A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lonely Hearts Club Valntines Day Swap ?  (Read 1585 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 21, 2009 07:19:35 PM »

Anybody get the blues when Valentines Day rolls around, and there's nobody to Love? Except Mom, and the cat or dog?
  Or, do you know someone who desperately needs a little present to show up in the mail for them? Like your brother, sister, parent, or best friend whose been single too long?  That's less than 7 weeks from now, so if anyone's interested,
Speak Up!!!
  And I'm talking about another simple swap... no six or nine points, or shop-the swap, just a few nice treats and suprises.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009 07:38:12 PM »

I was thinking about seeing if there was interest in an anti-V-day swap this year. I tried to organize one last year but I didn't think of it early enough. Maybe you could have the option to craft pro or anti v-day stuff for the singletons?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009 07:41:47 PM »

I was thinking about seeing if there was interest in an anti-V-day swap this year. I tried to organize one last year but I didn't think of it early enough. Maybe you could have the option to craft pro or anti v-day stuff for the singletons?
Could you elaborate please? What does Anti V-day mean to you, and what would you craft for itt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009 07:55:51 PM »

Anti-Valentine's day to me would be anything that upholds singleness as valid (i.e. you don't need to be in a couple to be a worthwhile person) or makes a satire of V-day or romance.

I did a personal swap last year on this theme and we just did small items, but one item I did was an altered altoids tin that said "If love is the answer, could you repeat the question?"  One of the items I got in return was a collage necklace, the centerpiece being a black heart. I could see crafts including broken hearts, lyrics from break-up songs, altered valentine cards, wilted roses, divorce statistics, etc.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009 08:04:04 PM by Feast Your Eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009 08:23:22 PM »

That sounds like fun, but I just had a horrible broken heart last year...
I'm not so sure I want to focus on it! But, I definitely agree with reinforcing the fact that we are whole and valid tho we are single!
I was thinking more in lines with giving someone a lift who may need some
encouragement... whether it be ourselves or someone else. And definitely uplift the wholeness of being an individual!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009 02:44:15 PM »

I am so in, provided I have a slot free!

Valentine's Day has rarely been a good day of the year for me.    Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quasi_one
Life with Jane

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009 02:38:48 PM »

This year I'm not going to be upset about being single cause in its own way it rocks, but I'm also not going to force other happy couples or the craziness on myself by leaving the house. I plan to stay home with a box of goodies, a good book, movie, letters from friends etc. Keep myself occupied while enjoying all my favourite things. And I am more than happy to send someone the same stuff so they can relax and enjoy vday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is like the mail, sometimes you just don't get it!

Once and awhile, in the middle of an ordinary lifetime, love gives us a miracle.

My wists ->  http://www.wists.com/BirdsofaFeather
My WIP Blog -> http://lifewithjane.net
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009 02:41:30 PM »

This year I'm not going to be upset about being single cause in its own way it rocks, but I'm also not going to force other happy couples or the craziness on myself by leaving the house. I plan to stay home with a box of goodies, a good book, movie, letters from friends etc. Keep myself occupied while enjoying all my favourite things. And I am more than happy to send someone the same stuff so they can relax and enjoy vday.

I'm with you!  Maybe a kit to start a new craft would be fun to try ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009 04:25:08 PM »

That sounds like it's about my speed... Staying home with some warm drink and a new craft kit!
  I'm thinking to go ahead and open this up the day after Christmas...
Maybe people will see it and sign up? I think everyone wants to get thru Christmas first! Then watch, this thing could get huge... Since I'm home and stuck here , It would give me a focus.
So, what if... I open it up Saturday the 26th, for 10 day sign-up period, and a NO-Fail send-out date of... say Feb. 9 at the latest. That means packages would be arriving on the 11th thru the 13th. The 14th is a Saturday. The mail comes then too, but I'd like this to be a swap where we all send at the same time. ( Even if our stuff is done)
   Any one out there? I'd sure like to hear some ideas on what sizes and types of items people would like to do. One thought I had was to have 3 categories, and one would be treats, another personal care, another a craft kit, or a book, perhaps some home-made bath salts. And some fudge, and some nice candles for the bath, etc. It can have things that are sweet and thoughtful, and does not have to be large expensive or time-consuming items. How about Those craft kits... we could list categories we'd be interested. Like the make a friend swap I saw... you sent someone a kit complete... I think this would be a great opportunity for something like that.

Also, in thinking of the possibility of going international... I think that if anyone signs up out of the USA, they should invite thier partner, so they can have some control over shipping. I hate to just shut people out, just over distance issues. Does anyone agree/disagree?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009 04:29:41 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009 04:35:24 PM »

That sounds great.  Perhaps it's a 'open on Valentine's Day' but not before type thing?  Gah.  The waiting will kill me, but it'll be fun.

Mmm, treats sound good - I tasted the best cookies today that I'd love to try my hand at (peanut butter with a pb cup in the middle!).   And the personal care (I just got a book with some beauty recipes in it I'd like to try!) and the book/craft kit ...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make Your Own All-Natural Physical Sunscreen
Cover Your Pimples Like a Supermodel
How to Fix Dry Brittle Nails
Megan Fox Admits to Loving Drugstore Beauty Products
Women Over 60 Model Marc Jacobs and NARS Beauty Ads
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...