let me know if you're interested.
Riechan
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2010 12:32:25 AM »

thanks Hika-chan !
Ooooh ! Hana yori dango!! Has anyone seen the Japanese of Korean(Boys over flowers) live action?
I loved it !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
Usagi-chan
You better call it Coulson, cause I'm starting to root for this guy.

"I need a distraction ... and an eyeball."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2010 12:18:57 PM »

thanks Hika-chan !
Ooooh ! Hana yori dango!! Has anyone seen the Japanese of Korean(Boys over flowers) live action?
I loved it !!

I sw the first season. I didn't finish the second for the Japanese one. I never got around to watching the Korean drama.

DESEREE: You got me hooked! I just read the entire  MARS series in two days.  Amazing! I loved it! You should check out Hana Yori Dango. It's very simular in story and plot. I'm now starting on Paradise Kiss as I hadn't read that one either.

I own the entire series of MARS and loved it myself. It was really good. Have you seen the Paradise Kiss anime? I loved it! I should read the manga though...

And all this talk of anime, I actualy started watching again! I'm on the last 4 eppy of Witchblade. I was kinda iffy about at the start but it got really good. I need more Anime!! HAha!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010 12:23:15 PM by Usagi-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://usagiinwonderland.blogspot.com/ <== My Blog!!
"When there's no room left in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth."
http://www.wists.com/usagi-chan
http://pinterest.com/usagi/
Riechan
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2010 01:03:21 PM »

I have watched Paradise kiss too ^^ I loved it, although it was too short Sad (only 11-12 episodes)

I am now watching Nodame Cantabile - Paris Chapter (it's actually season 2)
I actually saw the live action first (season 1 and the specials) and thought I'd see the anime too ^^ *LOVE!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
Hika-chan
Self Appointed Queen of the Leemars

A Mom enjoying my own adventures in Craftsterland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2010 03:48:44 PM »

I have seen both the korean and japanese live action versions of HYD. I Loved the japanese one. But then Jun Matsumoto Is HOT!! So who wouldn't love it. I finally got to see the last movie too. I was a bit disappointed in it, but the tv air for the movie release was hillarious. Tsubaka and Tsukushi are adorable together.

I wasn't aware there was an anime for paradise kiss. I will look into that.

I read more manga than I watch anime. I get to read manga in between classes, but I only have time to watch movies after the kids go to bed and when the hubby is playing games with his buddies. So its harder to watch them. I finally finished watching ranma 1/2 up to ep. 165 I believe.

Right now I am desperatly waiting on the next chapters of maid sama and faster than a kiss. And I NEED the new volume of ultimate venus! Yet the distribution of the volumes has been held up. Makes me want to cry. T-T

Has anyone read happy cafe? I got it yesterday but wont get to read it for a few more days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists http://=http://www.wists.com/Hika-chan/
blog http://motherinwonderland.blogspot.com/

I love to swap ATCs. Let me know if you're interested.
TPauSilver
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2010 02:25:47 AM »

I've been only to a con twice, and it was a very very small one... In belgium things like manga are finally starting to get up. There is one larger con that I know of but it's not only about anime but also about comics, sf, and stuff (most cosplayers are from star wars)
Sooo what I was planning to ask... what's a panel? Cheesy
(for the rest I read the 2nd manga of Dramacon, that's how much I know about cons Cheesy)
I want to go to one !!! There are more in The Netherlands but it's a bit far for me Sad

A panel can vary. Usually its informative in some way. Like a class on how to make cat ears or chobits ears. Or it can be a discussion or question and answer time with someone important, like ComicCon this year has Stan Lee doing a panel on creating comics. Last September at kumoricon Svetlana Chmakova (author of Dramacon and Night School) did a few panels on character design and getting published. They also had a drawing panel that lasted 20 hours out of each 24hour period I believe. But I think some of the random fun things are also considered panels. The swimsuit cosplay competition was under the panel listing last year and not the events. So maybe it varies. But for the most part I think its informative in some way. Does that help?

I would agree and be jealous about all of the above. In the UK panels are mostly run by people attending the con so they vary massivley from con to con. Normally the people who do them are quite knowledgable, we had a guy for the amecon prop worshop who made an amazing quality full size Al cosplay (From fma) and a set of automail limbs for his girlfriend who was playing Ed and they were do good. I have a friend who's obsessed with Phoenix Wright who did a panel on it showing clips of the Takarazuka musical and the Edgeworth game. So, yeah...

Then we have a yuri panel run by a group who might once have seen utena, but most of the anime they listed as yuri was vague subtext at best and they did a skit which mained me as a fan of most of the shows they included because it seemed they were working of bad summaries rather then having seen the anime. The up side of that is me and my friend are pretty obsessed with running the yuri panel at amecon this year. If we'll get to or not is another thing but we've already done a ton of preliminary research between us and we've both seem Utena, Strawberry Panic and Marimite from start to finish which puts us well ahead of last year's group XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Paints Celebrity Faces on Peanuts
Art and The Occult
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Art Worth $30 Million Found in Garage
Free Agents Set It Off in Miami
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...